LA - LSU student, Allison Rice, shot to death in car while waiting at RR Crossing, Baton Rouge

justwannahelp

Reaction score
'I heard the train, then I heard the shots:' LSU student found shot to death in car at Gov't St. railroad crossing

LSU senior shot killed in her car on Government Street

She was leaving a popular mid-city bar. (I’m a local.) Motive and killer unknown. The violence in and around LSU/Baton Rouge is becoming out of control. Attempted kidnappings at the honors’ dorm. Shootings in dorm parking lots. Shootings around the college bars’ parking lots. Gangs EVERYWHERE. I could go on and on and on…And now this! And don’t get me started on the carjackings in New Orleans.

LSU student identified as victim of deadly shooting near downtown BR

Killing of LSU student Allison Rice leaves family, friends in shock: 'You can never get over that' | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

'I heard the train, then I heard the shots:' LSU student found shot to death in car at Gov't St. railroad crossing

She was leaving a popular mid-city bar. (I’m a local.) Motive and killer unknown. The violence in and around LSU/Baton Rouge is becoming out of control. Attempted kidnappings at the honors’ dorm. Shootings in dorm parking lots. Shootings around the college bars’ parking lots. Gangs EVERYWHERE. I could go on and on and on…And now this! And don’t get me started on the carjackings in New Orleans.

I have to disagree with the person interviewed in the last article posted. Yes government street can be a SOMEWHAT dangerous area. But it’s like every mid city area. She was heading towards downtown. But downtown is hopping right now too. Both govt street and downtown have been been recently “revitalized”. Govt st in particular has lots of restaurants and shopping and bars. There’s a brewery, a coffee shop, a radio bar, an adult gaming place (bowling, arcade, etc), new bike paths etc etc etc. It’s not somewhere you’d expect to be killed in your car! There are million dollars homes right off govt street. There are lots of other way more dangerous areas in Baton Rouge. Government Street is “hopping” right now. All the way from college students to young professionals to late 40 something’s to hip retired empty nesters. It’s kind of the place to be right now in Baton Rouge. The “foodies” love it.

The Government Street redesign wraps up this summer, so check out the new spots along the corridor - [225]

LSU student found dead inside car near downtown Baton Rouge

WBRZ - Sep 16, 2022

Doug Warner KSLA

LSU STUDENT FATALLY SHOT: Baton Rouge authorities say 21 year old Allison Rice was found dead behind the wheel of her car that was riddled with bullet holes. Police believe she was sitting in traffic, perhaps waiting on a passing train, when someone opened fire on her car. This was just blocks from downtown Baton Rouge, not far from the I-10/I-110 interchange. She was a marketing major, graduating from Duchtown HS in 2019. She had been out with friends prior to the shooting.

https://www.wafb.com/.../lsu-student-identified-victim.../

May be an image of 1 person and standing

What a senseless tragedy!! Was she targeted by someone she interacted with earlier? I wonder where she and her friends were prior to the shooting?

A commenter on this article said this is the 74th homicide in 2022 :(

Investigators added that prior to the shooting, Rice had been with friends at an establishment in the Mid City area of Baton Rouge. Rice was a senior at LSU majoring in marketing.

Usually at the stop there are lights so I imagine it wasn't dark. Did the perp shoot from where they couldn't be seen. Was she the only car at the crossing since it was 2AM? The perp may have taken advantage of the fact that they can't be seen and thus detected??? I hpe I'm wrong but maybe not.

"Allison Rice, 21, of Geismar, was found inside her car around 2.30am on Friday on Government Street near railroad tracks. Her car reportedly had six bullet holes in it.

Rice had reportedly been out with friends prior to the shooting and got stuck behind a train only a few miles away from campus when she attempted to make a U-turn and someone started shooting, according to WWLTV.

A Government Street resident said the gunshots were muffled by the passing trains, but he was still awoken by the violent sound around 2.15am.

Rice's death is the 74th this year in the East Baton Rouge Parish, according to The Advocate.

According to the FBI, Baton Rouge has one of the highest homicide rates in Louisiana. New Orleans holds the number one spot."

For LSU, Rice’s death, which occurred off of the university’s campus, also marks the latest in a string of violent incidents involving students.

On August 19, a student was shot during a robbery attempt while walking near the university’s West Laville Hall, resulting in the arrest of a 19-year-old man on counts of attempted armed robbery and attempted first-degree murder.

Less than a week later, the campus was rocked again by reports of two separate kidnapping attempts, one on Aug. 24 and the other the following day, when police said a man tried to kidnap someone near Acadian Hall after the victim ordered food from a delivery service.

Killing of LSU student Allison Rice leaves family, friends in shock: 'You can never get over that'

This one has found me scratching my head. Multiple shots - I heard 4 or 5. That's a lot of fire power. moo Poor lady. RIP Allison Was the shooter in a vehicle or what?
A dear friend is a recent grad student from LSU. While there, his friend from a wealthy area up North was falsely arrested for the ra** word. Cost a pile of money. Heavily traumatized the innocent. The real perp was later arrested but the damage was done to our buddy.

Doug Warner KSLA

LSU STUDENT FATALLY SHOT: Baton Rouge authorities say 21 year old Allison Rice was found dead behind the wheel of her car that was riddled with bullet holes. Police believe she was sitting in traffic, perhaps waiting on a passing train, when someone opened fire on her car. This was just blocks from downtown Baton Rouge, not far from the I-10/I-110 interchange. She was a marketing major, graduating from Duchtown HS in 2019. She had been out with friends prior to the shooting.

https://www.wafb.com/.../lsu-student-identified-victim.../

May be an image of 1 person and standing

What a senseless tragedy!! Was she targeted by someone she interacted with earlier? I wonder where she and her friends were prior to the shooting?

A commenter on this article said this is the 74th homicide in 2022 :(

Baton Rouge has a population of about 225,000, so 74 homicides in such a small city is extremely alarming! By comparison, Toronto, with a population of about 3,000,000, has had 47 homicides.

Seems like a "gang initiation" type of shooting to me, semi-random as in someone knew when the train goes through and that it is loud enough to somewhat conceal gunshots. I expect they laid in wait and Allison was just unfortunate enough to get stopped there with no other cars.

LSU student identified as victim of deadly shooting near downtown BR

Killing of LSU student Allison Rice leaves family, friends in shock: 'You can never get over that' | Crime/Police | theadvocate.com

I have to disagree with the person interviewed in the last article posted. Yes government street can be a SOMEWHAT dangerous area. But it’s like every mid city area. She was heading towards downtown. But downtown is hopping right now too. Both govt street and downtown have been been recently “revitalized”. Govt st in particular has lots of restaurants and shopping and bars. There’s a brewery, a coffee shop, a radio bar, an adult gaming place (bowling, arcade, etc), new bike paths etc etc etc. It’s not somewhere you’d expect to be killed in your car! There are million dollars homes right off govt street. There are lots of other way more dangerous areas in Baton Rouge. Government Street is “hopping” right now. All the way from college students to young professionals to late 40 something’s to hip retired empty nesters. It’s kind of the place to be right now in Baton Rouge. The “foodies” love it.

The Government Street redesign wraps up this summer, so check out the new spots along the corridor - [225]
Does anyone ever expect to be killed in their car? As far as million dollar houses a few blocks away, they won't continue to be worth a million dollars unless their owners start exerting their influence to clean up.

Laws and enforcement rules for them are written and established by the state aren’t they?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back