GUILTY LA - Melinda Denny, 26, St Tammany Parish, 22 Feb 2014 *Arrest*

Kajun, the rain is still pouring down and supposed to be clear by this afternoon. I just checked with a friend and one of the search locations yesterday has no LE there right now. If the STPPD asks for search help, I believe this community will come out and assist.

From last night's Jane Velez-Mitchell:

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Cops say 34-year-old Jonathan Nall held a gun to his head and threatened to commit suicide at a Louisiana gas station. After two grueling hours, these officers -- and I applaud them for their courage -- were able to take Jonathan into protective custody. But his stunning girlfriend is nowhere to be found. And obviously that is a crisis.

26-year-old Melinda Denny, seen here in Facebook photos, last seen early Saturday morning. She was with this boyfriend who had a meltdown at the time. Fast forward ten hours later. Jonathan is alone, threatening to kill himself. What happened during the time they were last seen and the time that this meltdown occurred?

Straight out to the "Lion`s Den". I want to go to Marc Klaas, founder of Klaas Kids Foundation. And I hope you can use some of the skills that you have in locating missing children to give us insight into what may have happened to this young woman.

He has a gun, the boyfriend. His mother tells our affiliate that he`s bipolar and hadn`t been able to get treatment. We see in the cellphone video he`s ranting about the U.S. government. Others said he was ranting about aliens also being part of the problem. Here he is. This is a very dangerous set of circumstances, Marc.

KLAAS: Well, sure, it is. I mean this is a man with a very serious mental illness, who is not getting treatment, does not have his medications. And therefore, can easily move into a propensity for violence. He`s going to have to be contained somehow and brought back into coherence before they`ll be able to find this girl.

Now that having been said, the authorities in Louisiana are taking this very, very seriously. And the sheriff`s search and rescue teams are out there diligently looking for this young girl. But I`m afraid he holds the key and they need to bring him back to get to the truth.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1402/25/ijvm.01.html

I live here in st. Tammany parish.... I can tell you it's all over my facebook feeds that the police are everywhere looking for her. Everyone is talking about her and looking as they go through there regular daily routine. It the sheriff ask for the public to help .... people would flock out in hundreds. Like someone said up thread in st. Tammany when you go to jail here its gonna be a long stay. We are a great community. I lost my best friend to murder and he sits on death row in angola. I'm glad in louisiana we have the DP!

I want to be clear I'm not knocking law enforcement at all. I'm proud to be from here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Only stating that I can be in St Tammany parish is 45 minutes, and I wouldn't have known anything about this case if not for following the Hailey Owens case here on websleuths..
I'm glad there is immediate local coverage. I think the public is the greatest resource in this kind of case. The more vigilant "boots on the ground" the better.
I helped post flyers in other local cases was simply saying I'm more than willing to help if there's a need. Her family isn't local and I wasn't sure if they had the means to get the info out there to the public by posting flyers and to social media and such. Simply wanting to help.
Sorry if anyone took offense.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

A few things I find curious - One is they reportedly had no money or gas. Two, the officer who checked on them did not find any bullets for the gun (I suppose they could have hidden them really well?). Did mom send them some money/wire it? Is there anywhere nearby to purchase ammo?

If you haven't been around the area since Katrina, you would never recognize it, Andi! The Winn Dixie is on hwy 21 (between the interstate and bootlegger rd) heading north going into Covington (if it's been ten yrs since you've seen the area, imagine it built next to the McDonald's off the interstate). The gas station is fairly new (within the last yr I believe) on the next exit on I-12 heading west towards Hammond. The "Goodbee/Madisonville" exit. Take a left and go over the overpass and the gas station is immediately on your left.
Ten yrs ago, all this was nothing but woods....

I visit Louisiana twice a year, but I mostly stay in NOLA and Slidell visiting friends and family. I can't tell you the last time I was in Covington. I don't even remember a Goodbee exit. Is it between Abita Springs and Madisonville?

He isn't faking the crazy. Apparently he is severely bipolar and hasn't been on meds because of not being able to get psych treatment. I think something horrible happened to Melinda and I just hope LE finds her. jmo

Do you have a link for this?

A few things I find curious - One is they reportedly had no money or gas. Two, the officer who checked on them did not find any bullets for the gun (I suppose they could have hidden them really well?). Did mom send them some money/wire it? Is there anywhere nearby to purchase ammo?

Unfortunately There is a Academy sports store in walking distance from Winn Dixie where they were when they found the gun and no ammo.

I want to be clear I'm not knocking law enforcement at all. I'm proud to be from here and wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Only stating that I can be in St Tammany parish is 45 minutes, and I wouldn't have known anything about this case if not for following the Hailey Owens case here on websleuths..
I'm glad there is immediate local coverage. I think the public is the greatest resource in this kind of case. The more vigilant "boots on the ground" the better.
I helped post flyers in other local cases was simply saying I'm more than willing to help if there's a need. Her family isn't local and I wasn't sure if they had the means to get the info out there to the public by posting flyers and to social media and such. Simply wanting to help.
Sorry if anyone took offense.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

I hope I didn't offended you... didn't mean too. I thought you were asking if it was well known around town and I was just saying yes. But then again... I just had a friend post on her wall asking why the cops are all over madisonville... so I guess some do know and some dont. If I hear of any asking of help from public I will for sure post it asap. It's people like you KajunBelle that step up to help that help solve these kinds of cases! Thank you for all you do and your great post!

I'm in mandeville at work... I'm not far from interstate and there is helicopters flying up and down. I hope it's search crews for Melinda! I hope they find her safe and soon... it's cold, wet and windy!

Do you have a link for this?

http://theadvocate.com/csp/mediapoo...ates/FullStoryPrint.csp?cid=8476554&preview=y

This article references where his mother states he is bipolar and she wan punted him committed. And this is the article it was referring to.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/local/Mot...doff-missing-woman-case-speaks-247156741.html

Having two family members myself who are bipolar, I know that when they don't take their meds or they add drugs and alcohol with bipolar meds, what she described is what happens. I have seen it with both of them.

[modsnip]

He isn't faking the crazy. Apparently he is severely bipolar and hasn't been on meds because of not being able to get psych treatment. I think something horrible happened to Melinda and I just hope LE finds her. jmo

Do you have a link for this please?

Salem

I'm in mandeville at work... I'm not far from interstate and there is helicopters flying up and down. I hope it's search crews for Melinda! I hope they find her safe and soon... it's cold, wet and windy!
It's very nasty and cold out there today, even over here on the south shore.

According to the report last night, they were going to resume searching this morning. Hope we hear good news soon.

"Those search efforts are expected to resume in the morning. They expanded their coverage area to Brewster Road, between Highways 21 and 1077, on Tuesday."

http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshor...doff-missing-woman-case-speaks-247156741.html

Video clip of the standoff with Nall, and brief interview with the deputy on the scene.Still no sign of Melinda :(

Deputy involved in start of NS weekend standoff speaks

wwltv.com
Posted on February 26, 2014 at 6:40 PM Updated today at 6:41 PM
Ashley Rodrigue / Eyewitness News

Authorities are asking for any information about where the couple may have gone before Nall’s standoff. Call the Sheriff’s Office at 985-809-8200 with any tips.

(Bump)

Anyone have any news? I can't find anything new.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back