GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

There is just nothing speedy about the trials. I can't imagine how dragged out they seem for family and friends. Thanks to all for the updates.

I'm sorry if this has already been posted but I've looked everywhere and can't find it...I'm looking for a copy of the transcripts of Sanchez first interview with detectives referred to in THIS article:
. http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/01/in_bourbon_street_dancer_jaren.html

'Her statements were made during an interrogation 2 1/2 years ago, and a transcript of the interview was filed into the court record Monday as Sanchez and co-defendant Terry Christopher Speaks near trial. The transcripts and other documents provide the public with the first look at the early stages of the Lockhart homicide investigation and Sanchez's initial response to being a suspect'.

ETA. Silly me. I'm presuming it will only become available through the trial and is not yet accessible to the public? Think I misunderstood.

Update on case and upcoming trial on nola.com today.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/terry_speaks_warns_accomplice.html#incart_river

"I saved some things in case I needed them in case you went off course,'' Speaks wrote in the email filed into 24th Judicial District Court records. "...

"There was absolutely no evidence found of any murder or the dismembering of a body at the Kenner address or the defendant vehicle,'' Benz wrote. "The State has no physical or forensic evidence the defendants committed a crime in Jefferson Parish or even anywhere in the state of Louisiana.''

So how does Speaks's attorney explain his saving pieces of evidence from Jaren's murder to point the blame on Sanchez if neither are guilty? I wish I was on this jury!

Terry Speaks' indictment in Jaren Lockhart killing will stand, judge says
By Andrea Shaw, NOLA.com - The Times-Picayune
on May 27, 2015 at 12:35 PM, updated May 27, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Terry Speaks' charges in the 2012 killing of Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart will stand, a judge ruled Wednesday. Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District said enough evidence exists for Speaks to stand trial on a second-degree murder charge June 15.
Indictment stands against suspect in stripper's murder, dismemberment
Danny Monteverde WWLTV Eyewitness News
1:16 p.m. CDT May 27, 2015

[...]
Attorneys for Terry Speaks, one of two co-defendant in the murder case of Jaren Lockhart, had asked a judge to toss out the indictment against him, arguing that the state has no physical evidence that the murder happened in Jefferson Parish.

But Judge Stephen Grefer said that there is enough evidence for Speaks to stand trial there.

Update on case and upcoming trial on nola.com today.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/05/terry_speaks_warns_accomplice.html#incart_river

"I saved some things in case I needed them in case you went off course,'' Speaks wrote in the email filed into 24th Judicial District Court records. "...

"There was absolutely no evidence found of any murder or the dismembering of a body at the Kenner address or the defendant vehicle,'' Benz wrote. "The State has no physical or forensic evidence the defendants committed a crime in Jefferson Parish or even anywhere in the state of Louisiana.''

So how does Speaks's attorney explain his saving pieces of evidence from Jaren's murder to point the blame on Sanchez if neither are guilty? I wish I was on this jury!
Speaks' words mean little if the DA can't produce the physical evidence, and I have a sinking feeling that's not possible. The video evidence from the club, Bourbon St and the highway cams, combined with the testimony from witnesses who saw them together that night, will serve as strong circumstantial evidence, imo. Let's just hope those witnesses are still around to take the stand, one in particular.

Terry Speaks' indictment in Jaren Lockhart killing will stand, judge says
By Andrea Shaw, NOLA.com - The Times-Picayune
on May 27, 2015 at 12:35 PM, updated May 27, 2015 at 12:36 PM

Terry Speaks' charges in the 2012 killing of Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart will stand, a judge ruled Wednesday. Judge Stephen Grefer of the 24th Judicial District said enough evidence exists for Speaks to stand trial on a second-degree murder charge June 15.
Indictment stands against suspect in stripper's murder, dismemberment
Danny Monteverde WWLTV Eyewitness News
1:16 p.m. CDT May 27, 2015

Respectfully snipped by me

And more from the article above-

"Authorities have yet to identify a motive in Lockhart's death, which was caused by a stab wound to the heart, but a search warrant issued last year by State Police that sought permission to search a cellphone claimed that Sanchez and Speaks "were involved in ritualistic sexual activities" and used the phone to record the acts - presumably also whatever happened with Lockhart."

Has this info about a cellphone being used to record what happened to Jaren been shared before? And why hasn't Sanchez's trial date been set yet??

Not exactly, certainly not the part about "ritualistic sexual activity", (though one could surmise that from the stab wound and other details). But if you recall, HCSO was working very hard to obtain cell records, which kind of bolstered the notion of a third party being involved. I have to be honest, though, I don't think the idea of telecasting the sexual acts, or the crime itself, had occurred to me. That would make so much sense if true. I've always believed they were hired to perform, but the logistics didn't work with an in-person scenario. We shall see.

