LA - Shooting Leaves Five Dead, Livingston & Ascension Parishes, Jan 2019 *Guilty*

Dakota Theriot: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

Dakota Theriot, 21, is being hunted by police in Louisiana after five people were shot dead across two parishes on January 26. The incidents occurred in the Livingston and Ascension parishes of the state. Ascension is 25 miles southwest of Baton Rouge, while Livingston is 35 miles east of the state capital. The killings all took place before 10 a.m., police said.

Speaking to the media, Ascension Parish Sheriff Bobby Webre said, “This is probably one of the worst domestic violence incidents I’ve seen in quite: for a young man to walk into a bedroom and kill his mother and his father and then kill friends in Livingston that he had a connection with.”

At the time of writing, Theriot is still at large.

Here’s what you need to know:

[...]

There were other children in the house at the time that he didn't harm wasn't there? So it would seem targeted at her and parents... Maybe the parents agreed collectively they shouldn't see each other or something like that as surely he didn't just wake up and feel like murdering 5 people!!

Hope they catch him soon...

Gunman, 21, ‘killed parents, girlfriend and her family in shooting spree’
A motive in the killings has not been revealed, but local papers reported that Theriot was recently kicked out of his parents’ home following a series of heated rows.

Neighbour Michael Logan said he had heard arguing and "yelling matches" coming from the home.
Crystal DeYoung, Billy Ernest's sister, told AP she believes Theriot had just started dating her niece, Summer Ernest.

"My family met him last weekend at a birthday party and didn't get good vibes from him," DeYoung said.
more...

What we know about Dakota Theriot: Man accused of fatally shooting 5 had contentious living situation

"Charlenne Bordelon, a neighbor to the Enests, said the family was friendly and good neighbors, but she did not know much about Theriot, who had moved in with the family a few weeks ago.

Theriot has a prior arrest on his record from April 2017 in St. Charles Parish for marijuana possession and fleeing authorities. Officials reported that Theriot sped away from deputies during a a traffic stop where he was asked to step out of his vehicle..."

more...

BBM

It seems he killed his dad and step mom. I've not heard anything about his birth mom though. I also see he only recently moved back in. I wonder where he was before that.
Do you have a link? I've only seen that he killed his parents. Neither is id'd as a stepparent. Also, I haven't seen anywhere that he moved back in with his parents. TY!

From what I've seen, DT was initially at the Ernest home. After shooting them, he stole their pickup and drove to his parents' home where he shot them.

What we know about Dakota Theriot: Man accused of fatally shooting 5 had contentious living situation

Theriot is suspected of shooting and killing his girlfriend, 20-year-old Summer Ernest, her father Billy Ernest, 43, and her brother Tanner Ernest, 17, at their mobile home in the 14600 block of Courtney Road just outside of Walker in Livingston Parish just before 9 a.m., according to neighbors and authorities.

Shortly after, he drove 25 miles south to Ascension Parish where he shot his parents, Elizabeth and Keith Theriot, both 50, at their home in the 42000 block of Churchpoint Road in Gonzales.

Anyone here from LA or MS? Do you have digital highway signs with alerts there, so that others driving around can be on the lookout? I wonder what his MS connection is.
bbm
Yeah, what's the deal with MS? It's a long way to go with one vehicle -- gas -- food -- somewhere to pull of the road to sleep, etc.

Can’t believe he’d make it far. Let’s see.

I agree -- unless he steals & exchanges car license tags, or steals a different vehicle. It's possible, but he would probably have to travel back roads -- if he knows them.
SMH - He's in a heap of trouble.

I wouldn’t be completely surprised if he has already taken his own life.

If that hasn’t happened, I think it’s likely he will do it when confronted by police.

I definitely don’t see him surrendering peacefully.

I am thinking he was in jail until he recently got out, perhaps had it out with his parents, he was kicked out running to his GF house to live with her. Her father did not approve and he went off the deep end

Anyone here from LA or MS? Do you have digital highway signs with alerts there, so that others driving around can be on the lookout? I wonder what his MS connection is.
Gonzalez and Walker are about an hour from the state line-and quicker if he’s familiar with the highway and back roads. It’s very, very rural.

Do you have a link? I've only seen that he killed his parents. Neither is id'd as a stepparent. Also, I haven't seen anywhere that he moved back in with his parents. TY!

From what I've seen, DT was initially at the Ernest home. After shooting them, he stole their pickup and drove to his parents' home where he shot them.

Theriot is suspected of shooting and killing his girlfriend, 20-year-old Summer Ernest, her father Billy Ernest, 43, and her brother Tanner Ernest, 17, at their mobile home in the 14600 block of Courtney Road just outside of Walker in Livingston Parish just before 9 a.m., according to neighbors and authorities.

Shortly after, he drove 25 miles south to Ascension Parish where he shot his parents, Elizabeth and Keith Theriot, both 50, at their home in the 42000 block of Churchpoint Road in Gonzales.

Deputies searching for man in five killings across two parishes

This Baton Rouge news outlet says dad and stepmom and has pics of them.

Webre said that the suspect had lived with his parents for a time, but recently they had asked him to move out and not return. The sheriff did not know any background information about the young man's relationship with his parents.

The Bordelons, the neighbors of the Ernest family, told The Advocate that Theriot was the boyfriend of the Ernests' older daughter and had recently moved in with them. They told the newspaper that they did not know Theriot.

Police hunt for man accused of killing his parents and three others

WBRZ was first to report the shocking attack: Theriot is accused of killing his girlfriend, along with her brother and her father at their home north of Walker. Then, police believe he shot and killed his father and step-mother in Ascension Parish all before 10 a.m. Saturday.

Deputies searching for man in five killings across two parishes

Crystal DeYoung, Billy Ernest’s sister, said in an interview with the Associated Press that she believes Theriot had just begun to date her niece.

“My family met him last weekend at a birthday party and didn’t get good vibes from him,” DeYoung told the AP. She said she wasn’t sure how her niece and Theriot met, but that she believed the relationship was relatively new.

Eta I didn’t get good vibes looking at his pic & I never met him.

This is just devastating. I will never understand why murderers like this do the horrific things they do.

Why kill his parents, and yes, it doesnt matter if one was his step mother, she was his parent, period. A dead parent who is now dead through no fault of her own along with her husband.

It seems he is like so many others who always misplaces blame on innocent others rather than admitting most likely the entire situations he found himself were largely his OWN FAULT!

Ugh they just can't accept blame for any of their own actions and wrongdoings. Such self centered individuals.

Now he has taken 5 innocent lives for what? They weren't his enemies..he WAS!!!!

Prayers for all of the families involved.

I hope they catch him soon and pray all police officers remain safe.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back