Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 August 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsMiniSleuth, Aug 20, 2019.

1. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

@azure there is a lot more to this case which because of WS TOC can't be stated here.

However, the friend was instrumental in reporting Jessica missing initially to police, and kept on at them to do a welfare check.

She is in contact with Jessica's family who have naturally been keeping her in the frame as to what is happening, and presumably so she can act as a kind of spokesperson in keeping those who have been looking out for Jessica updated.

The length of this case, from a body being found (which was Aug 22) and a positive ID being made, seems extraordinarily long - now well over 2 months.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    GarAndTeed, mjp1228, geevee and 11 others like this.

2. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

I think NOPD knows the identity of this body, but for what ever reason is not releasing ID.
    Think about it once they do, legally the body will have to be released to next of kin.

If Jessica I hope she gets peace with her mom and sisters.
    Maybe they are keeping quite as her death will be just part of the charges brought with a big crime of the underworld of many arrests. I think suspect or suspects are under surveillance and I hope he/she is not sleeping a wink.

JUSTICE4JESSICA

3. sweetcaro

sweetcaro Well-Known Member

Just checked their Twitter and he's posting pics of her still. So wrong.

4. Penny4YourThoughts

Penny4YourThoughts Well-Known Member

Sofa king wrong.

GarAndTeed, HayLouise, TDoc72 and 7 others like this.
  5. ThatSpyGuy

ThatSpyGuy Member

Update from the friend/ family spokesperson:

11/8/2019
    Our hearts are broken tonight. We have received confirmation that the body found near Jessica’s home is indeed her. We will be making arrangements for her service and will keep everyone updated so that anyone that needs to has a chance to say goodbye.

6. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

wow! I’m happy they finally were able to share that publicly, I wonder how they will rule her manner of death.
    So sad to hear this news, but since her body was found sooner rather than later, there should hopefully be more evidence to hopefully get some justice for her and her family :(

7. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

What a strange situation. How could the news not report the recovery of a body just four blocks from the home of a missing woman? And how could the body go unidentified for so long?

8. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

It’s so weird. Why would it take this long to identify her? Were there no dental records? She was found fairly quickly—could the family not ID her? And nothing in the news. Nothing.

edited for spelling

Last edited: Nov 8, 2019
    TxMother67, mjp1228, misgrn and 4 others like this.
  9. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

In my personal opinion, there is a mild cover up happening, I believe it was homicide and the perp has some form of power slowing this down.. that’s jmo !

10. Nancy19XX

Nancy19XX Well-Known Member

Oh no! Not what I wanted to hear! I'm so heart broken for her family and friends. Where are the MSM links confirming this, as I haven't seen anything?

misgrn, ChiCubs2016 and happyday like this.
  11. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

If they have ID'd Jessica's body, and she was murdered, wouldn't that have been mentioned?

12. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

There are none, it was an announcement on Facebook.

13. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

My first thought is self harm or accidental overdose. Typically this wouldn’t be reported by the media.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, Suglo and 4 others like this.
  14. MsMiniSleuth

I understand from sources close to that her body was too decomposed to give immediate ID. Family had provided DNA, but for whatever reason there seemed an inordinate delay on the part of the police. Family were sure it was her from a tattoo she had.

Very sad all round. RIP.

15. MsMiniSleuth

There has been zilch in media. One of the sleuths here reached out back in late August to one media and was told they would only follow up when body ID'd and as long as it wasn't suicide.

misgrn, ChiCubs2016, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  16. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

That’s just my point...
    When have we read on here a report of a missing wife who was afraid before she was last seen, she wound up deceased and they wouldn’t report it, finally identify her and still won’t report it.. there’s no pleas from anyone but her family, and nothing shows up in SM? I’m quite sure the only reason they finally admitted it was her was her parents and friends are pushing... I’m anticipating they will rule this suicide, but I don’t believe its the case in this one. Jmo

17. MsMiniSleuth

And this ^

Makes me feel sick. Feel like saying don't you even care that your wife is dead?

I see their Chaturbate room has now been banned?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
  18. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

Did someone use the word "dumped" in describing how her body appeared four blocks from her home?

HayLouise, mpnola, live40love and 3 others like this.
  19. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

I agree with you. Nothing seems right about this. So sad.

RIP Jessica.

20. Jwb5678

Jwb5678 New Member

If the police or media had any reason to believe there was foul play it would probably be a big story. They lived in an affluent area, definitely one of the safest neighborhoods in New Orleans. Murders are rare in Lakeview. I imagine there was pretty solid evidence that it was self harm and the family elected to keep it private.

mpnola, misgrn and Suglo like this.