It is just heart-wrenching and I very much hope it gets solved. Her father seemed like he was so lovely as well (I just found out that he passed).
The reason that I am so keen on that video footage of BIL is that it appears the case may hinge on this as if it is truly untampered footage of him in the residence all day then it points in a very different direction. It says that entire day BK was on video footage at the home (of his parents).
Other things: "He (co-worker) also claimed that Krentel took air conditioners out of vehicles that had been acquired for a now-defunct ambulance service and destroyed district property by removing identifying stickers from his take-home vehicle"
Why would you do this? It is probably unrelated but still a bit dodgy.
Re GPS bracelet: But after his wife's death, Steve Krentel called state Probation and Parole officials to ask about it, and was told that the feature had never been activated.
The video surveillance cameras Steve Krentel had installed to monitor the entrance to their property also had stopped working the day before Nanette was killed.
It appears possible that one of the brothers did it and tried to play it off as the other but it is not an equal probability.
Who had the most opportunity - someone inside the home or outside?
Two separate camera systems fail.
SK was accounted for all day in his work office, also went out to lunch at Outback with people - but I think this is kind of irrelevant.
BIL "threatened to set the house on fire, rape me and kill us"
If BK did it alone, the shooting could only have been that day because of SK's comings and goings, ironically as SK was there in the morning he almost alibis his brother in a roundabout way as it could only have been that day and that day there is the footage of BIL in residence the entire day (this is why the footage is so important).
If SK did it, the shooting could have been the night before (e.g. FB conversation "just stopped") or that morning, which then involves an impersonator driving the Mercedes to McDonalds and also faking phone calls, or it involves an outsider (later) on that day in tandem with various things being disabled/not working the night before e.g. disable the surveillance and leave a window open. Either way, I think the likelihood that is second person is involved is quite high. If he did it alone he would either have to impersonate her or do it all after and he is meant to be completely alibi'd for that time period so it seems unlikely. These people WILL talk under the right set of circumstances and you never know when that's coming.
Questions for me:
- Given all of the threats and his experience why did SK not ensure it was shut off as a crime scene? Was he in shock?
- BK said "I loved her, she was like a sister I didn't have" in a telephone interview. This is absolute BS as many family members corroborated the threats and problems between BK and N.
- NINE surveillance cameras and DVR had been doused with accelerant
- If BK had approached the house how would N have reacted?
- SK said the person in the McDonalds video is undeniably her, the family are not sure.
- The gun that was used was found next to her, would BK have taken it with him?
- Who would stand to benefit the most from this?
- The location of N's body was the bathroom/master bedroom. If there was an intruder or break-in would she have been in there?
- She had guns everywhere, in the nightstand etc but from what I understand none were fired.
- If it does not involve SK or BK directly and is an outsider, then the 10:03am call to Kmart to refill the prescription could be legitimate, the phone call placed at 1:30pm to an unknown recipient who said they did not know N or SK does not seem legitimate to me, it seems odd. So the outsider could have entered, committed the crime and left - but this is only really possible with the cooperation of someone inside the home prior to this event to disable certain features the house has, or an incredible coincidence/someone tampering from the outside.
I find it so truly sad that with all of this incredibly security she STILL wasn't truly safe.
Was this a long standing threat or a near perfect crime of opportunity piggybacked onto that? BK is a career criminal with a history of getting caught. Was he able to pull off a 'near perfect crime'? Did he take advantage of his non-functioning GPS and was he able to tamper with his video footage? Did some random person manage to tamper with the security system and get in? I guess I want to leave with the words of SK:
"I firmly believe that the only thing that is going to solve this case is going to be somebody talking. Somebody knows something. I have to believe that one day the investigation will reveal what truly transpired. I don't believe that there is any secret that can't come out."