LA - Madison Brooks, 19, LSU Student Was Allegedly Raped Before She Was Fatally Struck by Car, Jan 2023 *4 Men Arrested*

steeltowngirl

Reaction score

Madison Brooks, 19, was a "bubbly, loving and selfless friend," her sorority sisters wrote on Instagram​

By KC Baker

Published on January 24, 2023 04:08 PM

Madison Brooks

At the bond hearing, 19th Judicial District Judge Brad Myers said that he had watched a video filmed by one of the four suspects inside the car with Brooks.

The judge said that the video shows the suspects “callously” laughing at the drunk 19-year-old woman as she slurred her words, reported local outlet WAFB.

He also reviewed footage taken from Reggie’s Bar which showed Brooks falling over and struggling to stand in front of at least one of the suspects before they left the bar together. Her blood alcohol level was four times the legal limit at the time of her death and her autopsy shows injuries from a sexual assault, according to an arrest warrant.

The judge concluded that – based on the two videos and statements made by Mr Carver to investigators – he said it was clear that a crime had occurred that fateful night.

“The evidence to me is clear,” he said.

Predators. They picked up a drunken 19 year old girl, gang raped her and left her on the side of the road, helpless. Now, she is dead.

They could have chosen any number of options, but they chose this one. LWOP.

Her sorority sisters say that Madie was a hero -

"...Madie donated her heart and kidneys to save others."

District Attorney's Office is looking at upgrading the charges from third-degree rape to first-degree rape and the statute for first-degree rape in LA carries a mandatory life sentence without possibility of parole.

At the bond hearing, 19th Judicial District Judge Brad Myers said that he had watched a video filmed by one of the four suspects inside the car with Brooks.

The judge said that the video shows the suspects “callously” laughing at the drunk 19-year-old woman as she slurred her words, reported local outlet WAFB.

He also reviewed footage taken from Reggie’s Bar which showed Brooks falling over and struggling to stand in front of at least one of the suspects before they left the bar together. Her blood alcohol level was four times the legal limit at the time of her death and her autopsy shows injuries from a sexual assault, according to an arrest warrant.

The judge concluded that – based on the two videos and statements made by Mr Carver to investigators – he said it was clear that a crime had occurred that fateful night.

“The evidence to me is clear,” he said.

I'm so glad to read this. <modsnip: no source link for information/article>

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing that 100% prevents rape is men not raping anyone. A woman may be naked and drunk and passed out in the street and if men do not rape her, she will wake up the next morning with a bad headache and that's it.

I'm so glad to read this. <modsnip: no source link for information/article>
Carver will probably strike a deal and testify against the 17 year old and 17-year old's 28 year old Uncle. It sickens me that Madi left the bar alone without any of her sorority sisters or some sort of buddy system in place. I do wonder how the bar owner could let his drunk employee leave in the state she was in.

Madison Brooks, 19, was a "bubbly, loving and selfless friend," her sorority sisters wrote on Instagram​

By KC Baker

Published on January 24, 2023 04:08 PM

Madison Brooks

I was in a sorority and yes, there were times I and my sorority sisters got hammered at dive bars. To me, it's unacceptable that there was not some sort of sorority buddy system/support in place. This girl should not have left the bar alone. I cannot imagine being in her place. If Carver cooperates with police and tells the truth, I do believe Carver should get a reduced conviction. I do feel 17 year old should be charged as an adult and that 28 year old Uncle should get the maximum penalty possible. My heart goes out to Madi's family.

I was in a sorority and yes, there were times I and my sorority sisters got hammered at dive bars. To me, it's unacceptable that there was not some sort of sorority buddy system/support in place. This girl should not have left the bar alone. I cannot imagine being in her place. If Carver cooperates with police and tells the truth, I do believe Carver should get a reduced conviction. I do feel 17 year old should be charged as an adult and that 28 year old Uncle should get the maximum penalty possible. My heart goes out to Madi's family.

I think the 28 year old is the uncle of the 18 year old who raped MB in the back seat of the car, along with the 17 year old who has not been identified, since he is a minor.

The 28 year old uncle was in the front seat while Carver was driving, IIRC. And both the 28 year old uncle and Carver are both charged with principal to third-degree rape.

If the 28 year old is related as uncle to the 18 year old who is charged with third-degree rape, then the question is will the uncle testify against his nephew. He may do so, like Carver, if the prosecution upgrades the uncles's and Carver's charges to principal to first-degree rape, or possibly for other reasons.

<modsnip - quoted post was removed>
There is only one direction to point the blame, and that is squarely at the perpetrators, NOT the victim. It doesn’t matter how drunk she was, someone that drunk can never consent to sex, full stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4