LA - Kaylene Herodias, 4 mos, shaken to death, twin injured, Denham Springs, May 2010

Kimberlyd125

Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athlet
Reaction score
http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12447602

DENHAM SPRINGS, LA (WAFB) - The father of infant twin girls is facing attempted murder charges after one died Thursday and the other suffered a seizure.

Authorities were called shortly before noon to a home in the 28100 block of Juban Road. When they arrived, they found a four-month-old girl that was not breathing. The baby was taken to a local hospital where she was pronounced dead.

The surviving twin was taken into protective custody by the Office of Community Services. Around 3 p.m., she was taken to the hospital after suffering what appeared to be a seizure. Doctors treating the baby found evidence of shaken baby syndrome.

The twins' father, Eduardo Herodias, 20, has been charged with attempted first degree murder.

Photo of father of the year.....:furious:

Attachments

• 12447602_BG1.jpg
    12447602_BG1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 40
http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/93076534.html

DENHAM SPRINGS – Deputies are investigating the death of a 4-month old girl and injuries to her twin, the Sheriff’s Office confirmed this morning.

Deputies arrested Eduardo Kyle Herodias, the father of the children, Thursday night, said Perry Rushing, chief of operations of the Livingston Parish Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies booked Herodias on a count of attempted first-degree murder in connection with injuries to the twin who is hospitalized, Rushing said.

Rushing said an autopsy is being conducted on the child who died.

I'm not really finding anything on this man. Reverse lookup of the address gives no results.
Of course, he's only 20.

I wonder where the mother is or was?
No info at all given for her. I wonder if she is a minor.

well im no sherlock holmes but id say this guy hurt both of them.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/news/93164569.html

An autopsy was ordered in the death of the second child, who was pronounced dead at a Baton Rouge hospital Thursday afternoon, Rushing said. The results of the autopsy are expected by Monday, said Chief Criminal Deputy Jason Ard.

well im no sherlock holmes but id say this guy hurt both of them.

Yeah, I think that is a no brainer.

But they are waiting on the autopsy results before they charge him with murder. IMO

You know, father's day is coming up.
I bet he will have a great one in the Livingston Parish Jail.

JMO

http://www.actionnews17.com/News/ta...d-first-degree-murder-of-infant-daughter.aspx

Doctors examining that child found several subdural hematomas consistent with Shaken Baby Syndrome. This, in combination with statements obtained from the father and evidence gathered at the scene led Detectives to charge the father with Attempted 1st Degree Murder.

IDK, does it sound like they waited 3 hours until the surviving twin had a seizure before they took her to the ER? It would seem that they would have taken this twin to be checked out at noon, too, considering the circumstances of her twin and the age of the twins.

http://www.actionnews17.com/News/ta...d-first-degree-murder-of-infant-daughter.aspx

Doctors examining that child found several subdural hematomas consistent with Shaken Baby Syndrome. This, in combination with statements obtained from the father and evidence gathered at the scene led Detectives to charge the father with Attempted 1st Degree Murder.

IDK, does it sound like they waited 3 hours until the surviving twin had a seizure before they took her to the ER? It would seem that they would have taken this twin to be checked out at noon, too, considering the circumstances of her twin and the age of the twins.

I agree. I thought that exact same thing when I read they took the baby to the hospital after a seizure.
They should have done that as soon as they left the house. IMO

I agree. I thought that exact same thing when I read they took the baby to the hospital after a seizure.
They should have done that as soon as they left the house. IMO

Ok, after reading the article at the link provided above, it seems there were no external injuries noted right?
Maybe the initial thought of EMS was SIDS or something.

That would explain why the living baby did not go to the hospital right away.

I'm sure it took the 3 hours or so to get all the info from the father, ...KWIM, maybe the seizure happened before they knew the death was from injuries.
Once at the hospital, all the brain injuries were found.

I don't know, but it seems like that may be why they didn't take the baby straight to the hospital.
Maybe we will hear more on this.

Any news on the mother yet?

I can't find anything.

And, I find that rather odd. No mention of her at all.
I mean, even if she is a minor, she's their mother. So, you would think they would say "the mother was .... at the time" or "the mother is being questioned" or something. KWIM
They don't have to give her info out to report what's going on.

These babies are 4 months old. WHERE IS THE MOTHER?????

The mother's aunt says she does not think the father did it.

Oh gosh...they were premies and were just taken off their heart monitors this week.
Poor girls! They have had to fight for life for 4 months and now this.

I'm sick.

http://www.wafb.com/Global/story.asp?S=12449024

BATON ROUGE, LA (WAFB) - A Baton Rouge family is grieving the loss of one baby and hoping their other child will make it out of intensive care.

The twins were the joy of the family. They were full of life and starting to show personality at four months old. Mentioning the twins' names, Kaylynn and Kayla, now just brings tears.

"Kaylynn is passed away, and Kayla is in intensive care," said Mills.

Mills said she was at the hospital with their mother when she found out about her babies.

This is so horrible. Those poor little babies. I just don't even know what to say any more. All these little babies, brutalized and murdered. It just breaks my heart. :(

This is so horrible. Those poor little babies. I just don't even know what to say any more. All these little babies, brutalized and murdered. It just breaks my heart. :(

I know BeanE. What kind of monster could kill a 4 month old baby and severly injure her twin?
We know now the there is a custody battle going on, so I guess this was his way of sticking it to Mom? :banghead:

Normally custody battles means both parents want to have their children. But this man was willing to battle for them, but turn around and kill them. Just to hurt the mother???? Makes me sick.

This happened about 30 minutes from me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back