Found Deceased LA - Jessica Easterly Durning, 43, New Orleans, 14 August 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by MsMiniSleuth, Aug 20, 2019.

1. canteloupe

canteloupe Well-Known Member

I still really struggle with what's considered appropriate by the site TOC, but these are public pages or "stories" on social media...as in I don't have accounts with the big three social media sites, but am able to see these publicly shared pages when I searched for Jessica's name.

Hazelnutty, rkendmar, Knox and 2 others like this.

2. sweetcaro

sweetcaro Well-Known Member

Where are you Jessica?

3. sillybilly

sillybilly WS Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

ADMIN NOTE:

Discussing social media comments is not allowed. Posts have been removed.

Please read The Rules "Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc" linked in my signature.

TatianaBarbie, Amonet and Hazelnutty like this.
  4. MsMiniSleuth

MsMiniSleuth Well-Known Member

Her cousin Stephanie put an appeal on the Missing Persons Network yesterday. The family seem to disagree with husband as to when she was last seen.

Missing Persons Cases Network

5. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

No updates from MSM or NOPD.
    No searches being planned.
    Hopefully, the silence indicates that LE is actively investigating Jessica's disappearance.

6. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Maybe one of the family members will join us and become verified? It would seem at this point to be the only way we are going to get any information.

7. MsMiniSleuth

How active is active? :(

I don't know how active the family is, seems they mostly live in another state. Maybe they need press and TV coverage.

And apart from the Twitter post, which wasn't exactly an appeal either, seen nothing forthcoming from husband.

8. MsMiniSleuth

It appears very much as if the police only became involved because the friend kept on at the NOPD to check her house as hadn't heard from Jessica.

NOPD then attended house to do wellness check, and presumably there spoke with husband.

Which begs the question why hadn't HE contacted them? And, why has he since not put out any appeal?

Two weeks tomorrow since she was last seen or spoken to by family or friends, though husband of course says he saw her up until 1pm on the Wednesday. Make your own minds up what is going on there. Did she just go incommunicado over Tuesday/Wednesday, or was there another reason for her silence?

AnnaGrace, Nancy19XX, Alcina and 14 others like this.
  9. rkendmar

rkendmar Well-Known Member

Are there any Websleuths members who live in or near NOLA?

briigeee, CHEL, mpnola and 1 other person like this.
  10. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

This case is one that has me remembering Jaren Lockhart. Her daughter must be 10 today.

bluenoser and Knox like this.
  11. Elle*Bee

Elle*Bee We're all just stories in the end.

This case is local-ish to me.

12. Traymar

Traymar Well-Known Member

Tagging @mpnola, who I believe is there. I'm an hour and a half away but visit often as my oldest and her family live there.

13. Lato

Lato Well-Known Member

Hi....born and raised in New Orleans and Metairie.....on the Northshore after Katrina....what can I do to help?

14. Lato

Lato Well-Known Member

I have shared the information to friends in Lakeview area. I am checking Google each day. Since I am older, I probable cannot do much.....other than on my computer.
    Thanks to all who are following.....

15. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Oh gosh I followed that case, hadn't thought about it in a while. I'll never forget the couple who killed her.

16. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Any of you locals have a media contact or someone who would be willing to put together a vigil to bring more awareness?

17. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Hey, thanks! I'm here. Let me read and catch up.

bluenoser, mjp1228, AnnaGrace and 6 others like this.
  18. nola1

nola1 New Member

I used to live on this street! Wow! Very nice neighborhood but close to Crime! We had people trying to break in during the middle of the night, 2 times!!

19. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

New Orleans is known to be dangerous. But this area is one of the only areas in Orleans Parish that is still considered pretty safe. It is sought after and expensive real estate. I would really doubt anything happened to her in the day without anyone seeing.

People in this area are also vigilant about their neighborhood. There is even a facebook page that they watch for and report crime. I will have to look if anything is posted. I say that because tons of people have cameras or door cameras. My brother lives right there and does.

We also have Project NOLA that could possibly help. They have access to all the cameras who give them permissions and they help track crime. They give info to the police. I have a sneaking suspicion that the police already know what's up here. And I dont think it had anything to do with a vanishing human at the 1pm nap hour.

It would be weird to go to city park in the day and randomly drown in any of the water. Real weird.

I also worked in mental health for 16 years. I had a hard time getting real.live emergencies admitted because we have no mental health system left here. So, naw. She didnt go walk in and check herself in anywhere for 2 weeks. Not happening here. They damn near let you go if you're homicidal but maybe didnt get the weapon yet.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  20. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Just a follow up. The Lakeview crime watch page does have a post about her. You can see they often ask people for video. I'm thinking this has happened already, behind the scenes. I am hoping they got video following a path...... of her walking or any activity since she was last seen home.

LakeView Neighborhood Watch Group