UNSOLVED LA - Living Wht Male, 25-35, hitchhiking, possibly from KCK, Aug'18

The KCKPD responded to my FB post on their site. As of today, 9/7 @ 7pm EST, no family has been identified. The individual in question is still unidentified. They stated they are working with Louisiana state authorities. That's the latest.

The KCKPD responded to my FB post on their site. As of today, 9/7 @ 7pm EST, no family has been identified. The individual in question is still unidentified. They stated they are working with Louisiana state authorities. That's the latest.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully they are looking at other states. He only is in LA because a couple realized he probably shouldn't have been hitchhiking and didn't seem to know where he was from or where he was going. I think he was trying to get to Texas.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Hopefully they are looking at other states. He only is in LA because a couple realized he probably shouldn't have been hitchhiking and didn't seem to know where he was from or where he was going. I think he was trying to get to Texas.
I will figure out who the local news station is and post on their site as well asking for an update and more exposure. Will do the same on the KCK news site. Off for a run (with taser* ) ; ) Will post to sites upon return.

*Result of recent jogger cases like Ally Brueger, Vanessa Marcotte, and Mollie Tibbetts. Sad, but necessary.

Haven't figured out multi-quote in our new home here.

Re: nose, possibly broken. What I see, jmho ymmv, looking at the nose & teeth is a person who was a thumbsucker, with a finger hooked over the nose. Sleep in the same position every single night, the bones grow fitting that pattern.

Re: airline idiocy. I can sign Signing Exact English and can recognize American Sign Language and can read & respond to ASL, in a very limited way. (That in itself is a looooong story.) Once at an airport counter, I realized that the next clerk over was getting louder & louder with a customer -- who was signing politely. I stepped over & signed "hello" to the other customer, then told the clerk that she needed an ASL interpreter -- while signing that to the other customer. The clerk cheerfully said, "No, she just needs to tell me where she's going today!" I repeated that an ASL interpreter was needed. The clerk said, "Well, you just explain that she needs to talk to me instead of you." Fortunately, another clerk had noticed what was going on, stepped over, and asked "What kind of interpreter are you looking for?" I thanked him, and the other customer, and left for my flight. No idea what happened otherwise. This was in the early '90's, hopefully wouldn't happen today?

I can't get my head around this guy standing 6 and a half feet tall and apparently no one recognizes him!!!

Haven't figured out multi-quote in our new home here.

Re: nose, possibly broken. What I see, jmho ymmv, looking at the nose & teeth is a person who was a thumbsucker, with a finger hooked over the nose. Sleep in the same position every single night, the bones grow fitting that pattern.

Re: airline idiocy. I can sign Signing Exact English and can recognize American Sign Language and can read & respond to ASL, in a very limited way. (That in itself is a looooong story.) Once at an airport counter, I realized that the next clerk over was getting louder & louder with a customer -- who was signing politely. I stepped over & signed "hello" to the other customer, then told the clerk that she needed an ASL interpreter -- while signing that to the other customer. The clerk cheerfully said, "No, she just needs to tell me where she's going today!" I repeated that an ASL interpreter was needed. The clerk said, "Well, you just explain that she needs to talk to me instead of you." Fortunately, another clerk had noticed what was going on, stepped over, and asked "What kind of interpreter are you looking for?" I thanked him, and the other customer, and left for my flight. No idea what happened otherwise. This was in the early '90's, hopefully wouldn't happen today?

I can't get my head around this guy standing 6 and a half feet tall and apparently no one recognizes him!!!

That's a could call on the nose and teeth. His height and the fact that he possibly has autism makes me wonder if he is from KCK. He would stand out in a crowd.

That's a could call on the nose and teeth. His height and the fact that he possibly has autism makes me wonder if he is from KCK. He would stand out in a crowd.
Unless he was carefully kept in an enclaved community. A reservation, or group home, or something like that. Ranch? Some place that had safe boundaries. He seems gentle and happy from what we have been exposed to. That is a hopeful sign of good care.

Unless he was carefully kept in an enclaved community. A reservation, or group home, or something like that. Ranch? Some place that had safe boundaries. He seems gentle and happy from what we have been exposed to. That is a hopeful sign of good care.

Could he have been homeschooled? His comments on religion made me think that. I messaged a person in charge of an autism support group on facebook and they said they said they would post his info and spread it around.

I wonder if this could be Elvis Rosado:
NY - NY - Elvis Rosado, 18, developmentally disabled, Highbridge, Bronx, 18 Dec 2017

There is no height listed and the photo shown is the only photo I can find of Elvis-- it may be an old one. Their noses don't match for me but if he broke it after leaving home that might explain the difference. I'm not super confident of the similarities, but if anyone thinks it could be a match please send it in (I'm only posting here, thanks).

NY - NY - Elvis Rosado, 18, developmentally disabled, Highbridge, Bronx, 18 Dec 2017

There is no height listed and the photo shown is the only photo I can find of Elvis-- it may be an old one. Their noses don't match for me but if he broke it after leaving home that might explain the difference. I'm not super confident of the similarities, but if anyone thinks it could be a match please send it in (I'm only posting here, thanks).

The coloring is spot-on, and thanks so much for finding a possible match, Gardner1850!

I think his ears don’t match.

Such a sad story!

At this point hopefully his new found caretakers can start making some decisions about his future. Are they willing to continue to be instrumental in his care? Has he or can he be tested for his current educational and developmental levels so as to how to proceed in his future. At some point it becomes less and less about his past and more and more about his future, IMO.

This could be a blessing for this young man! SO many times people in his situation are simply warehoused and their conditions just accepted. Quite possibly with fresh eyes, attitudes and maybe new horizons he can thrive.

JMO's

At this point hopefully his new found caretakers can start making some decisions about his future. Are they willing to continue to be instrumental in his care? Has he or can he be tested for his current educational and developmental levels so as to how to proceed in his future. At some point it becomes less and less about his past and more and more about his future, IMO.

This could be a blessing for this young man! SO many times people in his situation are simply warehoused and their conditions just accepted. Quite possibly with fresh eyes, attitudes and maybe new horizons he can thrive.

JMO's
This fellow was in good shape and appeared well taken care of. His toys and candy indicate love and care. It’s imperative we find his loved one(s) before other placements are explored. I have a feeling his caretaker may have fallen ill, and for all we know there are many loving relatives who would assist. All speculation.

A few years ago there was a group home that lost funding or something along those lines and they just kicked everyone out on the street from what I recall. It took a while to locate and rehome the individuals. Maybe something similar happened to our hitchhiker. Not every agency catering to special needs is on the up and up.

It's also possible that he bought the toys and candy himself if he had been given any money along the way.

The way these States have cut funding for many in care facilities and "clients" as they are called it is hard to tell what may have happened in his past. I suppose I am a little jaded because of the case in Fulton MO and because my step brother spent his whole adult life as an administrator at the Fulton State Mental Hospital.

According to him in most cases relatives with disabilities are just abandoned to facilities and never look back. In cases where the State provides money to care for them, they keep them only as long as the checks keep coming. Once the child becomes an adult or becomes barely "functional" the State stops paying.

JMO

This fellow was in good shape and appeared well taken care of. His toys and candy indicate love and care. It’s imperative we find his loved one(s) before other placements are explored. I have a feeling his caretaker may have fallen ill, and for all we know there are many loving relatives who would assist. All speculation.

There are independent living programs. I know several people in my building are in a program. A guy with autism or he is on the spectrum, explained it to me. He lives alone he has a social worker check up on him occasionally, some people require more assistance than others. His family also lives in the area. But he is supposed to be as independent as possible. I don't know if this is a rule or just him but he says he visits his parents they don't come to his place. That makes sense because parents might want to clean or make sure you are eating and send you back to child mode (That can happen to anyone lol) that would defeat the purpose.
I also had a friend that was a caseworker for those in independent/assisted living situations. Some people had roommates. My friend was not cut out for it. He started thinking could he could have the same disorders (like if you webmd a cold and decide it's cancer). He was responsible and did his job. He wasn't as compassionate as he could have been. And even though his major in college went along with social work, he wasn't trained for a job that involved mental disorders or illness. You hear about social or caseworkers that are overwhelmed with their caseload and sometimes cut corners and miss home visits with families to make sure children aren't being abused. I wonder if something like that could have happened and possibly his family doesn't know he is missing.

Sorry for the rant. He seems to be cared for. Abuse was mentioned in one news story. I wondered if that was ever confirmed by doctors.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back