ETA: Reading again, I see it was the State Police that served the warrant on a particular cell phone, but am pretty sure it was the HCSO investigator who mentioned they had been waiting a long time to get the records. I'll have to review that article.

Post in the Media Thread which links to the article about phone records. I was right. It was HCSO that was searching the cell records of JL and the two suspects.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8179876

Speaks to Sanchez: 'You're the one they'll fry and not me' in Jaren Lockhart dismemberment

Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2015/05/27/6247521/speaks-to-sanchez-youre-the-one.html#storylink=cpy

Terry Speaks sent emails to his accused co-conspirator in the 2012 murder and dismemberment of Bourbon Street dancer Jaren Lockhart threatening to expose her involvement in the crime, according to court records.

more at link..................i apologize if this has been posted, i'm behind on this thread :blushing:

Speaks' words mean little if the DA can't produce the physical evidence, and I have a sinking feeling that's not possible. The video evidence from the club, Bourbon St and the highway cams, combined with the testimony from witnesses who saw them together that night, will serve as strong circumstantial evidence, imo. Let's just hope those witnesses are still around to take the stand, one in particular.

I think they have plenty. Speaks' words are pretty damning. That's better than a confession IMO where they could say that LE influenced/intimidated them or fed them leading questions. I just can't get over the fact he was dumb enough to put that into an email. I would use the press at this point to try to give the impression that Sanchez is talking again. Speaks might be liable to get pissed off enough to tell all and try to dump it all on Sanchez. Either way, I'd really be surprised if this ends up going to trial for both of them. If Speaks is found guilty, you can bet your bottom dollar that he'll flip and testify to make sure Sanchez "suffers just like he is" to paraphrase his own words.

looking forward to this trial finally getting underway the 15th.......any word if it might be streamed? a bee can dream, right? :D

thanks fellow justice seekers :seeya:

Why do I just get this feeling that there won't be a trial. We've talked so much about Sanchez talking but it seems like Speaks might be the more likely one. If there is a trial I can't wait to see what else LE has and how they put it all together.

Latest on nola.com-Speaks wants to fire his attorney 10 days before trial date.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/06/terry_speaks_tries_to_fire_att.html#incart_river

Hoping and praying for Justice for Jaren on the eve of the three-year anniversary of her disappearance and murder.

thanks for the link ms. shagwell.........why am i not surprised in this last ditch effort by the ever "crafty" mr. sparks.......

the only slight concern i have after reading the article is him bringing up the fact that he has only seen his attorney eight times in 210 days........that is so easy to confirm that i have to believe it to be true and if it is true, that is a little concerning......now, that's not to say the attorney is not conferring with mr. sparks via telephone or by written means, but still that might be a viable point for ineffective counsel considering the charges he's facing..........

or maybe i'm just scaring myself and buying into the bluster.....

lordy lordy let this go forward without a hitch.........

I have so many thoughts on the latest events, but tonight, I'm taking the time to remember some of the victims who all went missing and/or were murdered around the same time of year, late May and June, and remain in my thoughts.

Rest in Peace, Jaren. Justice is close at hand.

W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg
W6whRBG.jpg

LINK

Why do I just get this feeling that there won't be a trial. We've talked so much about Sanchez talking but it seems like Speaks might be the more likely one. If there is a trial I can't wait to see what else LE has and how they put it all together.

Now Speaks's attorney is questioning the credibility of the two jail witnesses who claim Speaks talked about Jaren's murder. The background of the one who is in jail for holding a gun to the mother of a boy (and then planned to kidnap the boy) who blocked him from playing an online game would be funny if I didn't have a kid gamer who thinks everyone he plays online with is a friend. I can't believe there is actually someone just as crazy as Speaks and Sanchez involved in this trial.

http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/loc...nesses-in-murder-dismemberment-case/28739741/

I hope and pray Jaren's case keeps moving forward after three years of waiting for justice.

I have a feeling that Terry Speaks is keeping his attorney and that there will be a trial. I can't see Terry Speaks representing himself. I guess that we will have to see.
I am sure that he is ready for this trial, so that he can throw MAS under the bus and blame it all on her. He was in jail while MAS was enjoying her freedom for a while
and I'm sure he wasn't happy with that. I hope that we will find some more interesting facts from LE - that will probably answer some of our questions.

To quote Terry Speaks - "Everybody wants justice in this case, and both the defendant and the victim deserve the best representation possible."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back