GUILTY LA - Melinda Denny, 26, St Tammany Parish, 22 Feb 2014 *Arrest*

After looking at her FB profiles IMO she went through a life change recently. Her older pictures look kind of homely and her new pictures well she looks totally different. On this profile https://www.facebook.com/melinda.denny.3 I get the impression that she is either working in a bar or maybe a strip club. I say this because of her comment "Come see me" There is also a note on there where she talks about getting robbed and having guns. I can't see that kind of behavior in her older pics and profiles. It just makes me think she had transformed herself recently.

Yes, I think she has "broken out" following marrying and having kids young. A friend on FB has said she's a mother of 4 under 10.. I can believe that she is trying to work out who she is now.

Unfortunately I don't think she is with us any longer. I don't know if they have any way of tracking the route from where they were last seen to where the vehicle was recovered. JN being "incoherent", along with whatever the evidence they found in the vehicle, doesn't give much scope for hope.

1798356_785703094791760_1420239875_n.jpg

I just passed the winn Dixie they were last seen together and stpo is searching the woods next to it.

The police are in several different wooded areas on both sides of the I 12. This simply doesn't feel good and IMHO you are spot on, Wolf. Praying for Melinda, her children and her family.

This is not going to end well.
I wonder if he was trying to facilitate a "suicide by cop" deal.

I just passed the winn Dixie they were last seen together and stpo is searching the woods next to it.

The police are in several different wooded areas on both sides of the I 12. This simply doesn't feel good and IMHO you are spot on, Wolf. Praying for Melinda, her children and her family.

I hope that means JN has said something, even babbling, that will help LE find Melinda quickly.

Whereabouts would they be on a map?

This is winn Dixie address. I don't know how to do maps. 70431 hwy 21 covington la. The interstate runs right below winndixie.

13029 hwy 190 covington la. 70433 is the address of gas station police took him from after he was holding gun to his head. Winn Dixie was last place she was seen I believe. Moo

13029 hwy 190 covington la. 70433 is the address of gas station police took him from after he was holding gun to his head. Winn Dixie was last place she was seen I believe. Moo

The gas station is located in Madisonville. Off of HWY 1077. It's called "Quickway" I believe. News reports say Goodbee but the location is Madisonville. The gas station is directly off the interstate at the "Goodbee/Madisonville" exit

70380 HWY 1077 is the proper address for the gas station

I grew up in New Orleans, but lived on the Northshore (Slidell) for a bit, I worked in Covington, and went to college in Hammond before transferring to UCLA. Where about in Covington/Madisonville is this? I Imagine things are far different than they were when I lived there 10 years ago.

What gets me, for those not from this area, google "Jack Strain" who is our sheriff. You will see there is a lot of investigations going in now within our sheriff dept.. A lot of corruption...

Dang! Jack Strain is STILL the sheriff? Hopefully she's found very soon. Safe and sound.

I grew up in New Orleans, but lived on the Northshore (Slidell) for a bit, I worked in Covington, and went to college in Hammond before transferring to UCLA. Where about in Covington/Madisonville is this? I Imagine things are far different than they were when I lived there 10 years ago.

If you haven't been around the area since Katrina, you would never recognize it, Andi! The Winn Dixie is on hwy 21 (between the interstate and bootlegger rd) heading north going into Covington (if it's been ten yrs since you've seen the area, imagine it built next to the McDonald's off the interstate). The gas station is fairly new (within the last yr I believe) on the next exit on I-12 heading west towards Hammond. The "Goodbee/Madisonville" exit. Take a left and go over the overpass and the gas station is immediately on your left.
Ten yrs ago, all this was nothing but woods....

The gas station is located in Madisonville. Off of HWY 1077. It's called "Quickway" I believe. News reports say Goodbee but the location is Madisonville. The gas station is directly off the interstate at the "Goodbee/Madisonville" exit

You are so right.... I miss read the news wrong thought it said goodbee quikstop. Thank for the correction!

[modsnip]

He isn't faking the crazy. Apparently he is severely bipolar and hasn't been on meds because of not being able to get psych treatment. I think something horrible happened to Melinda and I just hope LE finds her. jmo

Just reading this and I don't think this is going to end well at all. Terribly sad :(

Dang! Jack Strain is STILL the sheriff? Hopefully she's found very soon. Safe and sound.

Yeah, it is really crooked in St Tammany or St Slammany as it is known because they are known for bogus arrests and crooked law enforcement and sending people to the slammer. I lived there off and on throughout my life. I've never been in trouble with the law but I'm paranoid of the cops there. i have heard too many bad things.

I hope this poor girl is found soon. I'm glad to know that LE is out looking for her and taking this seriously.

Boyfriend of missing Mobile woman is booked in St. Tammany
Tuesday, 25 February 2014
By Faimon A. Roberts III, The Advocate

As the search for a missing Mobile woman stretched into its second day, St. Tammany Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies booked her boyfriend, Jonathan Nall, on counts of terrorizing and resisting arrest after his Saturday standoff with deputies at a gas station near Madisonville.
Louisiana deputies narrow search area for missing Mobile woman, boyfriend faces unrelated charges
By Theresa Seiger
on February 25, 2014 at 5:58 PM, updated February 25, 2014 at 6:08 PM

14359056-large.jpg

34-year-old Jonathon Nall

On Monday, deputies used a helicopter to search the area near Interstate 12 and Louisiana Highway 21 in hopes of finding 26-year-old Melinda Denny. She was last seen with her boyfriend hours before he threatened to commit suicide during a standoff with deputies.

Apparently unsuccessful, deputies used K-9 and search and rescue teams throughout wooded area on a road which connects two highways near I-12 on Tuesday morning. Deputies said they had focused their search along the I-12 corridor in western St. Tammany.

Poor mom.

Mother of Ala. man involved in standoff, missing woman case speaks
wwltv.com
Posted on February 25, 2014 at 5:56 PM Updated today at 6:00 PM
Ashley Rodrigue / Eyewitness News

Nall's mother, Becky, said seeing her son act this way is “heartwrenching." It's heartbreaking," she said. "I don’t want this last episode of his life to define who Jon Nall was."

Her phone conversation with him Friday night caused concern. He said, ‘They are coming, we have to get out of there. They're coming after us,’ basically saying they were coming to execute them," he said.
Nall’s mother doesn’t know the ‘they’ her son was referring to.

"When people see him and they think he's this sorry, lowlife monster, I see him and I see my child," she said.

“Melinda's family is in our hearts and in our prayers,” she said, “As hard as it’s been for us, for them not knowing where their child is has got to be horrible.”

The search area has been expanded to Brewster Road.

https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid...a=0&ll=30.43121,-90.152607&spn=0.0484,0.09819

This whole situation is terribly sad and I have a bad feeling about it. Has anyone heard if they are conducting volunteer searches at this point? I'm not too far and would love to help. Is her family in the area or still is AL? As horrible as this is, it doesn't seem to be getting too much media attention. I'd be willing to help (search efforts, distributing flyers, just whatever is needed) if someone can point me in the right direction.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back