GUILTY LA - Murry & Jaime Day for starving 9yo boy, Lake Charles, 2010

Thanks for the links & updates, Amanda.

Kimberlyd125 has a thread here on this case -- mod s/b able to merge

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97502"]Lake Charles Louisiana Woman/25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12109599

Man this is one sicko let me tell you. Oh and people are defending the horrile things that were done to this boy.The link above is when the story broke in my town. The links below are updates.

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12113995
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12120018
http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12128098

How sickening that anyone can defend this monster!!!:furious:
If you have a child with mental issues you take him to get help not abuse him:furious:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12128098

Probably the wisest words I've read in a long time:

"There are a lot of kids that are hard to parent. Some of them have behavioral problems, because they've been abused. Some of them are abused because they have behavioral problems," said Sam Armer with Professional Counseling Specialties.

Sam Armer is a clinical psychotherapist, and has worked on these types of cases for years.

"You would have needed to have a doctor that monitored the child with medication, possibly. You would have to have a therapist involved to help train you, the parent, on how to manage the behavior, and to help with the child as well," said Armer.

People who know Jaime Day said she is a good mom, and that she did seek care for this young boy, who in there opinion has severe mental problems. But, does the boy's possible behavior problems justify the way he was allegedly treated?"

Of course it doesn't!! This is most obviously a child that required a therapeutic placement. My guess is that either the family did not want to admit that they could not control him appropriately and kept the abuse highly secret or they were keeping him to continue to receive a stipend (such as SSI).

We're seeing more and more abuse cases these days involving children who should not be living in regular family homes as their individual needs are too great. However, to access a voluntary foster placement for that child, the family must give up the SSI. That's not easy to do in this economy.

Many don't know that a child living in his birth home can qualify for a SSI payment at approximately $400-600/month. Being that it is a means based program, though, the family will lose the funds if their income is too high or if the child leaves the home.

If that same child is placed in a therapeutic foster home trained to deal with tremendously challenged children, the foster parent will receive the SSI payment and an ISP (Individualized Service Payment) specially negotiated for the needs of that child. Depending on the state, that payment can be anywhere from a few hundred dollars up to several thousands or more per month. That's hard for families to accept sometimes. Often times, specialized foster families even have more access to services and respite for the child. It's an imperfect program as we are talking about children, families, and very special needs. JMO

I have a friend who is really close to this family and to the person who turned them in as well and she said that she kept him hidden so that no one would know what was going on.

like i said they turn it around on the kid........look at the scum that chained there daughter to the bed (who then died in a fire as a result) they were still badmouthing her even after they murdered her (and then they were acquitted)

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=12111226

LAKE CHARLES, LA (WAFB) - A Lake Charles woman is facing child cruelty charges after her 9-year-old stepson was found malnourished and living in filthy conditions. The boy weighed 38 pounds when he was removed from the home and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Jaime B. Day, 27, was charged with 25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile and two counts of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. Her bond has been set at $5.5 million. The boy's father, Murry Dalton Day, 30, is facing five counts of cruelty to a juvenile and one count of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. His bond has been set at $2 million.

I am at the point where the punishment in these cases should fit the crime. Let's leave stepmom and daddy tied up with a dog leash on a soiled matress and beat the hell out of them.
Sad side note, the child was also abused by biological mom and was removed from her custody 6 years ago making him 3 at the time. He has known nothing but cruelty and abuse. 9 years old and weighs 38 pounds. My 4 year old weighs more than him.
ETA, there are 2 links at the bottom of the story also concerning this incident, read at your own risk.

For the record, forgive me if this exists I seached for her name on here but couldn't find a thread but thought I had seen such a topic a few days back. Who knows, maybe I am going crazy!

bumping this up cause an identical new thread just came up

Thanks! I swore I saw something like this, I guess I misspelled her name, since nothing came of my search.
I find it horrific that this child has only known abuse and cruelty his entire life. Shame on the stepmom, mother, father, and the *advertiser censored**es defending them.

its ok. for a second i feared it was two seperat cases lol

I'm sorry guys. I didn't realize a thread had already been started for this case.

I have been so sad thinking about this little boy today. I can't get the thought out of my head of him watching his family eat while he was starving. He is the same age as my son. How can anyone be evil enough to do this to an innocent child?

They were waiting for him to die.
I wonder if the reporter tried child welfare first or if she went straight to LE ?

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=12111226

LAKE CHARLES, LA (WAFB) - A Lake Charles woman is facing child cruelty charges after her 9-year-old stepson was found malnourished and living in filthy conditions. The boy weighed 38 pounds when he was removed from the home and taken to a hospital for treatment.
Jaime B. Day, 27, was charged with 25 counts of cruelty to a juvenile and two counts of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. Her bond has been set at $5.5 million. The boy's father, Murry Dalton Day, 30, is facing five counts of cruelty to a juvenile and one count of second-degree cruelty to a juvenile. His bond has been set at $2 million.

I am at the point where the punishment in these cases should fit the crime. Let's leave stepmom and daddy tied up with a dog leash on a soiled matress and beat the hell out of them.
Sad side note, the child was also abused by biological mom and was removed from her custody 6 years ago making him 3 at the time. He has known nothing but cruelty and abuse. 9 years old and weighs 38 pounds. My 4 year old weighs more than him.
ETA, there are 2 links at the bottom of the story also concerning this incident, read at your own risk.

The article after this one doesn't confirm that he was taken from mom for abuse so IDK. Maybe it was just another stupid judge that based his decision on what dad said about mom.
I wonder who the source was in the other article or if it was just hearsay?

http://www.katc.com/news/child-abuse-update-jaime-day-files-for-divorce/page/5/

The Department of Social Services was unable to comment on specifics regarding this case, however DSS was able to confirm that Murry Day was awarded custody in some sort of a custody settlement with the boy's biological mother. We were unable to reach the boy's biological mother for comment Wednesday.

We know he has gained 17 lbs-how else is he doing??? Because these two adults are going away for a long long time to be forgotten-Little man is living testimony to how resilient people can be.

I'm just trying to find updated info on a few threads I started. This one makes me sick...

Bond was reduced...

Article from April:

http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12280132

Bond reduced for stepmother and father accused of starving boy
Posted: Apr 08, 2010 5:09 PM CDT
Updated: Apr 09, 2010 6:25 PM CDT

Snipped:

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - A bond hearing was held on Friday morning for the stepmother and father of a boy who was found living in deplorable conditions in early February.

Bond was reduced for both Jaime Day and Murry Day on Friday. Murry's bond was reduced to $120,000 from $2 million. Jaime's bond was reduced to $250,000 from $5.5 million. According to the District Attorney's office, $200,000 of Jaime's bond has to be made in a commercial form. Fifty-thousand dollars can be made by her parents.

Although the bonds have been fixed, it is up to the defendants to post the bond. If the two do get out, there are still stipulations regarding the children.

"One of the stipulations of the bond is that she can only have supervised visitation with the two younger children," said Alberto DePuy, assistant District Attorney.

A Calcasieu grand jury indicted the two on Thursday.

Jamie Brooks Day was indicted on three counts of second degree cruelty to a juvenile and five counts of cruelty to a juvenile.

The boy's father, Murry Dalton Day, was indicted on one count of second degree cruelty to a juvenile and two counts of cruelty to a juvenile.

WTH?????
Visitation with the children???? You've got to be kidding me.

Still looking for more info on this one. These two should never be around children again EVER.

JMO

lets see they nearly killed him, are going to be on trial for it, and yet get visitation rights to him?

ummmmmmmmmmmmm wtf

At least bond is $5.5 million. She aint going anywhere.
Father's is set at $2 million. He aint goint anywhere either.

The leash to keep him in his room has my blood boiling.

My blood's boiling too. Everyday, all over the country our children are abused, abandoned, neglected, kidnapped and murdered. If we put all the perpetrators to death(just speculating), would we even have enough good mature adults with common sense and open minds and hearts to raise the kids who would be left? I don't know anymore. cocolafay

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back