GUILTY LA - Kaitlin Aydell, 13, French Settlement, 1 Feb 2007

mistivon

Verified Insider - Maricela Garcia
Reaction score
FRENCH SETTLEMENT — Friends, neighbors and relatives waited with worried faces Friday as police and sheriff’s deputies searched the mobile home of a man held in connection with seventh-grader Kaitlin M. Aydell’s disappearance. The mobile home is situated behind her house.

The 13-year-old French Settlement High School student was last seen Thursday about 3 p.m. leaving a school bus for home.

Her disappearance shocked residents of French Settlement, a tight-knit southern Livingston Parish bayou community where these kind of things aren’t supposed to happen, Kaitlin’s family and friends and law enforcement officials said

more:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/suburban/5542951.html

info on her myspace:

http://www..net/14330

Kaitlin Aydell age 13
Kaitlin+Aydell.jpg

the video says, Her cousin-in-law has been arrested for outright lying to the police as to his where abouts, that he was working at the time, and about scratches on his face. link
Mark Sterling Lewis, 39, was arrested early Friday on one count of obstruction of justice for giving false information to investigators. For the past two years, he has been Kaitlin’s relative by marriage.

Lewis “was not truthful with investigators when asked pertinent questions” to help find the girl, the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office said.

Lewis was convicted of kidnapping and other charges involving the abduction of a woman in September 1995 and served prison time.
doesn't sound good at all!

I originally posted that .net article at my True Crime Blog, too.

This case is starting to remind me of the Carlie Brucia case, what with it being Super Bowl weekend, too.

Steve/Mr. A.

I've sent an e-mail to my press contacts and other crime-bloggers, and posted a bulletin on MySpace.

Chances are, this girl is in the area. Sadly, the chances are she's not alive. But I'm really bothered by this Mark Lewis's piddling 2 years in jail, and think people should know about that as well.

He held a screwdriver to a woman's throat, tried to abduct her. After setting up a situation where he "helped" the woman, because I'm certain he punctured the tire of the woman he tried to kidnap in 1995. Two years seems pretty weak.

Steve/Mr. A.

misterallgood said:
I've sent an e-mail to my press contacts and other crime-bloggers, and posted a bulletin on MySpace.

Chances are, this girl is in the area. Sadly, the chances are she's not alive. But I'm really bothered by this Mark Lewis's piddling 2 years in jail, and think people should know about that as well.

He held a screwdriver to a woman's throat, tried to abduct her. After setting up a situation where he "helped" the woman, because I'm certain he punctured the tire of the woman he tried to kidnap in 1995. Two years seems pretty weak.

Steve/Mr. A.

Steve, you can't be surprised, afterall this is Louisiana. Think Derrick Todd Lee and all of his assaults but he was still on the street to commit at least 6 murders and rapes. I don't have the number of years he got but relative to his ongoing crimes it was piddling.

What a beautiful girl. I have a daughter who is 13 and in 7th grade. This makes me crazy b/c likely this has raped and killed Kaitlin. I pray not, but it is not looking good. :(

englishleigh said:
What a beautiful girl. I have a daughter who is 13 and in 7th grade. This makes me crazy b/c likely this has raped and killed Kaitlin. I pray not, but it is not looking good. :(
I agree. They need to be searching the marshy area around the home. If he abducted her after school it wasn't dark yet so transporting her in his car on the main streets would be risky. Plenty of rural, marshy areas in Livingston Parish to look for a body. With that said, they need to organize search parties ASAP to preserve any evidence.

ST. AMANT — Ascension Parish Sheriff Jeff Wiley said the body found Saturday off La. 936 at St. Amant is that of a young white girl.

Livingston Parish sheriff’s investigators searching for a 13-year-old French Settlement girl missing since Thursday afternoon arrived at the location in Ascension Parish Saturday evening to examine the body.

Wiley said that two men who had volunteered to help search for 13-year-old Kaitlin Aydell of French Settlement noticed some disturbed leaves and vegetation in a small bayou. On closer inspection, they found the body, the sheriff said.

more, but not officially id'd yet:

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/ascension/5545321.html

mistivon said:
pardon me, but GODDAMMIT

No pardon necessary...I feel the same exact way. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

Sassygerl said:
:( :furious: :furious: No one in the family knew about this monster's criminal history???? What a shame. RIP Kaitlin and prayers to the family.

Here's her myspace...what a cute, cute girl :(

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cf...&MyToken=8da2c29c-51b1-435c-9d20-19f27028bcf2

This just rips me. I would offer this advise to reporters in the area....go to the sex offender list and see how many of these pervs on in La. then put this in your newspapers. In New Iberia, I located over 400 and this is a town of 25,000. This is where my grandchildren are and I worry constantly. You have a responsibility to educate and this falls on your shoulders.

People there are not listening to CNN or Fox they are listening to local news and reading local newspapers.

Melissa who was formerly with the Advocate was the only reporter who had a clue. Now, I believe she is with an LSU newspaper. She had guts to open so can some of you other reporters follow in her footsteps?

I was on looking at Kaitlins myspace. Her best friend appears to be a little girl named Shayla. It looks like they were inseperable. At 13 I can not imagine the grief this girl must be going through. This will change her lifer forever. What a sad sad memory to carry with you into adulthood. Lets all pray for Shayla that the Lord will give her the comfort and strength she needs to get through. Love to Shayla!!!!

God oh god this is making me so mad. So effing mad.

Such a sweet innocent little girl. Just looking at her pictures breaks my heart.

She trusted that murdering creep. She probably had no fear of him at all. He must have been waiting for her to get home from school. I'm glad that they caught him so fast and that they also found her so soon rather than months or years down the road. It sounds like they were on the ball looking for her right away. What a horrible thing to happen to this sweet pretty little thing.

My heart goes out to her family and to her friends. It sounds like she was well liked and had a lot of friends. So darn young to have her life taken in such a horrible way.

I hope justice is served in this case. I agree with Steve about this murdering creep only serving two years of a seven year sentence. What were they thinking anyway. The guy setup the kidnapping and if that woman hadn't gotten away he probably would have raped and murdered her. I hope that we can follow this case and see how well justice is served for this little girl.

I am heart sick over this, the senseless murder of a young girl by a depraved sorry excuse for a human. I pray for her family and loved ones.

Lion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back