LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering if the fishermen may have seen the bicycle in the water on the Saturday (19th) the day Mickey went missing and when they perhaps came back to fish a week later noticed the missing signs posted at Whiskey Bay and put 2 + 2 together. People from outside Lafayette who don’t listen to the evening news or the radio may not have known she was even missing that first week unless they noticed a poster or someone told them about the disappearance.

LE seemed confident that the bike was dumped the morning Mickey went missing, so they must have specific evidence or a detailed account from a witness that it had been there for a week.

I HEARD from a fisherman that the water rose 8 feet between the day of her disappearance and the day the bike was found. I guess there was a way to tell that the bike had been in there during that 8 foot rise??

"Police said they believe the bike was dumped in that area the same morning Shunick disappeared."

Have always wondered why they believe this. Could the time 'inside Lafayette' and the above statement mean perhaps there was some pinging going on?

very probable, but also the swamp funk/sediment on bike comes into play as well.

I hate typing:) but I want to ask if BW took a poly? Sorry to be so direct, I know the family stands behind him 110% but it is the normal course. On Bayou Becky video 2, she says something like BW suggested she turn left on St mary down to campus. Other info says that M traveled down St Landrys on many occassions enough to establish a rapport with a security guard past St Mary's at old hospital, which means she was comfortable with this desolate area at unsafe hours.

if M and BW were soon to be room mates in NO, should we assume that this has happened before and the safest route home should have been discussed previous to this eve?

if for some reason this evening seemed especially different, enough to discuss route home, mace check, no call me when you there etc.... why didnt she just spend the night, or him drive her home,? They were already moving in together? she could have picked up the bike in the am? It makes me crazy that she didnt even wear a helmet exposing her vulnerability in so many ways....

So if she wasnt seen on the St Marys camera on funeral home side:
1 She was abducted before camera. and it doesnt seem as there would be that many people to investigate, just not much there. two blocks if that.

If she did decide to change her normal route home and listen to BW rec route, maybe she darted across the street in a zig or zag direction not captured on tape and took the rec route that BW offered up. I couldnt find it but maybe he meant around the campus, no wasteland areas.

I agree with maybe someone under the influence that maybe also be on probation could try to hide a body. No helmet, dire consequences
It's my understanding, according to a friend, BW has left for parts unknown. Prob Nola. All of this confusion on the bike routes could be dispelled if we knew that she made it further along, perhaps to Congress. LE's not releasing that info.

I hate typing:) but I want to ask if BW took a poly? Sorry to be so direct, I know the family stands behind him 110% but it is the normal course. On Bayou Becky video 2, she says something like BW suggested she turn left on St mary down to campus. Other info says that M traveled down St Landrys on many occassions enough to establish a rapport with a security guard past St Mary's at old hospital, which means she was comfortable with this desolate area at unsafe hours.

Brad took a Polygraph. Brad spent about 10 hours with LE WITHOUT an attorney. LE searched Brad's house. Brad's house was the host of the initial searches 24 hours a day. Brad has officially been cleared as a suspect, and sleuthing him at this point is a violation of TOS.

wouldn't you think that the police are getting hell from lafayette residents to have a press conference or make a statement. besides finding Mickey, women don't feel safe. do locals pressure LE? i don't know how one goes about doing that - calling them?? i guess you'd have to picket, but I can't see anyone picketing about this, so how else do you pressure LE to address the people?

or maybe they are getting pressured, but they just don't give a damn??

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

\

Yes, he took it and supposedly he failed it.

i read in a news article (one of the early ones) that he passed. we are talking about Bretley, right? I don't know of any Brad in this scenario

very probable, but also the swamp funk/sediment on bike comes into play as well.

why wont they tell us if they did or didn't find evidence/anything on the bike? they don't have to tell us what they found (fingerprints, DNA etc.) just that they did or didn't find anything helpful/useful

I've been asking this question on here and no one answers me:dunno:

wouldn't you think that the police are getting hell from lafayette residents to have a press conference or make a statement. besides finding Mickey, women don't feel safe. do locals pressure LE? i don't know how one goes about doing that - calling them?? i guess you'd have to picket, but I can't see anyone picketing about this, so how else do you pressure LE to address the people?

or maybe they are getting pressured, but they just don't give a damn??

:pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair::pullhair:

What about the media? What are they doing? They could be reporting on the fact that LE is refusing to talk to them at all, if in fact they are even trying. But instead they are doing nothing, it seems.

Brad passed the Polygraph. They hide that information in previous posts and in the news reports.

It would be helpful to have validation that he passed the poly. Is MSM behind, or not reporting this for some reason? A link would be most appreciated... :tyou:

Brad took a Polygraph. Brad spent about 10 hours with LE WITHOUT an attorney. LE searched Brad's house. Brad's house was the host of the initial searches 24 hours a day. Brad has officially been cleared as a suspect, and sleuthing him at this point is a violation of TOS.

His name is Brettly, not Brad

It's my understanding, according to a friend, BW has left for parts unknown. Prob Nola. All of this confusion on the bike routes could be dispelled if we knew that she made it further along, perhaps to Congress. LE's not releasing that info.

yes, it would be helpful. I do sort of remember in one of his interviews mentioning that he was moving to Nola in June, and that she would follow in July .

It would be helpful to have validation that he passed the poly. Is MSM behind, or not reporting this for some reason? A link would be most appreciated... :tyou:

i don't know which article it was in, but I swear it was in an article on klfy or katc that he passed the polygrah

yes, it would be helpful. I do sort of remember in one of his interviews mentioning that he was moving to Nola in June, and that she would follow in July .

correct. they were both to move to NOLA.

I thought LE told Nancy Grace on her show that he passed...not sure?

What about the media? What are they doing? They could be reporting on the fact that LE is refusing to talk to them at all, if in fact they are even trying. But instead they are doing nothing, it seems.

agreed. i sort of feel like no one cares anymore. i can't make sense of any of this. also, it's crazy that the whole PI thing stayed out the media. it seems like material that cajun folk would LOVE to sink their teeth into. not that it the PI stuff would be a good thing to toss around in the media, but in general, the media silence paired up with the LE silence is just weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave