Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 Aug 2019

I'm torn. If the body is eventually identified as Jennifer, then she's gone and there's no hope. Yes, the family will have closure, but its final. If the body isn't her, then there's always the hope that she can be found alive. I can't imagine the not knowing, and I can't imagine the finality of death. No matter what bad decisions Jennifer made, she didn't deserve this, whatever "this" happens to be.

Checking in to see if Jessica has any updates from LE or MSM.
Any one with an opinion to speculate why this case is like no other I have followed.
Anyone here had experience with the oddity of this missing case?

It is incredibly odd. Like the Tyler Davis case.

No searches, no friends talking, no LE update, crickets...

But, I'll quote myself from Sept 11-

The silence by those around Jessica makes me hope that she has run for her life, and they are aware and possibly helping.

What if the out of state friend she called that night before he disappearance, did actually show up the next day. While the husband was sleeping.

Why did the other friend that was so concerned about Jessica, and posted that her body may have been found, suddenly go to radio silence?

If Jessica was running, it all makes complete sense.

It is incredibly odd. Like the Tyler Davis case.

No searches, no friends talking, no LE update, crickets...

But, I'll quote myself from Sept 11-

The silence by those around Jessica makes me hope that she has run for her life, and they are aware and possibly helping.

What if the out of state friend she called that night before he disappearance, did actually show up the next day. While the husband was sleeping.

Why did the other friend that was so concerned about Jessica, and posted that her body may have been found, suddenly go to radio silence?

If Jessica was running, it all makes complete sense.
If that’s the case then why did the friend bothered to file a missing persons report with LE?? And what other friend who posted the update about a found body? It’s the same friend who posted the update.

Jessica didn’t go missing the day after she called her friend. She called her friend on 8/12 (Monday) and was last seen by her husband on 8/14 (Wednesday) afternoon.

If that’s the case then why did the friend bothered to file a missing persons report with LE?? And what other friend who posted the update about a found body? It’s the same friend who posted the update.

Jessica didn’t go missing the day after she called her friend. She called her friend on 8/12 (Monday) and was last seen by her husband on 8/14 (Wednesday) afternoon.

There are actually two people who posted identical posts re the body being found. It appears one copied and pasted from the other (or from yet another party). It wasn’t a case of one person “sharing” another person’s FB post. No further updates that I can find. I’m not sleuthing family and friends.

I feel like if her body has been found and foul play is suspected, we’d hear about it in the media. If she was found deceased and foul play is NOT suspected, we may not hear about it. Accident, overdose or self harm most likely would go unreported by the media. (Note: I’m not at all suggesting that Jessica had substance abuse or mental health issues.)
Furthermore the family could opt to hold a private funeral and not publish an obituary.

I do hope she’s safely hiding (because then she’d be alive), but I’m not confident that’s the case (statistically speaking). MOO

When multiple people close to the victim publish a definitive fact, it is probably true IMO. I'm wondering in what case they would be asked by the investigators not to discuss it further? Only if foul play was suspected? When would finding a body not be reported in the media?

When multiple people close to the victim publish a definitive fact, it is probably true IMO. I'm wondering in what case they would be asked by the investigators not to discuss it further? Only if foul play was suspected? When would finding a body not be reported in the media?
I think when it becomes a very private matter (suicide or overdose) and it could be that the family doesn’t want it published so LE and the coroner have complied with their wishes.

You would think if she was found and decreased, and it was ruled a suicide or accidental overdose, the husband whom has legal say in her resting at peace would have it out screaming to pubic and shouting his innocence.
This case is perplexing me to the max.
Your presence on this earth matters to us Jessica.
Suicide is nothing to be ashamed of.
Murder is.

Then where is the obituary, no service or memorial? No mention of any of those things from her friends who were posting about her?
Maybe her family didn't want anything public in that regard. I got the impression from the posts that there were things they couldn't comment on due to the ongoing investigation. It could mean that the cause of death was not conclusive or that the circumstances called for investigation. They could have said that foul play wasn't suspected, had that been the case.

We only have the husband's account of the Wednesday 14th, don't forget. Without casting aspersions, it seems odd that no family member or the friend she was due to contact on the Tuesday 13th, has seen or heard from her since the call to the friend on Monday 12th evening.

Even in cases of suicide or overdose MSM will say she had been "found" without necessarily stating cause of death.
Usually they have a release saying they were found, but just this week in Pennsylvania a man was missing, then all that could be found was an obituary. There was no statement from LE, and nothing in MSM or FB about it.

Even in cases of suicide or overdose MSM will say she had been "found" without necessarily stating cause of death.

I’m local-ish to this area (<50 miles). In my opinion, if it’s not salacious or click bait worthy, it’s not a guarantee that a story will be published. If she was found and suicide was the cause of death, the local news might not report it. I’ve seen it many times. I’ll be intrigued by a local missing persons story and follow it for a while. Radio silence. A year or so later, I might run into someone who knew the victim (family member, friend) and I’ll ask about the outcome. Usually the person is deceased, sometimes drug overdose, sometimes suicide. Rarely published.

Frankly, I’m a tad surprised that the info about their cam work wasn’t reported locally.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back