Discussion in 'Mickey Shunick General Discussion Threads' started by imamaze, Jun 11, 2012.
Please continue here...
Thank you for joining Websleuths!
It is wonderful to see so many new members (many locals!) interested in helping locate Mickey. Your dedication is appreciated.
Please remember the following when discussing the Mickey Shunick case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.
Our rules can be reviewed here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]Link to the Rules Forum[/ame] (PLEASE make sure you know the rules!)
Michaela (Mickey) Shunick
Missing from Lafayette LA -- 19 May 2012
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173744"]Thread #5 [/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173849"]Thread #7 [/ame]
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174010"]Thread #11 [/ame]
• [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173725"]Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette; 19 May 2012 * Timeline & Media Links ONLY *[/ame]
• [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7982648&postcount=4"]BayouBecky's videos[/ame] of Mickey's possible routes homeward
• KATC Twitter feed
• Website: Find Mickey Now
• Lafayette Police Department updates
• Facebook link: Find Mickey Shunick Now
• If you find and post new info here on the discussion thread, please also post that link on the Time Line & Media Links *
• When new names - people, locations - enter the picture, please post them on this link's #tags, thanks.
• Please do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
• Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
Locals/Insiders - queenofcorona and chicken fried
Verified PI: A.C.I.
A few additional reminders:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.
For a few days in a row, there have been numerous TOS violations on this case. While it may seem harmless to some, we are getting dozens of complaints from other members who want to discuss this case constructively. From now on, there will be more time outs issued to those who repeatedly choose to ignore our guidelines.
Here are just some of the problems that occur over and over:
* Baiting /Trolling / Inciting Conflict: There are times when a member violates our rules by trying to upset other members. Please use your ALERT feature when this happens and DO NOT RESPOND TO THE POSTS. When a moderator is able to deal with the problem, it takes a LOT less time when he/she doesn't have to also deal with all the responses to the offense. Plus, it makes the one who initially started the conflict keep on going.
* Inviting/Baiting: This is when someone says they have information they can't share on the forum. Then someone else asks for them to PM the information. It's like be at a party and whispering secrets to each other and is not allowed here. If you have something private to share, then send a private message and don't announce it on the public thread.
* Dreams/Visions: WS doesn't condone dreams and visions and psychic information. There are plenty of sites out there on the WWW that do, but we are not one of them. We have not found that information to be helpful in solving cases.
* Announcing alerts: Don't announce that you are alerting. Just do your part and make the alert and move on.
* Sleuthing guidelines: We dont permit any posts discussing the sleuthing of non-players. Considering there have been no suspects or POIs named to date, that means pretty much no one is permitted to be sleuthed, except Mickey, This is done to protect the innocent. Think about it suppose your son (or daughter) gave your next door neighbor a ride to the grocery store, dropped them off with the understanding that they had a ride home. That neighbor disappears and is now missing. Do you want hundreds of people sleuthing your background? Knowing where you live, work, your kids names, ages, where they go to school? Would you like every skeleton in your closet to be shaken and posted on a public forum for the world to see? It is not right and not fair to innocent people. Most of these people are only a friend or acquaintance by sheer circumstance. They do not deserve the public scrutiny. It is completely understandable for Law Enforcement to take this approach. However, after their investigation, if they find no basis for suspicion and clear these people, they dont make their records public either. Simply put, it just aint cool to do and we dont do it here at Websleuths.
* Sleuthing other members: It doesn't matter what they are doing here, we do NOT sleuth other members. Anonymity is taken very seriously on Websleuths. If this continues, a member could lose their posting privileges permanently
* Derogatory Name Changes to Case Players/General Name Calling: is not allowed here.
* Off-Topic Posts: Off-Topic posts are subject to editing or removal at administrative discretion, and without notification. Members that continuously post off topic may have their posting privileges suspended. This thread is for discussion of locating Mickey Shunick.
* Verified Posters, Insiders & Locals:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106653"]See this Link to the Verified Posters: Professionals and Insiders.[/ame]
We dont verify every local who follows any case. You are welcome to post photos & maps of the area, post your knowledge about specific areas (e.g., directions, locations, weather conditions, etc..) so we can all have a better understanding. What you cannot do is post information relayed to you by another person (e.g., I went on a volunteer search last week & another person I met told me blah blah blah <insert rumor of your choice> and she said she got it from a co-worker of Mickeys sister. That is RUMOR and we do not participate in any rumor chasing events here.
An insider is usually someone with direct knowledge. Often a family member or a close friend. Those we do verify. Keep in mind no one is obligated to become verified; we completely respect and understand those who choose not to do so. All we ask is that you not post inside information claiming it as fact.
That all said, we are very careful when verifying members. However, we cannot endorse the content of their posts nor assert as to the truth of what is being stated. It is up to the reader to decide that for themselves. Were simply letting you know that an Administrator or Owner has spoken with this person, gathered data to investigate that they are who they say they are. We do this to protect the integrity of the information posted here.
None of these rules are new and a more detailed explanation of them can be found here:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7825556#post7825556"] LINK -Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Everyone is now being held responsible for knowing the rules.
Please know that Moderators are here to help. We realize it takes a bit to learn the WS policies. We've all been there ourselves. At the bottom of the Missing Forum homepage you will see a list of "Forum Leaders". Please feel free to contact the moderator of your choice with any questions you may have. We will be happy to help you learn the ropes around here!
Have you read the two previous posts?
If not, read them now.
By posting on this thread,
you are stating you know the rules!
So just to try and clarify things, as I have been busy the past several days, whatever happened with the kid from BB, who supposedly had pending DUI case? Is he cleared or is that still a possibility?
LE said he was questioned and cleared
There are 5
Hey did you find out which direction on Bertrand??
When I was in college, I had a job working for PI's. They would investigate DUI cases leading to accidents and fatalities. This is the one case that will remain forever imprinted in my mind: A very intoxicated semi-truck driver ran over a motorcyclist on the freeway. The motorcyclist got pinned under the truck and was dragged for miles underneath with his motorcycle. The truck driver parked in his driveway with this fatally injured man still pinned underneath. The truck driver went into his house and took a shower, claiming to have been unaware of anything that happened. And yes, there were blood and flesh trails on the highway.
Never forget that case. However, I have forgotten other details over the years.
Just, to let people know, it does happen.
The PI's went to the bars this truck driver went to to interview people.
The difference here is that it happened on a fast-paced highway, where sound and sight would be muffled by the expanse of the truck and the velocity it was traveling.
Don't know if this could happen with a pickup truck and a bicyclist without being noticed.
...let alone not leaving so much as a single shred of biological or material evidence anywhere along her presumed path.
Maybe LE was practicing to be ready in the event they did find the VOI!
Yes, I said in my post above, that there were blood and flesh trails. Still remember typing up that report and being in shock while doing so.
There was a trial on Courttv (I think) years ago where the drunk driver hit someone and drove all the way home and parked in their garage with the pedestrian, who went through the windshield. They said had the person called 911 or taken them to a hospital, they would've lived. Because they just went inside their house like nothing happened, the person bled to death.
Nothing on the scanner. Must've been on the private channel
Going through websleuths index, I noticed that Tanya Lynn Thibodeaux and Lexy Jones, 2 Lafayette teenagers are missing. They are listed as endangered runaways. What is the likelihood that these girls are part of a pattern with Mickey? Lexy disappeared on March 30th and Tanya disappeared on April 21. Mickey disappeared on May 19th.Mickey looks quite a bit younger than 21.
I don't know just wondering if something even scarier could be going on but hoping that it isn't.
That's what I figured. If it was connected to the case, I would think they would have not wanted every amateur sleuth with access to a scanner to know what was going on.
Is there a link that says the young man was cleared? I know he was questioned, but did not see where LE said he was cleared, thanks.
JUST CAUGHT UP ON EVERYTHING FROM THE LAST THREAD AND I AM LITERALLY ON THE EDGE OF MY SEAT ABOUT THIS WHITE TRUCK/LE CARAVAN...
(I probably look absolutely insane at work, but my heart is racing for Mickey's sake!)
And with as quiet as things have been, if it turns out to be nothing or never was anything, it may never be acknowledged.
How long would it take to process a vehicle? That may give us some idea of when we could expect to hear something.
emailed KATC tipline about the possible towing today.
Separate names with a comma.