LA - Levi Cole Ellerbe, 6 mos, kidnapped, burned to death, Natchitoches, 17 Jul 2018 *arrests*

Discussion in 'Currently Awaiting Trial' started by cybervampira, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

On her FB page quite recently family were really supportive of her.

Ilovemy3boys likes this.

2. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

So did the "mom" have her hearing on 7/30?? Any updates on that? Actually, a date on both of them would be nice!

TIA! :)

3. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

all of it! :(

Suglo likes this.
  4. Charliegizmo49

Charliegizmo49 Former Member

In another horrific abuse/death if a 2 year old in Flint Michigan the prosecutor is investigating the family. He’s bee the Gennesecciunty DA FOR A VERY LONG TIME. he said today that it was the worst child abuse case he had ever seen.

He’s investigating and hopes to file an abuse case against the family who he very strongly believes had to have seen the bite marks, cuts, gouges and so many bruises she was marked over 95% her body. I can’t go into the rest. He is attending a child abuse seminar in a month and he’s been asked to speak in the subject of prosecuting family who knew and did nothing.

5. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(How on earth do we know how to do that? That’s what we rely on you for, Niner!)

(Wait a minute, last night I had a dream I was asking you how the weather was in Latvia. Or maybe I posted it? I hope I don’t start sleep posting here! Yikes, better hide my devices, maybe take the batteries out.)

Suglo, FlossyMay and Niner like this.
  6. margarita25

:(

7. margarita25

I am looking forward to FLA posting about further thoughts and measures towards Lucas’ Law, whatever specific direction(s) with this she and her family choose to take, in the time that they take to do so. ( Some possible options discussed in Lucas’ thread include (paraphrasing to the best of my ability) if you you’re not legally allowed to take care of your own kids, you shouldn’t be allowed to take care of step kids. Note to link discussion.
    ( what is the status of Sherin’s Law, I wonder? I want to see a Baby Levi Law, whatever it is. (One idea I had in another thread was something about CPS being automatically flagged:called to do a welfare check on your kids if you get charged with meth or something like that.))

With that being said, if there were to be a “Baby Levi Law” in the future, what are all of your thoughts about what something like “this” can specifically address, productively?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  8. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Sleep posting.... [​IMG] Don't feel bad - I have dreams of keeping up my lists! LOL!
    The weather here - TOO HUMID!!!! [​IMG] nothing like California weather, unfortunately.

Still awaiting "someone" to help with next hearing date! :)

Suglo and margarita25 like this.
  9. sloane7777

sloane7777 Well-Known Member

I think this is great , the drug abuse is usually stemmed out of hopelessness , poverty and just plain stress and being overwhelmed , I do agree that there are just plain "party people" but 9 times out of 10 its to initially escape your situation ...and then it blooms

10. sloane7777

oh gotcha !

11. groovygrl

groovygrl Member

I'd like to respectfully disagree. Drug and alcohol abuse is in all levels of the economic strata. Poor people just have few resources to either overcome it or hide it. Look at the "affluenza" case. Those people had money but obviously had chemical dependency issues from way back.

In my experience with the mental health system in California and Nevada, the multi generational incidences of mental illness can spawn substance abuse issues that can never be properly dealt with because they go hand in hand. I had to fight to get adequate mental health help (not just meds and warehousing) for loved ones and while not wealthy I have health insurance, a fairly (debatable, I know) sound mind and a good job. Think of how hard it is for people who are having mental health issues and don't have someone who can and are willing to fight for them because their "support system" has mental health issues of their own and can't or won't. This HAS to change if we want these issues to go away. Maybe we need to treat therapists, social workers and the like as super heroes like we do firefighters and policemen so little children will want to be them when they grow up. Because I know, finding someone who takes my insurance, is taking new patients and is actually good is impossible. I pay out of pocket.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box. I don't think a new law will fix that aspect. I think we need a profound society shift before mental health care will be adequately addressed and I don't see that as happening any time soon.

12. margarita25

cybervampira likes this.
  13. sloane7777

No I totally agree with you , but it seems the majority of meth related murder is due to economic stresses I mean seriously if you have a Nanny or babysitter or whatever that you can afford while you do your drugs the kids don't tend to get on your nerves and you dont get all murdery ,also there is a reason they call meth " the poor mans Cocaine " that was kinda my train of thought ...

14. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

It's true. Many celebs die of overdoses but their kids don't get killed....

15. sloane7777

but again usually not Meth which is a whole different animal , in fact has there been a high profile meth death that we know of , I mean celebrity or person of higher means?

FlossyMay and cybervampira like this.
  16. Charliegizmo49

Most times media fails to identify the drug. And meth is a cheap fix.

sloane7777 likes this.
  17. Charliegizmo49

Does anyone have an update in court appearances re this human depravity? Just asking brings nausea. I still can’t understand what was in the minds and heart for these two women to think so little or nothing for an infant. Death by burning should have the death penalty attached.

I understand it is a cumbersome and expensive prosecution. I understand it’s a very trying emotional experience for everyone associated in any way. But the plan these two apparently had together is simply put a bankrupt, morally wrong effort to put even the basic decent human traits aside to further themselves.

I visit here very sporadically because the entire case is so extremely distasteful.

It will be difficult to find a jury who will be able to sit through it let alone decide innocence or guilt. I couldn’t do it and until reading this I thought I could do anything.

GarAndTeed, Minou, Amonet and 7 others like this.
  18. Gmills6377

Gmills6377 Member

NATCHITOCHES PARISH, LA (KSLA) - A grand jury has indicted a Natchitoches woman in connection with the burning death of an infant.
    Felicia Marie-Nicole Smith, 26, now is formally charged with one count of first-degree murder.

The panel pretermitted, or took no immediate action, in the case against the 6-month-old child’s mother.

"Pretermitting of a charge often occurs when the grand jury requests more evidence in a case to proceed, but allows the investigation to continue,” Natchitoches Parish District Attorney Billy Joe Harrington said.

Hanna Nicole Barker, 23, of Natchitoches, is being held on one count each of criminal conspiracy and principal to first-degree murder.

"These cases are still under investigation. ... As additional evidence is obtained and presented, we will proceed accordingly,” the district attorney said.

Both cases are being investigated by the Natchitoches Police Department and the Louisiana fire marshal’s office.

ayanna, GarAndTeed, Amonet and 7 others like this.
  19. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Here's the link:
    Woman indicted over burning death of infant
    Also Woman indicted on murder charge in burned baby case

A gag order has been issued so we may not hear much more for a while.

GarAndTeed, Amonet, Niner and 5 others like this.
  20. 2Hope4

2Hope4 Well-Known Member

Gag order to protect those responsible for his death... Levi didn't get the same rights awarded to him. No, he screamed, but try as he might, he couldn't save his life. I can't even think of a defense. NOTHING. I usually can see the mental illness, the drug use, the generational neglect, etc, etc, in so many of the cases... but I've got NOTHING here. Burning ANYONE alive....but your own baby?!?!?!