LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's go back to a few things which transpired early in this case:

-When the reward was initially raised to its current, there was an announcement -- made in a rather stern tone -- that this was the final reward amount. It almost seemed to me as though someone had some sort of insight that MS was being held.

-The search at WB raises all sorts of questions, in hindsight. First, it seemed to come to an abrupt ending. Second, leadership from a variety of sources (including, as noted here, a C-level executive with Lafayette Consolidated Government) were on the scene for a follow-up visit where divers -- acting on intelligence they received from sonar surveys -- searched for what they thought was the body of MS; etc.

-The initial involvement of the FBI;

I'm thinking there's a feeling amongst the LE community (including the Feds) that something considerably large is afoot, here...something larger than they've let on to.

Thoughts?

I always read that particular post about the reward not being raised in a stern tone too! But that's the problem with written things- we can always inflict whatever tone we want to it.

I think there is about a .0001% chance that this case is involved with human trafficking...JMO

Wrong place, wrong time, random victim, is my best guess, with someone she knew in some way as second.

With 20,000 posts I imagine you know your stuff! Would you mind sharing with me as to why? And if you think the other missing blondes are coincidences and should be ruled out of human trafficking also?

The other picture is of the same person on the night of the same event, so if the picture I linked too isn't here, neither is the other picture.

Thanks for you guys giving your opinion. :) Maybe I can stop thinking about it now. :)
I encouraged rhapsdy to post the link and get an opinion from the forum. I thought there was enough resemblance to at least give it consideration.

Oh well, rhapsdy, you gave it a shot. Thank you! :)

With 20,000 posts I imagine you know your stuff! Would you mind sharing with me as to why? And if you think the other missing blondes are coincidences and should be ruled out of human trafficking also?

I posted on the first page of this thread why I don't think these girls are connected...they are all different scenarios, IMO, some with possible POI's, some with some iffy things going on the nights they vanished, etc...

I just do not believe that any one person or group of people happened to be in place for a drunken girl (Lauren) to happen to walk home at 4am...for a nursing student (Holly) to happen to leave for school in the morning in a very rural area...or able to lure Katelyn out of her apartment at midnight or later, when I feel it must be someone she knows...or have come across Paige after she was allegedly dropped off by a man who is in jail and will not talk about that night...

I also do not believe that traffickers are likely to just lurk about in small cities or towns in hopes of coming across a female alone...they have far better odds in more populated regions and in the usual places, bus stops, etc...

There are plenty of RSO's out there and even more who are not yet registered, IMO...a man sees a young woman alone and vulnerable and if he has that inclination, that is all it takes sometimes.

JMO

Of the several, my favorite continues to be, in re: human trafficking, "because there is no advantage in kidnapping middle-class white women, whose disappearance will create greater interest in the media and draw more scrutiny from LE and from the general public."

Runaways? Sure. College students? Nope.

If it's any help, the Taco Bell on Congress is newer and seems to be better run. The drive thru line can accommodate more cars. The Taco Bell on Johnston near campus takes forever to get your food, especially at that time of night because it's the closest to the downtown/bar area. The lot is tiny and the car-line can end up out on the street. The one on Congress would have less traffic and wait-time.

Of the several, my favorite continues to be, in re: human trafficking, "because there is no advantage in kidnapping middle-class white women, whose disappearance will create greater interest in the media and draw more scrutiny from LE and from the general public."

Runaways? Sure. College students? Nope.

And I still keep thinking that FB/Social Media is involved.

I encouraged rhapsdy to post the link and get an opinion from the forum. I thought there was enough resemblance to at least give it consideration.

Oh well, rhapsdy, you gave it a shot. Thank you! :)

I can't tell strong enough one way or the other to say if its her. I am curious about the theory though. :waitasec:

But really, how many people would have used the exit & gone through what chicken showed was involved in dumping it there? I know nothing of SK & their motivation, patterns, do they act within a 'comfort zone'?

I have been fishing in WB for many many years and never noticed the area where the bike was found. The boat launch is on the east side and even there there is not that much boat activity, not like the Butte Larose launch. The area is quite secluded IMO

The construction site that I referred to in reply to a poster seeing birds circling is also right near a lake. Have these types of lakes been looked at?? Google map w lake dr and you'll see what I mean.

I think FeuFollet was playing at Artmosphere when MS went. One of the songs they do is an old song called Au Fond du Lac. Translated in to English the first line is:

There's a rock at the bottom of the lake where my love is sleeping.

http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php?416252-Which-three..../page5

Hopefully just an odd coincidence.

Also, as far as Paige and Lauren are concerned...Paige's mom does not believe Paige is alive; she either did or is trying to have her declared dead; and Lauren's parents also have said they do not believe that Lauren is alive. I have to believe they have their reasons, whether or not anyone is ever prosecuted, I think they are convinced as to who is to blame for their daughters deaths/disappearances. They surely know more than we do at this point, and if they can be convinced, that really says something, in my opinion. There are "POI's" in both cases.

Also, as far as Paige and Lauren are concerned...Paige's mom does not believe Paige is alive; she either did or is trying to have her declared dead; and Lauren's parents also have said they do not believe that Lauren is alive. I have to believe they have their reasons, whether or not anyone is ever prosecuted, I think they are convinced as to who is to blame for their daughters deaths/disappearances. They surely know more than we do at this point, and if they can be convinced, that really says something, in my opinion. There are "POI's" in both cases.
I heard Lauren's mom say in an interview that she believes her daughter is dead because Lauren would have somehow found a way to contact her if she were still alive.

I always read that particular post about the reward not being raised in a stern tone too! But that's the problem with written things- we can always inflict whatever tone we want to it.

I actually spoke with someone about this. I was dropping off notebooks and office supplies at the Ryan street location, apparently TES told them it was not a good idea to keep raising the reward. If you don't make it clear that "x" is the limit, someone will wait to see how high the reward will go, before coming forward.
She was so upset that they had did the wrong thing by increasing the reward. It was truely heartbreaking

if only there would have been a camera under the WB bridge since that is known to be a notorious dumping site for criminals... (a mother of a murder victim that was left under WB once pleaded with police to have this done)

WARNING - The following is about the stupid white trucks....

Can someone tell me the difference between the Chevy/GMC door handles? Some are black, some chrome, and some the same as the body. Does that differ by year, style, extras? Just curious.

Also, if the POI in the WT is only wanted as a possible witness, why haven't they come forward?

One last one, I promise....How easy is it to get the Z71 stickers off and are we sure it says "Z71" and not 4x4?

Thanks guys. Since no new info is coming out, I'm just trying to rationalize facts but without trying to jump to conclusions.

I do believe the bike was dumped at WB by the perp, however, I do not think it was dumped the night MS disappeared. I think it was probably dumped the day/night before it was found. Does anyone know anything about the person who found the bike besides it was someone who was out fishing?

Excellent point and I'm wondering if A.C.I. has interviewed the person who discovered the bike? Didn't LE search WB before the bike discovery and came up empty handed? Still think the bike offers more insight. Although people are making valid points for and against the perp(s) being a local, the fact Whiskey Bay is a special place for Louisiana residents is in general agreement.

Driving to WB when (yes) there are numerous other ways and areas to dispose of evidence is baffling. Crossing two parishes would involve different agencies and create confusion for LE. Why not just dismantle the bike and throw it out in random garbage containers, bayous or drainage ditches? Why not leave it at the scene (if there was drunk driving accident)? Was the bike ever supposed to be found? Or was finding that bike a miracle due to the water levels? The bike location, only the grips being removed..this known evidence should not be taken for granted. JMHO. Thanks to everyone reviewing the bike/WB evidence.

Also, if the POI in the WT is only wanted as a possible witness, why haven't they come forward?

[/snipped]

It's a possibility that this particular VOI was involved in the crime itself and, if so, it would stand to reason that the person would not voluntarily come forth if they had a hand in the disappearance of MS.

And I still keep thinking that FB/Social Media is involved.

Can you tell us a little more about your theory? It's plausible. but I was wondering if you had investigated this enough to outline it for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks