LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was shocked to see the reaction Ms abduction got. Like oops I slipped and picked off one that people made a bigger deal over than the other 8.....

Or else this PERP has some serious experience and is getting bolder. and might target upper level women more. scary...

A.C.I. Has the jennings killer really been found or is he on the loose?

I'm not ACI, but nope, no killer has been found. There is even some doubt as to whether one murderer, eight murderers or a number somewhere in between exist.

We have a Jennings murder forum here on WS, some info there.

I think he was shocked to see the reaction Ms abduction got. Like oops I slipped and picked off one that people made a bigger deal over than the other 8.....

Or else this PERP has some serious experience and is getting bolder. and might target upper level women more. scary...

The biggest arguments against this would be that Mickey would be a completely different type of victim, the murders occurred in different areas, and the eight women murdered in Jennings were all recovered....bodies were left out in plain sight in some cases, in ditches or along roadsides.

The biggest arguments against this would be that Mickey would be a completely different type of victim, the murders occurred in different areas, and the eight women murdered in Jennings were all recovered....bodies were left out in plain sight in some cases, in ditches or along roadsides.
So Maybe one of the Jennings PRPS (many people I assume) got brave and went out on his own?

Shelly, I don't think it's the same person. The Jennings 8 are totally different people than MS -- I don't think there's any sort of connection at all.

I'm sorry for posting three times in a row.

I don't know how to quote from the previous closed thread, but I wanted to answer a couple of things I saw over there.

#1. The truck in the driveway in Kenner is not "identical" to the VOI. It is not white, it is not a Chevy Z71, the door handles are different, just to name a couple of the more obvious differences.

#2. We were told in the very first interview with Brettly that Mickey's seat was NOT the standard seat that came with her bike. She has a BLACK seat, so anyone who is seeing a gold, glittery seat in the road under the truck is seeing (loose term here!) something totally unrelated to this case.

#3. Chevy Z71's have stickers on BOTH SIDES OF THE REAR PANELS.

#4. LE is not making public statements about this case right now. THAT DOES NOT MEAN they aren't working the case! Whoever posted on the last thread that they wished there was a lead detective in charge of the case, how do you know there is not one?

#5. ACI, I hate to say this! But if all your calls are going to voice mail, it may be that Mr. Abdella is using caller ID to screen his calls. I know of someone else who made a call yesterday, and he immediately picked up! (Sorry, friend!)

I know the truck comment is directed at me (the Kenner truck) & I'm just relaying info my hubby (after watching the video) who has been in LE for over 35 stated "it looks just like it in my opinion, since the pics released by Lafayette pd are very grain." I own a silver car & when photo'd in the dark using a video cam, it shows up white & not silver. I do agree that there are stickers on the LE pic released but you cannot see it in both shots. All of the Chevy Z71 series that have been seen in my area are all farm truck & duallies. I Have o sy this too, I called Mr. A last Sat about the truck towed from my area (on a "flat bed" tow truck, not a regular tow truck) & he was at that place of biz it was retrieved from (I saw him w/my own two eyes on Mon & asked the owner of the biz, was that who I thought it was & it was yes) so I guess the fact that I gave my name, hubby's name, which LE agency he's with (BTW he knew hubby, so he took the call as legit) & all phone numbers we could be reached at. This case has gotten completely off the focus...FIND MICKEY! The nit-picking & "alien theories" are getting absurd. How can anything be taken seriously especially if it comes from, "I heard this on such & such website". Bouncing theories & ideas of where MS is located has long been deserted...it analyzing crappy pic, distorting them, seeing Elvis in turquoise jumpsuits, beating a dead horse!!! This thread became nearly 20+ threads on DWT only...what happened to MS? It's gotten so ridiculous that if something does seem "par for the course" it's immediately posted here w/o verifying then that turns into page after page of jibber-jabber! FYI: if the interstate is shut down its due to a wreck...not to shoot a movie...movies are shot all over the state everyday (there are 4 movie studios in LA w/a 5th one being build...I do movie make up so I always know where they shoot...most pursuits will be done green screen). The truck is only a VOI...the police are too busy w/this & other crimes to chase EVERY little rumor. They have their dept. problems they are dealing with, same as any dept in LA.

"The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street." http://www.lafayettela.gov/Police/Press_Releases.asp?PR_Id=4677

Thanks Lindsay. From your link, the pic of the DWT in the turn lane isnt included. And it says the DWT with the bedcover has been cleared. So at least from that linked site, it's not clear if the two DWTs in the LCG photos in front of Circle K are the same nor do we know if the DWT in the turn lane has been cleared (if it is different).

From your link:

******************************************************************************************* UPDATE IX: Two Vehicles of Interest Ruled Out
********************************************************************************************** Original Release: May 30, 2012 @ 11:00 am
Lafayette, LA – Lafayette Police have identified the operators and occupants of both the older model 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover, which were captured on surveillance video. Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z-71 pickup truck. The investigation remains ongoing.*

******************************************************************************* UPDATE V: Additional Vehicles Sought in Search for Mickey
******************************************************************************************* Original Release: May 26, 2012 @ 5:30 pm
Lafayette, LA – Detectives have provided an updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest and the pictures of two additional vehicles that were in the area during the same time frame when Mickey Shunick was last captured on surveillance footage. The first truck (Picture1) drove from the area that Mickey had traveled. It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows. The second truck (Picture2) is a white 4 door Chevrolet Z71 that traveled in the same direction of Mickey on St. Landry Street. The third vehicle (Pictures 3 &4) is an 80’s or 90’s 4 door vehicle with body work on the rear right quarter panel. Detectives are interested in locating the vehicles and speaking with the occupants to obtain further information on the case.
Anyone with information is encouraged to call the tips line at 337-291-8633.

We are beginning to forget such basic facts as this! I'm off to re-read the timeline and news articles, and re-watch the videos.

Exactly. It's frustrating not hearing anything new, but they did give us some basic facts and we can't just toss those out the window.

Is no news good or bad news with these types of cases? I'm a newbie here so don't squash me! Maybe the LE are staying tight lipped just in case? 2 major kidnapping/murders so close together... what is happening?!?

I know the truck comment is directed at me (the Kenner truck) & I'm just relaying info my hubby (after watching the video) who has been in LE for over 35 stated "it looks just like it in my opinion, since the pics released by Lafayette pd are very grain." I own a silver car & when photo'd in the dark using a video cam, it shows up white & not silver. I do agree that there are stickers on the LE pic released but you cannot see it in both shots. All of the Chevy Z71 series that have been seen in my area are all farm truck & duallies. I Have o sy this too, I called Mr. A last Sat about the truck towed from my area (on a "flat bed" tow truck, not a regular tow truck) & he was at that place of biz it was retrieved from (I saw him w/my own two eyes on Mon & asked the owner of the biz, was that who I thought it was & it was yes) so I guess the fact that I gave my name, hubby's name, which LE agency he's with (BTW he knew hubby, so he took the call as legit) & all phone numbers we could be reached at. This case has gotten completely off the focus...FIND MICKEY! The nit-picking & "alien theories" are getting absurd. How can anything be taken seriously especially if it comes from, "I heard this on such & such website". Bouncing theories & ideas of where MS is located has long been deserted...it analyzing crappy pic, distorting them, seeing Elvis in turquoise jumpsuits, beating a dead horse!!! This thread became nearly 20+ threads on DWT only...what happened to MS? It's gotten so ridiculous that if something does seem "par for the course" it's immediately posted here w/o verifying then that turns into page after page of jibber-jabber! FYI: if the interstate is shut down its due to a wreck...not to shoot a movie...movies are shot all over the state everyday (there are 4 movie studios in LA w/a 5th one being build...I do movie make up so I always know where they shoot...most pursuits will be done green screen). The truck is only a VOI...the police are too busy w/this & other crimes to chase EVERY little rumor. They have their dept. problems they are dealing with, same as any dept in LA.

Nope, I did not aim my comment at you. My comment was directly aimed at the readers of this forum, as an FYI. Someone did use the term "identical" when comparing the Speaks truck to the truck in front of the Circle K. Don't know who said it, don't even think it is important who said it. I do think it is important to point out that the trucks are NOT identical, however. There are numerous differences in the trucks, and I did not want the forum to fly off on another tangent!

I'm glad that your experience with Mr. Abdella was that he answered your call.....that is the same experience my friend had.

I'm sorry for posting three times in a row.

I don't know how to quote from the previous closed thread, but I wanted to answer a couple of things I saw over there.

#1. The truck in the driveway in Kenner is not "identical" to the VOI. It is not white, it is not a Chevy Z71, the door handles are different, just to name a couple of the more obvious differences.

#2. We were told in the very first interview with Brettly that Mickey's seat was NOT the standard seat that came with her bike. She has a BLACK seat, so anyone who is seeing a gold, glittery seat in the road under the truck is seeing (loose term here!) something totally unrelated to this case.

#3. Chevy Z71's have stickers on BOTH SIDES OF THE REAR PANELS.

#4. LE is not making public statements about this case right now. THAT DOES NOT MEAN they aren't working the case! Whoever posted on the last thread that they wished there was a lead detective in charge of the case, how do you know there is not one?

#5. ACI, I hate to say this! But if all your calls are going to voice mail, it may be that Mr. Abdella is using caller ID to screen his calls. I know of someone else who made a call yesterday, and he immediately picked up! (Sorry, friend!)

I've seen many posters reference the fact that Z71s have stickers on both sides. Just want to point out that it doesn't automatically mean it's not a Z71 or THE truck, etc. simply because it doesn't have a sticker on one side. The truck could have very easily been in an accident at some time in the past, requiring the rear quarter panel to have been replaced... happens all the time.

I'm not at all saying this automatically means it's the same truck that's going in the opposite direction. Just saying that you can't exclude it from being so just because it doesn't have a sticker on that side.

MOO, etc.

You need to write a book, or better yet, an anonymous website... hmm, I would pay my monthly fee to read your scoop!

From what I can tell from your posts, you might have a bit to contribute to that site, as well. I'm usually quite frugal, but my perpetual curiosity would likely have me submitting a monthly fee, especially for a collaborative effort

Have to drop some humor...watch your toes...What is MS was just sucked up by aliens looking o make a fleet of blonde haired, blue eyed fem bots to do evil biding & seduction?...JMHO & humor (badly needed now)

If you mean the white thing in the windshield, I think it looks like an EZPass.

Someone in the last thread posted this and it made me wonder because i just got a ticket in the mail from the geauxpass. Could that be what it is, I didn't look to see what they were talking about b/c I don't even want to get involved with the insanity that is the analyzing of these low quality screen captures of pictures. But if indeed there is something that looks like an ezpass could it be a geauxpass? I don't know what they look like.

If you're not from the area there is a bridge at the end of LA 1 which is a toll bridge and it my understanding that anyone that uses it more than a handful of times should get the geauxpass (like a yearly pass or something, i don't have it hence the ticket). This is significant b/c at the end of the bridge is port fouchon which is a major port hub for the offshore petrol-chemical business, and also Grand Isle which is a major hub of sport fishing, inshore fishing and off shore fishing hugely popular with almost all outdoors men anywhere near south louisiana. Maybe this could trim down the list of possibles a little.

lastly and I know i shouldn't say this but i can't help myself, to those saying you can see mickey and her bike under the truck in that picture ...... really? .... C'Mon man ..... :banghead:

Someone in the last thread posted this and it made me wonder because i just got a ticket in the mail from the geauxpass. Could that be what it is, I didn't look to see what they were talking about b/c I don't even want to get involved with the insanity that is the analyzing of these low quality screen captures of pictures. But if indeed there is something that looks like an ezpass could it be a geauxpass? I don't know what they look like.

If you're not from the area there is a bridge at the end of LA 1 which is a toll bridge and it my understanding that anyone that uses it more than a handful of times should get the geauxpass (like a yearly pass or something, i don't have it hence the ticket). This is significant b/c at the end of the bridge is port fouchon which is a major port hub for the offshore petrol-chemical business, and also Grand Isle which is a major hub of sport fishing, inshore fishing and off shore fishing hugely popular with almost all outdoors men anywhere near south louisiana. Maybe this could trim down the list of possibles a little.

lastly and I know i shouldn't say this but i can't help myself, to those saying you can see mickey and her bike under the truck in that picture ...... really? .... C'Mon man ..... :banghead:

I know what you speak of in re: to GeauxPass...all over TX there are toll roads that are set up, if you don't have the EZPass you stop & pay & the booth. If you're passing thru they waive the fee but if you travel it on a regular basis you have to get these or you get a tix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks