GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

It wasn't just that. I prevented the DA from appealing to the jury's passions. It sounds like they gave a nuts and bolts closing, saving the more damning type of closing for rebuttal. By not giving it, it was a calculated move that they would actually lose more by giving a closing but allowing the prosecution to then give a rebuttal.

Another point I didn't hear hit on, maybe it was or maybe I didn't understand it. Speaks said Jaren was never in their car. Then how did they get her to Iberville and Burgundy?
Good point, reedus.

Iberville and Burgundy is just a few blocks from the club.

Thank you queenie SO MUCH for keeping on top of the tweets so that this trial could be followed. :rocker:

J4J is so close! Prayers going up for her family and friends and all who loved Jaren.

I know this has to have been unimaginably horrific for them.

2nd question if anyone knows. Was Speaks ever asked where those boots are now? My impression was he still had them. Also, was he ever asked why he still had them? Or how it is he came to have them if she never got in their car?

Also wish they would have hammered his lying ways a lot more. Maybe they did and it just wasn't tweeted, but hell, Speaks said on the stand he'd lie to avoid charges.

I'm wondering the same thing. You would think if investigators had them they would have used them as physical evidence at the trial and could have been tested for DNA? Is it worrisome that they are asking for photos of home, car, and club or not?

Good point, reedus.

Iberville and Burgundy is just a few blocks from the club.

Did cameras catch them walking in that direction or not? I think they mentioned a couple of businesses that caught them walking out of Temptations together. It would have been important for jury to see a map of FQ and where they headed.

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 2m2 minutes ago Gretna, LA

Speaks back in courtroom but Judge Grefer says there's still no verdict yet. Jury deliberating since 5:50 pm. #TerrySpeaks @FOX8NOLA

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 3m3 minutes ago Gretna, LA

Jury asking for license plate photos with time stamps. Def objects b/c pictures include writings which jury can't have. Prosecutors agree

I'm wondering the same thing. You would think if investigators had them they would have used them as physical evidence at the trial and could have been tested for DNA? Is it worrisome that they are asking for photos of home, car, and club or not?

Impossible to say. Those kind of things can be spun so many different ways.

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 4m4 minutes ago Gretna, LA

Jurors now more than two hours into deliberations. No word on verdict. #TerrySpeaks @FOX8NOLA

:waiting:

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 1m1 minute ago Gretna, LA

BREAKING: Verdict is in. Waiting on jury to enter courtroom. #TerrySpeaks @FOX8NOLA

Paul Purpura ‏@ppurpura 1m1 minute ago

The jury has weighed Terry Speaks' face about 2 hours, 15 minutes. People returning to court now. @NOLAnews #jarenlockhart

Rob Krieger ‏@Rob_Krieger 10s11 seconds ago

Jury did not fill out the verdict sheet correctly. Going back to complete the document & then they can return. #TerrySpeaks @FOX8NOLA

:banghead:

guilty!!! second degree murder

justice for jaren :rose:

listen! do you hear that??? it's margaret sanchez losing her s^&*

Wow, this is the quickest verdict I think I have witnessed.

I do not see it being "Not Guilty" - but what do I know?

On pins and needles.

Thanks Queen Bee for sticking this out for all of us!

ETA: It takes me too long to post.

Guilty as Charged!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas