LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will only be hearing about any abuse BL suffered if/when it comes to the penalty phase. No point in bringing it up when he is saying he didn't do anything.

We will only be hearing about any abuse BL suffered if/when it comes to the penalty phase. No point in bringing it up when he is saying he didn't do anything.

Yes... we all realize he is just one "unlucky" guy.

I have no idea, we were just speculating that abuse may have played a role in his evil side.

Seems something made him hostile toward women, even if in a "secret" sort of way...was he abused by a woman, I wonder...

Ted Bundy pointed to his mother and grandmother, I think it was, as making him "hostile" toward woman, since they lied to him about his real mother for years, saying she was his sister.

Seems something made him hostile toward women, even if in a "secret" sort of way...was he abused by a woman, I wonder...

Ted Bundy pointed to his mother and grandmother, I think it was, as making him "hostile" toward woman, since they lied to him about his real mother for years, saying she was his sister.

Definitely could have happened. Abuse is usually passed generation to generation. Not to offend, but I've met some crazy a$$ broads in my day-- and I am a woman. When I meet one I usually think oh OKAY that's why guys think WE are all nutjobs. great... ;)

Too many stories of those raised by non abusive families that end up murdering for me to believe abuse "causes" one to become a murderer. I think one already has a predisposition to violent ways that are only awakened during abuse. But even then I believe that can be awoken without abuse, like the case with people who have great lives but still turn out to be killers, and those that are abused but don't turn out to be killers.

You mean like this...

:welcome5:

Welcome, tshockl!

K.jill, use advanced options to post a reply, and click on "More" in the smilie box.
Thanks all! I've been lurking (obsessed) for a few weeks, but that was my first post.

I finally had a chance to read the doc. It was a lot to digest. I'm really curious about Lisa Pate's murde. A 27 page report on the black Mustang and an accident January 5, 2000. How does that relate to LP's murder five months earlier? And the line up, what did the witness see? Sounds like he did a lot of talking in prison, too. Hmm...guess none of it was mentioned in the glowing letter of recommendation.

Holocaust victims went through hell and I'm pretty sure most (or any!) didn't become serial killers. That logic just doesn't hold up.

...but, they weren't victims of their own families...people who are supposed to love and protect them. So, actually, yes, that logic does hold up.

Holocaust victims went through hell and I'm pretty sure most (or any!) didn't become serial killers. That logic just doesn't hold up.

Holocost victims were not abused by the ones they trusted to keep them safe. Abuse by a parent is so much more powerful than general abuse.

My own personal opinion is that some people are born to "land on their feet" no matter what happens. They rebound and deal with negative occurrences, and always manage to hit the ground running toward a positive goal. Others have not been blessed with a personality that recovers easily.....one damaging event becomes a life twisting moment....instead of life defining. Those who are severely damaged can grow to severely damage others.

I don't know anything about Brandon's childhood. I don't know if he was abused or not. I feel for those who have been irreparably damaged, but that doesn't mean that it is ok for them to renew the cycle and bring fresh pain to others.

I do, and this is my opinion, believe past abuse is pertinent in the penalty phase.

I finally had a chance to read the doc. It was a lot to digest. I'm really curious about Lisa Pate's murde. A 27 page report on the black Mustang and an accident January 5, 2000. How does that relate to LP's murder five months earlier? And the line up, what did the witness see? Sounds like he did a lot of talking in prison, too. Hmm...guess none of it was mentioned in the glowing letter of recommendation.

I don't suppose that's THE accident? The date isn't right though.

Thanks all! I've been lurking (obsessed) for a few weeks, but that was my first post.

Welcome to this mildly obsessed club of sleuthers!
Mickey touched me. You can see the sparkle of her spirit in her photos.
I can not grasp how someone could take her life, or anyone's.
I believe I am obsessed with trying to understand something that is impossible to understand.

Welcome to this mildly obsessed club of sleuthers!
Mickey touched me. You can see the sparkle of her spirit in her photos.
I can not grasp how someone could take her life, or anyone's.
I believe I am obsessed with trying to understand something that is impossible to understand.

BINGO! I think that is why a lot of us are here digging for answers. We are trying to find logic in something that is illogical.

If you look up AFG on the SOS website, tht is the address

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the SOS website? I'd like to take a look at this.
I'm curious about these Leger Road properties.
As some of you know, I work at The Daily Advertiser and have been reading and absorbing these documents all day. I've figured out some of the many initials, but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. <modsnip> Strictly off the record.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the SOS website? I'd like to take a look at this.
As some of you know, I work at The Daily Advertiser and have been reading and absorbing these documents all day. I've figured out some of the many initials, but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. <modsnip> Strictly off the record.

SOS: Secretary of State.

It has all commercial companies and information about them. It probably has all kinds of other great stuff however, I've only ever used it for researching corporations.

"...continued tampering of body..."

I believe this means in that he is still withholding the location...NOT that he went back and forth to the body.

As some of you know, I work at The Daily Advertiser and have been reading and absorbing these documents all day. I've figured out some of the many initials, but if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. Just message me. Strictly off the record.

The Louisiana Secretary of State

A shame "dyingtoknowthetruth" didn't stick around - that was the poster whose brother lived in the house behind which LP was discovered and died in a June '99 wreck. She could have told us if it were an '88 Mustang. As it was a fatal accident, maybe the final report was delayed, due to bureaucracy? Maybe Jan. 5, 2000 was the date of the final report. Maybe it was a different accident altogether. But the '88 Mustang is not on the list of BSL's vehicles. It's apparently connected with the Pate case, somehow.

It's possible that the vehicle was IDed in the original news reports, maybe in the Church Point News or the Opelousas Daily World. Maybe archived in the Church Point or Opelousas library.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spartan12!!