LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you pay for a safety deposit 5 or more years in advance?

Interesting question. Some banks offer an automatic payment option, and if this is in place, it seems as though a box could be held indefinitely. IMO of course.

Global Tower Partners Site Locator is interesting. I don't know how to link but you can find their information on the Internet on their website.

Hopefully this and Onstar will provide them with actual traceable steps.

Interesting question. Some banks offer an automatic payment option, and if this is in place, it seems as though a box could be held indefinitely. IMO of course.

Yes, they do. In his instance... "away" for a while he might not have funds in the account. He would have had to arrange for a family member to take care of the fee for the box by mailing a check. Before I left Chase in 2002, I believe our yearly fee for a box was 32.00. Most people walked the payment in to a teller.

I don't have the documents with me, but as I recall, the JPSO report on BSL's visit to Ochsner referred to the NOPD. NOPD interviewed him first and called JPSO.

ClaireT., thanks for your article - it included comprehensive information.

Question for you (or anyone else that knows the answer)...... Re: the tracking on the trucks. We see LE got warrants for placing tracking on the original DWT and for the replacement DWT. Is it known whether tracking was actually put on the original DWT and if so... the date that may have happened?

I looked at this last night and did not see the two tower things, did you figure out what they are?

I did not either. I guess I am not good at google view or whatever that thing is called. :)

Well, it did also mention a lineup, so I assumed there was some sort of witness.

I am thinking he told his buddies while he was incarcerated about LP and they finally ratted him out. I would bet that LE made some visits to some of his cellmates and made some deals to get them to talk.

It could be that by CH talking to the media, she is not considered a credible witness. We don't know if BSL was involved in the June 1999 accident. CH has changed her stories over the years. I think LE had enough info without bringing her suspect testimony into play. JMO.

I think CH is very very brave. I think if I were in her shoes, my story would have changed over the years too. I think she was extremely intimidated by BSL and his posse. I think as she matured and received counseling or whatever she began to be emotionally more mature and stronger and could start talking about what actually happened. I just wanted to clarify that.

Perhaps he is also a writer. He may put in writing details as well as his excitement. He may even have written his plans.
However, I do think there are pics at least.

We all know that his cousin, a male, is a published writer. The skill of writing itself/command of English language well enough to be a good writer is carried in genetics. We never have been able to figure out who is biological father is -- but based on genetics -- hmmmmmmmm

I would suspect that he did indeed keep a diary of sorts. Just a suspicion. He would keep a diary to keep the events alive in his mind. Only thing is -- he was in jail all those years -- where did he keep his diary?

Can you pay for a safety deposit 5 or more years in advance?

I don't know, but my former bank allowed me to set up an auto renew feature. As long as I had adequate funds in the account, the bank would deduct the annual fee automatically.

ETA: I see a couple of other folks have suggested this. I'm slow today.

Just looked at the rso's in Lafayette parish and there are 7 with the last name Lavergne.
6 of them arrested for contact with a juvenile and one for sexual battery of the infermed.

Is Lavergne a very common name there? As common as white trucks? That seems like a lot of people with the same last name to be rso's in one Parrish.

Some of them resemble bsl to me. I know he was adopted...

I have followed the adoption facts very closely because that is an issue near and dear to me. I am 100% his mother said he was adopted at birth "because he deserved a better life". When his brother was on this website earlier, he confirmed that he was adopted at birth. The jist of what I got out of it was that the adoptive mother knew the situation, knew the bio mother and father personally and agreed to adopt. The bio mother lives in Spring, Texas along with a bio sister that BSL has met. He has never met his bio mother as she refused to meet him. In my own opinion, based on the fact that he physically looks like many others with the same last name, I have formed my own opinion that even adopted he is a member of the same families, maybe cousins, or uncles or whatever. In other words, I believe that biologically, not just legally, he is related somehow to the author of the same last name. I hope that makes sense.

In other news, I did not realize that they checked the garbage dumpster at the funeral home -- well -- dang - - as the worms squirms. Chapter 4.

awww yes, the silos.

Ugh. There is just something terrible about that photo. (The round metal towers, more than two, with the ruler shaped metal thing....) It gives me the heeby-jeebys. It figures into the case but we just are not there yet. My opinion only.

I do not know if he kept trophies at the bank. At Chase, our safety deposit room was very tight and was actually attached to the safe. We were required to stay there with the customer. I could not imagine someone would keep trophies there, but I guess anything is possible.

As to the question of paying for the box, yes anyone can.

Safe boxes are considered very high security and high risk. They fall under the Bank Secrecy Act and the Patriot Act as well as the Anti Money Laundering Act because they have a history of being used as a vehicle to commit terrorist, money laundering and other crimes. When a customer opens a safe box, they are provided a copy of a contract that lists items that are not allowed to be held in the box, including fire arms, weapons, drugs, body parts (yes it was on our contracts), etc. That being said, as employees of the bank we were not supposed to know what was in the safe box, even if the customer tried to tell us. We had private rooms that customers could use to review, add or remove items in. Some customers wanted to stay in the vault and just quickly add or remove items. If they chose to do that, we were required to turn our backs while they had the box open. Everytime a customer came into the banking center to go into their box, they had to provide current photo id and it had to be recorded by an associate of the bank along with the customers signature, verifying that they did go into their box.

What a nice surprise to come home this evening and see Kimster and Imamaze had set up the sub-forum today. I'll be adding a few new threads this evening so we can start breaking off into topic specific discussions. Stay tuned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken