LA LA - Janet Landry Brice, 21, Baton Rouge, Aug 1982

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by Kat, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

The Doe Network:
    Case File 1371DFLA

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1371dfla.html

Janet Landry Brice
    Missing since August 14/15, 1982 from Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
    •Date Of Birth: July 8, 1961
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'7"; 110 lbs.
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    •Marks, Scars, Tattoos: Tattoo on unknown hand of a flower in the webbing. Scar on unknown knee, Bump in the center of her forehead, lump on chin.
    •Clothing: White t-shirt with gray sleeves and black stripes, with 'Alaska' on front.
    •Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Brice was at a Baton Rouge lounge with friends the evening of August 15, 1982, when she spotted a familiar face in the crowd. She introduced the man to her friends as an old school chum and offered him a ride home.
    Brice dropped off another friend first and then headed in the direction of Cedarcrest to take her old schoolmate home. She never returned to her apartment.

Brice's Ford Galaxy 500 was found near Belaire High School a few weeks later. The keys had been left in the car and different people in the neighborhood had been driving it.
    Brice had worked as a barmaid and was married. Her husband was working offshore when she disappeared. Authorities were never able to track down the identity of the old school friend. Foul Play is suspected.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff's Department
    225-389-5073

Agency Case Number:
    82-1228

NCIC Number:
    M-094735158
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1581/232
    NamUs Profile:
    Dental: Unavailable
    DNA: Initial inquiry underway
    Fingerprints: Not available

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/brice_janet.html

http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=1860406500148

Janet has been missing 28 years today. Come home soon.

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Thank you for remembering my little sister.

She would have been 51 today and August will be the 30th anniversary of her disappearance.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

:bump: for fresh eyes to take a look at Janet's case

5. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Been missing you everyday for the last 34 years, little sister. Nothing worse than never knowing, always wondering and forever hoping that one day soon you'll come home, just...come home.

6. BethAnn777

BethAnn777 Active Member

Were the friends Janet was with that night shown yearbooks from Janet's high school? It's possible the old friend was from middle or elementary school too. But I'm thinking probably high school. What name did she introduce the old friend as?

7. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

Totally agree Ktgirl ... :bump:

Somewhat curious on the name of the lounge she was last seen, and were the schools she attended locally in BR or somewhere else.

8. folieadeuxnola

9. folieadeuxnola

10. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Hi, I'm Jan's big sister, and yes, they were all shown yearbooks going back to elementary school. She was part of a large group of friends that had known each other for years, going through elementary, middle and high school together. They said she referred to him as "Randy" and he was not identified in any of the yearbooks. Law enforcement said "it was if he never existed."

11. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Jan was last seen at the "Rack" lounge on Airline Hwy, and all the schools she attended were located in BR: Park Forest and Belaire High School.

12. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Thanks for posting this newspaper article!
    I had not seen it before and didn't know the Sheriff's department was checking into a possible connection to Henry Lee Lucas. I'm assuming nothing turned up as we were never contacted by law enforcement.
    Do you happen to know the date it was printed?

Thanks!

13. folieadeuxnola

Hello Sunnybrook, I believe at the time LE was trying to connect many open cases to Lucas. Lucas frequented BR to Slidell more that I ever realized.

I will check on the date for you, June 24th 1983, I saved the pics in a dare format hover over the article you will see the date.

Thank you for coming here, I did not find a lot of information on your sister.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. folieadeuxnola

If there is any further information you can provide here even additional photos it would be greatly appreciated.

Was Janet's car ever located?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

15. alawaysslueth

alawaysslueth Member

What kind of mood was she in the day she went missing....

16. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

I was just going to ask if her car was ever located. Great minds, folieadeuxnola!

17. alawaysslueth

alawaysslueth Member

I do not remember ever reading if she left any personal belongings behind, such as, wallet, purse, clothes,,.etc

18. boopa95

boopa95 New Member

Sunnybrook, on her NamUs link, MP#1581, it says under DNA the initial inquiry is underway. Did any of the family get notice, they need DNA from family members? If not, it'd sure be helpful, as NamUs, has solved a lot of missing persons cases through DNA.

19. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Yes, the car was located about 6 weeks later, in the parking lot of a large apartment complex. The keys were left in the car and a neighbor said it appeared to have been abandoned for about a month. and then someone started driving it. The police towed the car and found nothing of evidentiary value. Her case went cold and has remained that way ever since. Thank you!

20. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

I believe my father may have received a notice, but I know he didn't follow through and has since passed away.

21. Sunnybrook

Sunnybrook New Member

Jan had made plans to go swimming with a friend the next morning and appeared to be in good spirits.