LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, whats his deal? hope he never needs help from the public....bad juju goin on with this dude....moo

For more info about Fred Radtke aka The Grey Ghost, please watch this short video below. He was part of Operation Clean Sweep post Katrina, cleaning up gang-related graffiti. His efforts are admirable, but NOT in the case of tearing down Mickey posters. Perhaps he is OCD. :waitasec:
http://youtu.be/DLLZBOIUGNo

:beamup: I already thought about that... that's MY train home too, and I'm still here, SO, I ruled it out. :crosseyed:

As a nonbeliever, I relied on believers' input. If y'all tell me you'd have been gone too if The Rapture took Mickey, I respect that.

Nonbeliever doesn't have to mean anti-believer ;-)

I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been terrifying. Are you OK?

I think we'd have to factor in the speed and weight of both objects and point of impact using an equation I would never understand.

Thanks! Had a broken femur and a concussion. Only lasting effect is that I won't cross the street when the hand is flashing!!

For more info about Fred Radtke aka The Grey Ghost, please watch this short video below. He was part of Operation Clean Sweep post Katrina, cleaning up gang-related graffiti. His efforts are admirable, but NOT in the case of tearing down Mickey posters. Perhaps he is OCD. :waitasec:
http://youtu.be/DLLZBOIUGNo

That's an interesting take. Maybe tidying walls and posts is something he can't stop doing. He was repeatedly wiping the same spot on that sign, which is an indicator of obsessive behavior.

Well if the videos are just 1 second apart, then that would be one fast accelerating truck to run over her. And at more than 1 second I think she would have moved forward several more feet than where posters think she was run over, or think she appears under the truck. That would imply she was knocked backward. I can't buy the idea that she was stopped and the truck creeped up on her and ran over her. Bike would have moved forward regardless. One would have to allow for forward impact of bike and seperation of Mickey from the bike while truck is in motion. Not enough distance in pics as we know the truck didn't raise it front end like a drag car and sit down on her.

It's important to note that if she wasn't stopped (and her posture in the picture definitely looks to me like she's pedaling) then a reasonable estimate of her speed would be 15 miles per hour. That means she would be travelling 22 feet every second. So in a second she would have moved well out of the picture.

:pullhair: What happened and where is Mickey?! :pullhair:

I'm getting so aggravated reading the same theories about DWTs and bikes underneath them and, and, and. This isn't directed at any of you, of course... we're all just trying to help. It's just infuriating that no matter how much we want her to come home and to find out what happened, we have absolutely no information to go on. :banghead: Enough already!

It's kinda weird that no information has been released about the bike or anything.

If we had anything else, maybe we could obsess about the Blasted Bike Rim or the Flippin Phone Records.

I hope her family doesn't have to live in permanent limbo.

That's an interesting take. Maybe tidying walls and posts is something he can't stop doing. He was repeatedly wiping the same spot on that sign, which is an indicator of obsessive behavior.
He can stop. There are medication specifically approved for OCD and effective in treating it. He likely chooses to not take them.

It's important to note that if she wasn't stopped (and her posture in the picture definitely looks to me like she's pedaling) then a reasonable estimate of her speed would be 15 miles per hour. That means she would be travelling 22 feet every second. So in a second she would have moved well out of the picture.

I remember thinking that if all of the time stamps were accurate, she was moving at a pretty good clip.

I'm kinda liking the 'dropped something' theory today.

I have to wonder how many, if any of these times are right.

BW said they left Artmosphere at 12:44 (to go about a mile to his house on Ryan).
They were on video at TB at 1:24. (a 5 min drive from Ryan St.)
Mickey left Ryan St at 1:44?

Mickey was hungry and not feeling well and it took about 35 minutes to bike 0.9 miles, lock bikes and get in the car?

Maybe TB time is wrong. Or else BW is wrong or the video stills.Or they sat around hungry for a little while for some reason before they left to get food.

He can stop. There are medication specifically approved for OCD and effective in treating it. He likely chooses to not take them.

I have family members with OCD. It's not always controllable.

Maybe it's much worse and this behavior is his *controlled*.

Not sure if it's already been posted, but I noticed that there's a very short (about 2 seconds) video of Mickey now posted on the findmickeynow FB page.:)

Bingo.

re: running red light, if LE didn't say it in the transcript, I'm going to give credit to 'Waldalo', thread#9. The idea that DWTiq pursued Mickey with 'lights off' and the corresponding image is his as well, i think.

JMO but head lights are clearly on. I kinda doubt driver turned on the lights after running over her, if thats what happened.

Well if the videos are just 1 second apart, then that would be one fast accelerating truck to run over her. And at more than 1 second I think she would have moved forward several more feet than where posters think she was run over, or think she appears under the truck. That would imply she was knocked backward. I can't buy the idea that she was stopped and the truck creeped up on her and ran over her. Bike would have moved forward regardless. One would have to allow for forward impact of bike and seperation of Mickey from the bike while truck is in motion. Not enough distance in pics as we know the truck didn't raise it front end like a drag car and sit down on her.

My best guess is that she heard the truck. LE says it was following her. You have firsthand knowledge about what that rig sounds like. So do I. You'd hear it before you saw it. And she appears stationary after riding like a bat out of hell for 1 minute. She'd either be thinking about hiding in the Circle K, or getting her phone, IMO. It's possible she had already dismounted to let the truck pass, and the truck struck the bike, but merely knocked her off balance. If she didn't have headphones on the chances are strong she heard this beast a -comin, and was taking evasive action. The tail lights all seem to be on, hard to tell if it includes the white reverse light. If the truck was still moving, I don't think we'd be able to tell about the style of wheel. We can't see so much wheel detail in the 'other way' truck, sometimes described as a truck van.

Maybe the posters that were taken down were torn, wet, damaged...

I've been posting that animated gif mostly to show what stays and what goes. I'm comfortable with an actual time frame of 30 to 59 seconds apart. Someone did an excellent job of lining both images up perfectly.

I am now searching for a published account of the Consolidated Gov building cams' time stamps, independent of WebSleuths. What I seem to have found is a time stamp for the Mickey pic and no time stamp for the truck. If it's the same camera, I'd say the second time stamp is available but being held while investigation is ongoing. For what it's worth I've never claimed I sw a person under the truck, only the bike. For where I think I see Mickey, I'd place her almost on the curb, mostly in front of (the back of) the roadwork sign.

If we're talking a time frame of 30+ seconds, then my physics discussion is a moot point. That was evoked to debunk the idea that this all occurred within a very short time frame (1-4 seconds), and involved some physics-defying phenomena occurring.

But 30+ seconds allows for MS to circle around (backtrack) and, in theory here, put herself in position to be hit closer to University and thrown off to the side, and slightly forward, to a landing position in the area as you suggest, with the bike being dragged forward to the place it is alleged by some here to be seen in the frame which includes the pic of the DWT in front of Circle K.

That said, there are all of the other things to consider -- including ACI's info, along with the idea that LE would likely not be releasing a photo of MS at/shortly after the moment of alleged impact.

IMO About the DWT:
On Friday, May 25 LPD released the stills of Mickey @ LCG and the image of the DWT in turning lane. The media and Charlene specifically commented that this was not the truck in question, but they were interested in another DWT that was traveling on the same streets captured on camera. This seemed strange…. If they had an image of THE TRUCK, why wasn’t LE presenting it to the public. Twenty four hours later, LE released the image of the Same Direction DWT (SDDWT) @ LCG. Well, that was really strange because it was obviously from the same camera as the image of Mickey and the turning DWT shown the night before. Why the delay?
That led me to believe that there was something special about the SDDWT. Waiting and Wadolo showed what they believed were evidence of an accident. I am an artist and also digitally repair 100 year old photos. I recognized a technique in the photo. When I am editing a photo or painting and I am not sure of the details of an item, I tend to darken and blur the area of uncertainty to suggest the object. Most photos and paintings are not meant to be examined inch by inch or pixel by pixel.
IMO LE delayed releasing the image to allow someone to fix the photo not just enhance. I believe Mickey was in that photo UNHARMED and RIDING her bike. The occupants of SDDWT slowed down to check her out. LE did not want to release an image of her with any VOIs to set off all of us on a serious manhunt. The DWT may be guilty of only eyeing a pretty young girl.
The black line on the passenger door is the shadow or outline of Mickey. Her image fits perfectly in that spot. I am including 2 edited images. One shows a gap between the line and Mickey, in the other becomes part of her outline. When Mickey and the DWT are together like this, the tire and part of the fender is hidden from view and so is the ground below. “Someone” would have to draw in that part of the image. IMO the quickest way to draw the tire to make it match with the other areas is to use an existing image of a similar tire. The Same Direction DWT’s rear tire is too blurry but the Turning DWT has a nice view of a tire that can be edited to fit on the Same Direction DWT. I would have used that Turning DWT’s rear tire to complete the image, toning down the highlights and shadows. Then I would have added and blurred what I call Road Runner puffs……the grayish brown shapes on each side of the tire to show motion and shadows (like on the Road Runner cartoons).

I would use that tire image and a part of the fender/wheel well to fill in the space, but in doing so, it gives the impression of the front end being raised….because the Turning DWT’s rear end is lifted. It makes the area slightly in front of and under the passenger window too short making the front end look raised up!

Then the light under the truck can be explained as a reflection of her bike light onto a part of the chrome bumper and the other spots are from her tire reflectors.
As for the image of Mickey shown to us @ LCG… perhaps that was fixed tooooo. I did this fake image in 10 minutes. Something like this may have been the only image of her without the SDDWT behind her on that camera! (to fix the SDDWT as described above would take longer and may explain nearly the 24 hour delay in releasing that image to public) And whatever happened to her happened farther along her route.)
Anywhooo… That is just my opinion and observations.

Attachments

• mickey line.jpg
    mickey line.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 86
  • mickey line2.jpg
    mickey line2.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 85
  • tire.rims.jpg
    tire.rims.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 87
  • new position.jpg
    new position.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 88
OT- is there a new thread for Linnea? (I hope I remember that was your post)

It caught my eye because my son's middle name would have been Linnea if he'd been a girl.

The tapatalk app is great, but does have its limitations

Wasn't me. :)

Okay...what if LE announces today that Mickie's bike IS under the truck? Then what? Does that solve anything, anything at all? Or even if they say Mickie is under the truck?? How does that help find her?

ETA: Okay, it might tell us that she did not willingly go with someone. The whoever hit her chose to take her away rather than call 911. But the trail would be just as cold, assuming it is cold.

JMO but head lights are clearly on. I kinda doubt driver turned on the lights after running over her, if thats what happened.
If it's the same vehicle, he would have turned his lights on before he entered University. I get the idea the driver may have knowledge of surveillance cams in the area.
LE describes the vehicle as being visible in both cameras, but we're only sure we see it on Landry. I think the first cam is on Versailles, right before Mickey takes a right on to Saint Johns. I'm going back to thread #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth