LA LA - Lillian Culbert Williams, 42, Grambling, Lincoln Parish, 1967/1968

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Lillian Culbert Williams[/h]
  • lillian_culbert_williams_1.jpg
  • lillian_culbert_williams_2.jpg
Williams, circa 1967

• Missing Since 01/01/1967
  • Missing From Lincoln Parish, Louisiana
  • Classification Missing
  • Date of Birth 06/25/1925 (92)
  • Age 41 - 43 years old
  • Height and Weight Unknown
  • Distinguishing Characteristics African-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.

[h=3]Details of Disappearance[/h] Williams was last seen at her residence at Grambling University in Lincoln Parish, Louisiana sometime in 1967 or 1968. She has never been heard from again. Very little information is available in her case.

http://charleyproject.org/case/lillian-culbert-williams

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3841dfla.html

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/26050/

I found a FindaGrave for a Lillian Williams , born 1925 died 2017 and buried 30 odd miles away in Macedonia Baptist Cemetery, an African American cemetery. She is the only one that actually matches the information although the birthdate is New Years Day, which makes me think that whoever buried her might have not known her real birthday. What is intriguing is that the cemetery is in Lincoln Parish, where she lived. She just has a cemetery supplied metal marker with a paper insert, not a stone.
191310517_1531366324.jpg

Link includes huge pics of Lillian C. W.
Jan 16 2021
Cold Case: Lillian Culbert Williams
''Back in the 60’s, my grandmother Ms. Lillian Culbert, disappeared. She left behind two boys whom the youngest is my father. My grandmother went back to college and was living on campus at the time. She was supposed to come home that weekend but never did.''

''If you have any information on the disappearance or whereabouts of Lillian Culbert Williams, please contact the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318)251–5111.''

I found a FindaGrave for a Lillian Williams , born 1925 died 2017 and buried 30 odd miles away in Macedonia Baptist Cemetery, an African American cemetery. She is the only one that actually matches the information although the birthdate is New Years Day, which makes me think that whoever buried her might have not known her real birthday. What is intriguing is that the cemetery is in Lincoln Parish, where she lived. She just has a cemetery supplied metal marker with a paper insert, not a stone.
191310517_1531366324.jpg
Oh wow you found her! But I am confused her family is still looking for her do they not know about the grave?

Oh wow you found her! But I am confused her family is still looking for her do they not know about the grave?
Perhaps the family was fractured in the past and contact was lost? Perhaps my Lillian isn't the same Lillian which would be quite the coincidence.

191310517_1531366324.jpg

it’s so odd that her Doenetwork was added on Sept 2017 and she passed away on Nov 2017

3841DFLA - Lillian Culbert Williams

Maybe after 50 years of her being missing, her family decided to create a memorial for her.

It's not the same Lillian Williams. The headstone belongs to Lillian Peevy Williams. Also, the picture of the cemetery provided marker was taken within a year of her passing, so there's a very good chance that the actual headstone hadn't been placed yet.

Not unusual at all having two Lillian Williams born in the same area in the same year. Lillian was a popular name in the 1920's and Williams is in the top 10 for most common last names.

Link includes huge pics of Lillian C. W.
Jan 16 2021
Cold Case: Lillian Culbert Williams
''Back in the 60’s, my grandmother Ms. Lillian Culbert, disappeared. She left behind two boys whom the youngest is my father. My grandmother went back to college and was living on campus at the time. She was supposed to come home that weekend but never did.''

''If you have any information on the disappearance or whereabouts of Lillian Culbert Williams, please contact the Lincoln Parish Sheriff’s Office at (318)251–5111.''
Anyone able to find a copy of this now deleted article?

Aug 6, 2022

<<*Updated May 2023* I received an unexpected update about Lillian Williams from a young lady named Tikiera, Lillian’s great-granddaughter. Her grandfather is Lillian’s son. According to Tikiera, she didn’t know much about Ms. Lillian. However, she writes to OurBlackGirls (shared with permission):

“She vanished before I was born, but my family has always speculated that her boyfriend during the time had something to do with it. He was [abusive] and soon after my great-grandmother was reported missing, her boyfriend soon disappeared after too. Thank you for shedding light on her case>> My grandpa has never forgotten his mom and he has this exact same picture hanging in his living room in the center of the wall.>>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back