LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it would help to know the time of the LCG photos because we don't know if the photo of the DWT in the turn lane was taken before or after the DWT and MS photos.

We could figure out the time if they released the LCG photo of the car in the turn lane because there is a time stamp on the Univ photo. If the we saw the LCG photo of the car we could see if there are 2 or 3 cars at Circle K. Then we'd know what time those cars were at Circle K by the time stamp on the Univ car photo.

There are 3 cars at the Circle K in the DWT turn lane photo and 2in the MS and the following DWT photos.

I'm still at a loss as to why LE has withheld photos important to this case. The only possible reason is because the additional photos show markings on the vehicle which LE doesn't want to give away. But considering the seemingly dead end the investigation is at, it would seem wise to release all photos and videos.

But then that would make too much sense.

All of those girls were connected; lemme clear that up, many of the girls had the same "baby daddy" or "baby daddy" was bf/pimp to girls. Since the new Sheriff is coming in & a LARGE change has been made & being made, the cleaning up & clearing out of the "crooked"...I feel this case is goons bust wide open w/in a year. MS (IMO) ain't a "baby daddy" victim & doesn't fit the profile of the other girls...not friends w/these girls which no connection. And if I can say this, most of those girls & that group I don't see them fixing to graduate from college (hooker school but not college, especially anthropology...they probably think that is something to do with the study of "I'm sorry", most of those girls were h.s. drop out, had no real jobs) sorry if that was ugly, I just wanted to clear it up that MS doesn't fit this group. Please keep focused on where she could be & stop grasping @ any & everything in the area pertaining to crimes. Whoever is this is probably watching this forum & laughing. Especially after seeing this (it's doesn't fit JD8) & if it did she would have been found by now, lying in the middle of a road nude (how most of the girls were found)

Post is heartbreaking to read. I have read several post in this thread regarding the Jennings women and some have been very degrading. I would assume that some of the Jennings 8 friends/family are reading this site. I believe respect for all victims should be top priority when comparing victims.

While I'm aware that there are some who think the Jennings murders aren't related, I think it's possible. Particularly when you include a couple of other murdered/ missing women in the Lake Charles, Alexandria, and Houma areas, along with reported missing in South Louisiana. I think that the fact that the Jennings women knew each other is secondary to the fact that they were easy targets who hung out in a remote area and in a vulnerable state. I would think that in a drug related killing, the women wouldn't be found nude- just found shot. I think that the spacings in murders point to someone who isn't always in the area- Possible Oilfield? There's also been a few bodies of women found nude in Houston that could possibly be linked.

Four corners in Lafayette, the intersection of University and Cameron St. in Lafayette, is a known area for drug/Prostitution activity. It's not that far from St. Landry, and if you're looking for a easy target- a woman on a bike at 2am is one.

Below is information on the Jennings victims, 1 from Moss Bluff (near Lake Charles), and 1 from Houma. There's also a few disappearances in the Alexandria/Pineville area that could possibly be related. I've included that information below. There is also a woman reported missing from Crowley, LA yesterday- Christina Spence. Crowley is between Jennings and Lafayette. There's a Find Christina Spence page that was put up on Facebook.

There are also a few missing teenagers listed as Runaways that I haven't included. I do think it's possible we have a serial killer in the South Louisiana area- thoughts?

Jennings, LA May 17, 2005 -.Loretta Lynn Chaisson is last seen. Her body is found in the Grand Marais drainage canal three miles west of La. 26, just off La. 1126 three days later. No official cause of death is ever

Jennings, LA June 18, 2005- Ernestine Marie Daniel Patterson - Ernestine was the first black victim and the first whose cause of death is known and has been released. Her body was found just six miles from where Loretta's had been left less than a month earlier in a drainage canal off of La Hwy 122, southeast of Jennings. Her death is later ruled as a homicide by a slit throat.

Jennings, LA March 8, 2007 - Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez -- The 21 year-old was missing for ten days before her body was found in the Petitjean Canal, just off of La Hwy 99 and 10 miles south of the town of Welsh. Cause of death has not been determined and/or released.

Jennings, LA May 12, 2007 -Whitnei Charlene Dubois -- Mother of a 5 year-old daughter, 26 year-old Whitnei was found, nude, on a lonely gravel road just three miles southeast of Jennings; near the secluded intersection of Bobby and Earl Duhon roads on May 12, 2007. She was the first victim to be left on a rural road rather than in a canal. A cause of death has not been given, nor has much else been released about what happened to Whitnei. Her sisters, Brittany and Taylor, search the Internet - and occasionally post online - in their desperate search for answers.

Jennings, LA: May 28, 2008- LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown - Known as "Muggy" to family and friends, 23 year-old LaConia Brown was last seen by her grandmother. Only hours later, a city police officer stumbled upon her body - nude and doused in bleach - in the middle of a gravel road on the city/parish border that led to a known police shooting range. Her body, found on May 28, 2008, was located two miles south of where her best friend, Brittany Gary's, body would later be found.

Jennings, LA: September 11, 2008 -Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, is found - Crystal's body was so badly decomposed by the time it was found it would be two months before the young woman could be identified. The 24 year-old had been left in a dry canal a couple of miles southeast of Jennings. Her cause of death is either undetermined or unreleased.

Jennings, LA November 15, 2008 - Brittany Ann Gary - The 17 year-old was described by her mother, Teresa Gary, as "a quiet but goofy girl who was easy to talk to and could get along with anyone". The Gary family had "left to find a new life" in Texas and had stayed with relatives in Lufkin and Houston. Whatever they were looking for they must not have found, for they returned to Jennings, Louisiana less than a week before Brittany went missing. Brittany - who knew the other victims - was "scared" and, as she told her mother, mistrustful of people she might once have considered friends. A walking trip to a local Family Dollar Store on November 2 to purchase minutes for her cell phone was the last anyone heard from Brittany. Her body was found November 15, 2008

Jennings, LA August 19, 2009 - Necole Guillory, the body of Necole Jean Guillory, 27, of Jennings was found this past Wednesday, August 19th on an embankment of the westbound lane of the I-10 Egan Exit.

Moss Bluff, LA Nov. 23 2009- Sierra Bouzigard Moss Bluff (Lake Charles) LA – Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's detectives continue to investigate the death of 19-year-old Sierra Bouzigard. Her body was discovered the morning of November 29, 2009 on the side of John Koonce Road. No arrests/ No Suspects.

Houma, LA February 23, 2010 - Merrell Stewart, Houma Louisiana- 26-year-old Merell Stewart, was found in a swamp off U.S. 90 near Chacahoula in February 2010. Merell, who served in the Air Force and was in nursing school, was missing for several days prior to the discovery. A coroner's investigation later revealed she died of asphyxiation. To date, nobody has been arrested for her death. http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20120223/ARTICLES/120229829
August 27, 2009 – Brijet White Johnson- Winnfield, LA- Asia Brijet White Johnson, 21, of Winnfield has been missing since April 2012. She is black, 5'2" and weighs approximately 200 pounds. She was last seen at 2 a.m. on April 4 by her grandmother who said she was leaving the house for work.

Jan 11, 2010 - Dorothy Eyvonne Rossier 26 – Pineville, LA- Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier vanished without a trace on January 11, 2010. She went by her middle name Eyvonne. Eyvonne's purse and belongings were found by police at her step-father's home in Pineville, LA, where Eyvonne was residing.

Oct. 30, 2010 – Tina Marie Garza McDaniel – 37 - Ponchatoula- ~, borrowed her sister’s car on Oct. 30, saying she was going to a party in Prairieville. She was last seen driving a 2006 white Honda Civic in the Ponchatoula area around Highway 22 East,

Mar 11, 2011 - Victoria Perez – Alexandria, LA- Victoria was last seen walking on Interstate 49 at the Woodworth exit on March 11th. The day before she was seen at the Rapides Regional Medical Center. After the appointment, Victoria called the Van Transportation Company to pick her up and bring her home. The Van was delayed and by the time they got there, Victoria was gone

It's unfair and inaccurate to portray all the Jennings victims as being hookers or wanna be hookers. Their common thread seems to be that they were had alcohol and or drugs in their system and seemed to run in the same circles. Also, while their social circle and occupations are relevant in attempting connections, their lives were certainly no less as important as MS's and their deaths no less tragic.

no serial murders. Drug dealers, their henchmen, cop assistance....

Lots involved IMO

Go read the Jennings threads when you get a chance. Very disturbing case with tons of interesting facts. I've followed it for a long time

I know it took them three years to check up on a lead. Made me very suspicious (admittedly, it doesn't take much) as to whether they were really looking for info or someone to pin. They were invited to question the elderly owner of a VOI in his city of residence. They declined but tried like hell to get him to be brought to their jurisdiction for questionning. His wife was going to comply and bring him. Thank goodness his daughter could see the writing on that wall.

Silence by LE in a missing person investigation can have several meanings. Prolly too many to list, but here is a few: (feel free to add any more to the list)

* Investigation has hit a wall due to lack of evidence/info/tips/suspect/s (stranger abduction/most difficult to solve)

* Investigators are building a case against an unnamed suspect or POI

* Awaiting forensic & other test results which can take weeks or months

* Awaiting FBI CODIS dna match of suspect(many times dna of suspect is not in the system for various reasons)

I just waded through the last six or seven pages of the previous thread.

I am absolutely horrified about the doctored pictures of the truck, in which so many are seeing not only a driver, but a passenger, AND a cracked windshield.

NONE of those things are visible in the photo released by LE. NOT EVEN ONE OF THEM.

I do not know who is responsible for doctoring the picture, but I do know that we are all responsible for going along with it if we don't challenge such things when they happen. I don't know if the person who doctored the picture did it truly trying to help, or if they are deliberately muddying the water. But I do know that if we choose to wade in the muddy water, we are perpetuating a fraud, even if it was good intentions that led to it.

PLEASE ASK YOURSELF: How can I possibly see a blue/teal shirt in a black and white photo?

It is so obvious when comparing the doctored photo to that of LE that substantial things have been done to change the photo.....and I am not talking about just changing contrast and blowing the photo up, either.

WE ARE HERE TO HELP FIND MICKEY. It does not help in any way to change a photo so much that we can now "clearly" see things that aren't there.

I don't know who altered the particular photo in question...the one with the broken windshield. I'm unsure if this is the same one where you can see a driver that many referred to as having a black head. I would like to know who did it to see how they came up with these images.

But I will say one thing.... Most of the pics I have seen have ONLY been altered by either cropping, enlarging or changing the contrast of the photo's LE released. These types of alterations are absolutely essential in determining what is being seen. I have these photo's and have enlarged them and I do see blue/teal in the original photo's. Now I think it is a reflection on LE taking a pic of the video to provide a quick pic for the media.

If you are going to rely on the pics released by LE without increasing their size or trying to sharpen the images en you may as well not ever look at the photo's period because you will never see anything but another white truck.

I know people who have been in LE in all aspects for many many years. They hire experts to take stills of each frame of a video and they use several types of programs to clarify the images. They want to see every blade of grass if they are able. So if someone here has the skills and capability that these experts do to clarify these images then i want to see them! Seriously, what does it hurt? Of course, they need to be labeled with what type of alterations were made.

Guess it bothers me that members are so against some of the very minor alterations that have been made. Cropping, enlarging and changing the contrast does NOT change what is in the image. It makes it clearer. It doesn't make a blurry blob look like a bicycle if it isn't one to begin with.

There have been a lot of wild and somewhat crazy theories I've seen pass through this thread. Sometimes I read a post and and think the person has been under a rock for fifty years to even think it's possible but I respect their opinion and appreciate the thought they put into it.

As ole Sherlwhen says...."When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

I don't know who altered the particular photo in question...the one with the broken windshield. I'm unsure if this is the same one where you can see a driver that many referred to as having a black head. I would like to know who did it to see how they came up with these images.

But I will say one thing.... Most of the pics I have seen have ONLY been altered by either cropping, enlarging or changing the contrast of the photo's LE released. These types of alterations are absolutely essential in determining what is being seen. I have these photo's and have enlarged them and I do see blue/teal in the original photo's. Now I think it is a reflection on LE taking a pic of the video to provide a quick pic for the media.

If you are going to rely on the pics released by LE without increasing their size or trying to sharpen the images en you may as well not ever look at the photo's period because you will never see anything but another white truck.

I know people who have been in LE in all aspects for many many years. They hire experts to take stills of each frame of a video and they use several types of programs to clarify the images. They want to see every blade of grass if they are able. So if someone here has the skills and capability that these experts do to clarify these images then i want to see them! Seriously, what does it hurt? Of course, they need to be labeled with what type of alterations were made.

Guess it bothers me that members are so against some of the very minor alterations that have been made. Cropping, enlarging and changing the contrast does NOT change what is in the image. It makes it clearer. It doesn't make a blurry blob look like a bicycle if it isn't one to begin with.

There have been a lot of wild and somewhat crazy theories I've seen pass through this thread. Sometimes I read a post and and think the person has been under a rock for fifty years to even think it's possible but I respect their opinion and appreciate the thought they put into it.

As ole Sherlwhen says...."When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

My words always get cut off when I submit. Sherlock that is..

Shelly, I don't think it's the same person. The Jennings 8 are totally different people than MS -- I don't think there's any sort of connection at all.
I dunno; Jennings is just so close to Lafayette and this PERP is nowhere to be found in town?

Just curious; IS Charlene shunik off of Facebook now? It used to be that you could click on her page and get info. Maybe she has taken it down?

Just curious; IS Charlene shunik off of Facebook now? It used to be that you could click on her page and get info. Maybe she has taken it down?

There is a post on her page from today about people going to pick up flyers...she is still on FB and active...

Her page is still there, I can see it just fine. Maybe if you aren't friends with her you can't?

While I'm aware that there are some who think the Jennings murders aren't related, I think it's possible. Particularly when you include a couple of other murdered/ missing women in the Lake Charles, Alexandria, and Houma areas, along with reported missing in South Louisiana. I think that the fact that the Jennings women knew each other is secondary to the fact that they were easy targets who hung out in a remote area and in a vulnerable state. I would think that in a drug related killing, the women wouldn't be found nude- just found shot. I think that the spacings in murders point to someone who isn't always in the area- Possible Oilfield? There's also been a few bodies of women found nude in Houston that could possibly be linked.

Four corners in Lafayette, the intersection of University and Cameron St. in Lafayette, is a known area for drug/Prostitution activity. It's not that far from St. Landry, and if you're looking for a easy target- a woman on a bike at 2am is one.

Below is information on the Jennings victims, 1 from Moss Bluff (near Lake Charles), and 1 from Houma. There's also a few disappearances in the Alexandria/Pineville area that could possibly be related. I've included that information below. There is also a woman reported missing from Crowley, LA yesterday- Christina Spence. Crowley is between Jennings and Lafayette. There's a Find Christina Spence page that was put up on Facebook.

There are also a few missing teenagers listed as Runaways that I haven't included. I do think it's possible we have a serial killer in the South Louisiana area- thoughts?

Jennings, LA May 17, 2005 -.Loretta Lynn Chaisson is last seen. Her body is found in the Grand Marais drainage canal three miles west of La. 26, just off La. 1126 three days later. No official cause of death is ever

Jennings, LA June 18, 2005- Ernestine Marie Daniel Patterson - Ernestine was the first black victim and the first whose cause of death is known and has been released. Her body was found just six miles from where Loretta's had been left less than a month earlier in a drainage canal off of La Hwy 122, southeast of Jennings. Her death is later ruled as a homicide by a slit throat.

Jennings, LA March 8, 2007 - Kristen Elizabeth Gary Lopez -- The 21 year-old was missing for ten days before her body was found in the Petitjean Canal, just off of La Hwy 99 and 10 miles south of the town of Welsh. Cause of death has not been determined and/or released.

Jennings, LA May 12, 2007 -Whitnei Charlene Dubois -- Mother of a 5 year-old daughter, 26 year-old Whitnei was found, nude, on a lonely gravel road just three miles southeast of Jennings; near the secluded intersection of Bobby and Earl Duhon roads on May 12, 2007. She was the first victim to be left on a rural road rather than in a canal. A cause of death has not been given, nor has much else been released about what happened to Whitnei. Her sisters, Brittany and Taylor, search the Internet - and occasionally post online - in their desperate search for answers.

Jennings, LA: May 28, 2008- LaConia Shontel "Muggy" Brown - Known as "Muggy" to family and friends, 23 year-old LaConia Brown was last seen by her grandmother. Only hours later, a city police officer stumbled upon her body - nude and doused in bleach - in the middle of a gravel road on the city/parish border that led to a known police shooting range. Her body, found on May 28, 2008, was located two miles south of where her best friend, Brittany Gary's, body would later be found.

Jennings, LA: September 11, 2008 -Crystal Shay Benoit Zeno, is found - Crystal's body was so badly decomposed by the time it was found it would be two months before the young woman could be identified. The 24 year-old had been left in a dry canal a couple of miles southeast of Jennings. Her cause of death is either undetermined or unreleased.

Jennings, LA November 15, 2008 - Brittany Ann Gary - The 17 year-old was described by her mother, Teresa Gary, as "a quiet but goofy girl who was easy to talk to and could get along with anyone". The Gary family had "left to find a new life" in Texas and had stayed with relatives in Lufkin and Houston. Whatever they were looking for they must not have found, for they returned to Jennings, Louisiana less than a week before Brittany went missing. Brittany - who knew the other victims - was "scared" and, as she told her mother, mistrustful of people she might once have considered friends. A walking trip to a local Family Dollar Store on November 2 to purchase minutes for her cell phone was the last anyone heard from Brittany. Her body was found November 15, 2008

Jennings, LA August 19, 2009 - Necole Guillory, the body of Necole Jean Guillory, 27, of Jennings was found this past Wednesday, August 19th on an embankment of the westbound lane of the I-10 Egan Exit.

Moss Bluff, LA Nov. 23 2009- Sierra Bouzigard Moss Bluff (Lake Charles) LA – Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's detectives continue to investigate the death of 19-year-old Sierra Bouzigard. Her body was discovered the morning of November 29, 2009 on the side of John Koonce Road. No arrests/ No Suspects.

Houma, LA February 23, 2010 - Merrell Stewart, Houma Louisiana- 26-year-old Merell Stewart, was found in a swamp off U.S. 90 near Chacahoula in February 2010. Merell, who served in the Air Force and was in nursing school, was missing for several days prior to the discovery. A coroner's investigation later revealed she died of asphyxiation. To date, nobody has been arrested for her death. http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20120223/ARTICLES/120229829
August 27, 2009 – Brijet White Johnson- Winnfield, LA- Asia Brijet White Johnson, 21, of Winnfield has been missing since April 2012. She is black, 5'2" and weighs approximately 200 pounds. She was last seen at 2 a.m. on April 4 by her grandmother who said she was leaving the house for work.

Jan 11, 2010 - Dorothy Eyvonne Rossier 26 – Pineville, LA- Dorothy Eyvonne Rosier vanished without a trace on January 11, 2010. She went by her middle name Eyvonne. Eyvonne's purse and belongings were found by police at her step-father's home in Pineville, LA, where Eyvonne was residing.

Oct. 30, 2010 – Tina Marie Garza McDaniel – 37 - Ponchatoula- ~, borrowed her sister’s car on Oct. 30, saying she was going to a party in Prairieville. She was last seen driving a 2006 white Honda Civic in the Ponchatoula area around Highway 22 East,

Mar 11, 2011 - Victoria Perez – Alexandria, LA- Victoria was last seen walking on Interstate 49 at the Woodworth exit on March 11th. The day before she was seen at the Rapides Regional Medical Center. After the appointment, Victoria called the Van Transportation Company to pick her up and bring her home. The Van was delayed and by the time they got there, Victoria was gone

Sierra was originally from Houma (replicator due to Katrina) or Bayou LaFourche

I just wanted to say that I am SO sad that there is no news in this case. I'm just heartbroken for MS and for her family and friends. My daughter (the 2.5 year old absolute light of my life) was getting ready for a bath last night and I was looking for pj's. I smelled a nightgown and breathed in her sweet baby scent and I thought of MS' mother. My heart just aches for her because I know she loves MS like I love my girl. I can't imagine having nothing left of her but her little things and clothes to smell.

I dunno; Jennings is just so close to Lafayette and this PERP is nowhere to be found in town?

But we don't know that for certain. Whoever abducted MS may very well be in Lafayette, but with LE not giving us any other information, we can't say for certain.

That said, I stand by what I said -- I think that the Jennings 8 are just not related to MS' disappearance. I'm not trying to sound derogatory, but there was a much different lifestyle attributed to the J8, and I don't think MS was anything like them. Yes, I could be wrong, but I don't think so in this case.

Thanks Lindsay. From your link, the pic of the DWT in the turn lane isnt included. And it says the DWT with the bedcover has been cleared. So at least from that linked site, it's not clear if the two DWTs in the LCG photos in front of Circle K are the same nor do we know if the DWT in the turn lane has been cleared (if it is different).

LOL, it's not my link, but THE official source of info--LPD. It includes all pics of the vehicles. Unless there was some other pic that was removed that I don't remember? The only one that they have taken off is the pic of MS in front of Circle K, and I'm not sure why they took it off, but I'm pretty sure all the pics of the VOI's are still here.

If you carefully read Update V, it says the first pic is an "updated picture of the initial vehicle of interest" which would be the WT in Update IV. It goes on to state "It is evident from the new photo that the vehicle has a bed cover and tinted windows" which we KNOW has been identified and cleared according to Update IX: "Lafayette Police have identified the operators and occupants of both the older model 4-door car and the white 4-door pickup truck with the bed cover, which were captured on surveillance video. Investigators have ruled out any involvement by these individuals and they offered no additional clues for the investigation. Investigators continue to seek information on the newer model white Z-71 pickup truck."

This means we are looking at ONE picture of ONE VOI: a white 4 door Chevy Z71, which is labeled Picture 2 on Update V. (Of course, however, there is some confusion since LE has also told someone "off the record" that the two trucks in front of Circle K were the same). But, this is the official information, on their website.

Three of the four girls missing from the Alexandria area, I have Lund have criminal records & one for sure arrested in Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288