GUILTY LA - Jaren Lockhart, 22, New Orleans, 5 June 2012 - #7

I hate to do this so soon, but I am having trouble finding something myself. Can anyone point me to the tweet or the post that referred to the other inmate saying that Terry claimed they killed several others? Thanks in advance!

Found it. Thanks

Now let the Motion for Post Trial relief begin and all of the appeals. They'll all be summarily denied based on everything I read. This Judge ran a tight ship all along the way.

Speaks is an idiot. Represented himself???? Testified????? Just a narcissistic *advertiser censored**hole, but aren't most all of these guys? Nothing more telling than his comment about being as famous as the Colorado movie theater shooter. As if that's what this is all about. Really was surprised no one rolled on the other. Sounds like Speaks might have been close to doing so at one time.

Now that he's staring at life in prison with no chance of parole, I wonder if he'll roll on MAS. Seems to me that although it would screw his chances on appeal, he might do it because the thought of her possibly getting off and roaming the streets free while he rots in prison might be too much for him.

Been saying for quite some time that they had more than enough evidence to bring charges. I think the most important factor in the charges being brought was when responsibility for the case changed hands.

Queen Bee...one last time...a huge medal for posting all of the tweets and keeping us up to date. So many thanks. It is so appreciated because I would not have been able to follow real time myself.

Found it. Thanks

Do ya think they could be responsible for more? I wouldn't be surprised. I guess it's not unheard of, especially given the Addie Hall background, but typically murderers don't jump straight to dismembering. Wasn't there someone related to this case or an acquaintance of their's that had died of an overdose? Something might have been questionable about it? Makes me think of Speaks' testimony comparing supposedly hooking Jaren up with Nick to providing drugs to someone and they die due to those drugs.

I've been moderating another thread, and I missed it. Hallelujah! :rocker:

Margaret Baker retweeted
New Orleans Advocate ‏@theadvocateno 11m11 minutes ago

Jury finds Terry Speaks guilty in killing of Bourbon Street dancer: http://bit.ly/1ITvoWQ

Again with the "Bourbon Street Dancer"!!!!!! She's has a freaking name! I hate when they do that! Still fighting for #justiceforjaren ARGH! :tantrum:

Guilty!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

:highfive:

Many prayers and warm thoughts for the family. May this day mark the beginning of peace in their minds and hearts.

J4J

Soar high, Jaren!

RlFGpcW.jpg

LINK

Back at home after going to dinner with family but was able to check Jaren's thread before we ordered and was elated to read the verdict. Thanks Queenie B and Bessie for always keeping us up-to-date and calm while we waited patiently for justice for Jaren. Now we just need to see Sanchez put away for life and Jaren can finally rest in peace. Can someone briefly explain what we can expect from her trial and verdict, and does Speaks's guilty verdict confirm that he was the one who actually stabbed Jaren?

Thoughts and prayers for Jaren's family and friends as they relived this horrific crime.

Now let the Motion for Post Trial relief begin and all of the appeals. They'll all be summarily denied based on everything I read. This Judge ran a tight ship all along the way.

Speaks is an idiot. Represented himself???? Testified????? Just a narcissistic *advertiser censored**hole, but aren't most all of these guys? Nothing more telling than his comment about being as famous as the Colorado movie theater shooter. As if that's what this is all about. Really was surprised no one rolled on the other. Sounds like Speaks might have been close to doing so at one time.

Now that he's staring at life in prison with no chance of parole, I wonder if he'll roll on MAS. Seems to me that although it would screw his chances on appeal, he might do it because the thought of her possibly getting off and roaming the streets free while he rots in prison might be too much for him.

Been saying for quite some time that they had more than enough evidence to bring charges. I think the most important factor in the charges being brought was when responsibility for the case changed hands.

On the flip side, having seen what happened to Speaks (or what I suspect will happen on July 8), MAS might be enticed to cut a deal and tell the truth about what went down. It won't make a difference for Jaren, or for TS, but MAS could spare herself from the prospect of spending the rest of her life behind bars. More importantly, the family would benefit by having answers to the questions that haunt them.

Do the right thing, Margaret.

Do ya think they could be responsible for more? I wouldn't be surprised. I guess it's not unheard of, especially given the Addie Hall background, but typically murderers don't jump straight to dismembering. Wasn't there someone related to this case or an acquaintance of their's that had died of an overdose? Something might have been questionable about it? Makes me think of Speaks' testimony comparing supposedly hooking Jaren up with Nick to providing drugs to someone and they die due to those drugs.

I had the same thought when I read Speaks's comment about the ramifications of being responsible for a death involving drugs. Hillary Moulder, a friend and coworker of Jaren, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in March of 2012 just three months before Jaren's murder. IIRC, she was found in a tub in a FQ hotel. I think there was mention of the thermostat being set on 80+ degrees when her body was found, but I can't remember the hotel.

Well, the fact that they successfully killed, dismembered, transported and disposed of a human without leaving one single shred of DNA evidence is what makes it a serious consideration, for me. I know hes a big talker, but the effectiveness of their act is what makes me very open to it. I hope the police are on that! Finding out when these 2 went missing and finding out who is missing murdered between dating and jail dates. I'm not convinced this is over yet. I hope she brings justice to many more, if it is true.

Lord, lord -- I have been sick and swamped with other stuff and I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE this trial was happening!! Lots of catching up to do...!!

Back at home after going to dinner with family but was able to check Jaren's thread before we ordered and was elated to read the verdict. Thanks Queenie B and Bessie for always keeping us up-to-date and calm while we waited patiently for justice for Jaren. Now we just need to see Sanchez put away for life and Jaren can finally rest in peace. Can someone briefly explain what we can expect from her trial and verdict, and does Speaks's guilty verdict confirm that he was the one who actually stabbed Jaren?

Thoughts and prayers for Jaren's family and friends as they relived this horrific crime.
Well, I don't know how calm we were, but you're welcome. ;) Hard to believe now that it's been three years. Remember waaaayy back when we thought there might never even be an arrest? Beside the family, my thoughts this week have been with the detectives who worked the case, and maybe a wee bit more so for the Hancock County investigators. They were so determined to bring charges on some basis (recall the proposed desecration of human remains charges?) so the two would not walk away.

In regard to Speaks' conviction, it wasn't proven that he actually delivered the death blow. As far as I know (and I did miss a day's worth of testimony, so I could be wrong) it wasn't even brought into question because 1) the DA knew it couldn't be proven; and, 2) under Louisiana law, it doesn't matter. Louisiana law, essentially, makes no distinction between principal and accomplice as pertains to murder and armed robbery. TS and MAS equally were charged with second degree homicide, and as such, both face a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole. For MAS to be convicted on those charges, a jury only has to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that MAS was a principal in the commission of the crime.

Louisiana Homicide Law
LSA-R.S. 14:29
Louisiana Homicide Law is Considered to be:
The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable omission of another.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title14/rs14-29/

These two links provide plain English, straight forward explanations.

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2011/11/principal-to-first-and-second-degree-murder/

http://reganlaw.net/criminal-defense/murder-cases-louisiana-homicide-law/

As we saw today, TS has no defense, ergo, neither does MAS. Not only that, he implicated MAS in all of his actions. According to his testimony, they were together for the duration. They went home together. They had sex together. He helped MAS to clean up after she got sick. In no way did he provide an "out" for MAS, no period of time when they were separated until the next day when he brought her to work. That was by design, imo, and he's determined that if he goes down, MAS is going with him. So what can we take from that?

"You got me so pissed I want to tell everything to the people just so you can suffer like me. I did everything to clean up the mess we made and where's the thanks...You're the one they'll fry and not me,'' Speaks said in the email filed in court records.

JMO, but if I were an "eyes for lies" type, I might interpret that statement as "the mess you got us into". Just to add, I still believe TS was out for the hustle. I can't completely dismiss the notion of a third party "customer", and money as a motive. MAS was the one who brought Jaren aboard, so to speak. And perhaps later, when JL found out the "party" involved much more than dancing, she resisted, and things got out of hand. Thus, TS blames MAS for recommending the wrong person.

Or, MAS was so messed up, that she got carried away in some bizarre fantasy, which ended JL's death. Thinking along those lines, I have to wonder if MAS intended the "little treat" for herself (the boots were part of the "Jaren scenario"). Again, TS would blame MAS for getting them into "a mess". IMO, either is a possibility, and the truth lies somewhere in between. TS was in it for the money; MAS was in it for the thrill.

Ultimately, TS and MAS might keep their secret behind bars for the rest of their natural lives, and we will never know. (Tough luck for us -- after all, what right do we have to know, anyway.) But for the sake of Jaren's family, I sincerely hope MAS will reveal the truth. No matter how horrific, there always is hope that one eventually can reconcile to the facts. The imagination, on the other hand, never rests.

:moo::moo::moo:

Well, the fact that they successfully killed, dismembered, transported and disposed of a human without leaving one single shred of DNA evidence is what makes it a serious consideration, for me. I know hes a big talker, but the effectiveness of their act is what makes me very open to it. I hope the police are on that! Finding out when these 2 went missing and finding out who is missing murdered between dating and jail dates. I'm not convinced this is over yet. I hope she brings justice to many more, if it is true.
You'd think someone who went to the lengths I believe TS did on his own "to clean up the mess", would have remembered to tell LE about an alibi -- "JC" -- if he really had one. But forget what I believe. By his own admission, he took measures to cover their tracks because he feared they'd be charged with some crime or other -- "negligence homicide". Yet, JC just slipped his mind.

JMO, but they're a couple of bird brains who got lucky with a bottle of bleach -- almost. Unfortunately for them, they were stupid enough to allow themselves to be caught on camera in the club, and on the highway.

Rob Krieger
‏@Rob_Krieger
Speaks telling jurors it slipped his mind to tell investigators about JC taking the car, even though it could explain the car going to MS.
https://twitter.com/Rob_Krieger/status/611994895566290944

Samuel Winstrom
‏@SamWinstrom
Last point Freese touched on was how similar witness, inmate testimonies are. Speaks said sometimes people 'just get lucky.'
https://twitter.com/SamWinstrom/status/612005307431059456

Well, I don't know how calm we were, but you're welcome.
wink.gif
Hard to believe now that it's been three years. Remember waaaayy back when we thought there might never even be an arrest? Beside the family, my thoughts this week have been with the detectives who worked the case, and maybe a wee bit more so for the Hancock County investigators. They were so determined to bring charges on some basis (recall the proposed desecration of human remains charges?) so the two would not walk away.

In regard to Speaks' conviction, it wasn't proven that he actually delivered the death blow. As far as I know (and I did miss a day's worth of testimony, so I could be wrong) it wasn't even brought into question because 1) the DA knew it couldn't be proven; and, 2) under Louisiana law, it doesn't matter. Louisiana law, essentially, makes no distinction between principal and accomplice as pertains to murder and armed robbery. TS and MAS equally were charged with second degree homicide, and as such, both face a maximum penalty of life in prison without parole. For MAS to be convicted on those charges, a jury only has to be convinced beyond a reasonable doubt that MAS was a principal in the commission of the crime.

Louisiana Homicide Law
LSA-R.S. 14:29
Louisiana Homicide Law is Considered to be:
The killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable omission of another.

http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title14/rs14-29/

These two links provide plain English, straight forward explanations.

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2011/11/principal-to-first-and-second-degree-murder/

http://reganlaw.net/criminal-defense/murder-cases-louisiana-homicide-law/

As we saw today, TS has no defense, ergo, neither does MAS. Not only that, he implicated MAS in all of his actions. According to his testimony, they were together for the duration. They went home together. They had sex together. He helped MAS to clean up after she got sick. In no way did he provide an "out" for MAS, no period of time when they were separated until the next day when he brought her to work. That was by design, imo, and he's determined that if he goes down, MAS is going with him. So what can we take from that?

"You got me so pissed I want to tell everything to the people just so you can suffer like me. I did everything to clean up the mess we made and where's the thanks...You're the one they'll fry and not me,'' Speaks said in the email filed in court records.

JMO, but if I were an "eyes for lies" type, I might interpret that statement as "the mess you got us into". Just to add, I still believe TS was out for the hustle. I can't completely dismiss the notion of a third party "customer", and money as a motive. MAS was the one who brought Jaren aboard, so to speak. And perhaps later, when JL found out the "party" involved much more than dancing, she resisted, and things got out of hand. Thus, TS blames MAS for recommending the wrong person.

Or, MAS was so messed up, that she got carried away in some bizarre fantasy, which ended JL's death. Thinking along those lines, I have to wonder if MAS intended the "little treat" for herself (the boots were part of the "Jaren scenario"). Again, TS would blame MAS for getting them into "a mess". IMO, either is a possibility, and the truth lies somewhere in between. TS was in it for the money; MAS was in it for the thrill.

Ultimately, TS and MAS might keep their secret behind bars for the rest of their natural lives, and we will never know. (Tough luck for us -- after all, what right do we have to know, anyway.) But for the sake of Jaren's family, I sincerely hope MAS will reveal the truth. No matter how horrific, there always is hope that one eventually can reconcile to the facts. The imagination, on the other hand, never rests.

moo.gif
moo.gif
moo.gif

:goodpost:

Such a great post, bessie!

Lord, lord -- I have been sick and swamped with other stuff and I DIDN'T EVEN REALIZE this trial was happening!! Lots of catching up to do...!!
Good to see you, BW. I'd noticed you weren't around much lately. Hope all is well with you now. :loveyou:

Forgive the OT, but we're coming up on the four year anniversary for Lauren Giddings. I still think of her often. She, Lauren Spierer, and Shane Fell in June/July 2011, then Jaren, Brittney, and Mickey in late May/June 2012. And little Neveah in late May, 2009. Justice for three out of seven is a decent ratio, but not good enough!

I had the same thought when I read Speaks's comment about the ramifications of being responsible for a death involving drugs. Hillary Moulder, a friend and coworker of Jaren, was found dead of an apparent drug overdose in March of 2012 just three months before Jaren's murder. IIRC, she was found in a tub in a FQ hotel. I think there was mention of the thermostat being set on 80+ degrees when her body was found, but I can't remember the hotel.

I can't find a link to this story, but I have saved this in my personal archives, but I hope this helps!

Hillary's sister, Terra Watkins, believes that so far, justice has been denied for both young women.
"When my sister died, no one really listened to us," she said Thursday. "We know my sister's case
was a murder." Unfortunately, she said, New Orleans is so overrun with crime and murders that she
fears the police and coroner's office wrote Hillary off as a drug overdose.

"The case is still open, but the police just stopped investigating." HIllary's body was found in the
bathtub of her apartment, Watkins said. There were missing items, she said, such as her cell phone,
and someone had turned the thermostat in the room up to 85 degrees, accelerating decay.

I find the last sentence here very interesting........

Hillary could have let TS into her apartment, because she knew him from working at Stiletto's.
A few months before Jaren was murdered, Hillary Moulder, was found dead in her apartment in
New Orleans. It was reported that Hillary Moulder also worked at Temptations too.

Attachments

• Hillary & Jaren.jpg
    Hillary & Jaren.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 122
I can't find a link to this story, but I have saved this in my personal archives, but I hope this helps!

"The case is still open, but the police just stopped investigating." HIllary's body was found in the
bathtub of her apartment, Watkins said. There were missing items, she said, such as her cell phone,
and someone had turned the thermostat in the room up to 85 degrees, accelerating decay.

Hillary could have let TS into her apartment, because she knew him from working at Stiletto's.
A few months before Jaren was murdered, Hillary Moulder, was found dead in her apartment in
New Orleans. It was reported that Hillary Moulder also worked at Temptations too.

Respectfully snipped by me

Thanks for the clarification. I do remember that Hillary was found in her apartment now. I think it was located closer to the Rampart and Esplanade area. I would love to know who she was with the last time her friends or coworkers saw her alive. If I'm not mistaken, anyone who sells or supplies drugs involved in a death by overdose can be tried for guilt in the death under LA law. (Help me on that one, Bessie, and thanks for all the info on Speaks's verdict and MAS's upcoming trial:tyou:) I've lost more students to drug overdoses than I ever imagined- so much lost promise and potential.

Hillary's sister, Terra Watkins, believes that so far, justice has been denied for both young women.
"When my sister died, no one really listened to us," she said Thursday. "We know my sister's case
was a murder." Unfortunately, she said, New Orleans is so overrun with crime and murders that she
fears the police and coroner's office wrote Hillary off as a drug overdose.

I am for sure not ruling him out, since he is the one that brought it up! In New Orleans, there is hardly ever a day for an 85 degree thermostat temp! And phones dont usually go missing by themselves on the same night you turn up dead. Lost phone, yes. Die of overdose, yes. The two on the same night? Unlikely. Again, I hope the police look at any missing girls, especially dancers, while Terry and Margaret were together or even when Terry was living here. I would love for other girls to get justice. I dont think that tidbit of info he gave out should be ignored- even if it turns out to be false.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back