Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

@starlightstarbright great point about the what type of substances were used after he left the bar - could be something that makes you super alert and out and about all night - imo
I think it’s pretty clear he was using alcohol but anything else is speculation, if I were going to speculate without evidence cocaine is often combined with alcohol, the upper keeps one going so one can consume more alcohol without passing out enabling someone to be walking around awake, more drunk than they would be capable of without it.
It’s a very common and popular party mix among middle/upper class weekend experimenters (cocaine is expensive) but puts a lot of stress on the heart.
Add to that, cheap street fentanyl and meth is now being cut into cocaine making it even more dangerous, they’re basically selling a cheap form of speedball (cocaine and heroin mix) to unknowing users.
Hard drugs are so dangerous for people, not only regular users but also those who rarely use them as they have no awareness of their own limits and you never know what you’re getting.
You can be gone in a heartbeat.

This new information from LE (thanks @Allabouttrial) seems to contradict what we heard before.

NM left Happy’s (or somewhere, actually doesn’t specify Happy’s) at 10:30pm (not 11:30 as previously reported) and was at the Greyhound bus station an hour later (11:30). And then was seen several other places up until 4:30am.

IIRC previously we thought he wasn’t at the bus station til much later (2:30am?), but sounds like he went there quite directly. And then where he actually went after that is a bit unclear? Until perhaps this sighting with the person in the video heading back towards downtown about 4:30am? That is quite a long stretch to have been somewhere in the middle of the night.

I wonder if any of the reported time discrepancies might stem from the fact that Nathan lived in GA (EST), while Baton Rouge is CST? There could be confusion between LE, NM's family in GA, NM's coworker (not sure what time zone he resides in) and press coverage (or various people talking to the press) in LA, GA, and anywhere else the story might be covered.

MOO.

I wonder if any of the reported time discrepancies might stem from the fact that Nathan lived in GA (EST), while Baton Rouge is CST? There could be confusion between LE, NM's family in GA, NM's coworker (not sure what time zone he resides in) and press coverage (or various people talking to the press) in LA, GA, and anywhere else the story might be covered.

MOO.
I agree with you because Tim Miller stated 10:30pm is when he left the bar which is 11:30pm Georgia time as originally reported.

BRPD seeking man for questioning in Nathan Millard case

The Baton Rouge Police Department (BRPD) plans to release a photo of a man they want to speak to about case of Georgia businessman Nathan Millard. The photo is expected to be released later today.

“There’s an individual that we’re looking for and we would like to have conversations with that individual,” said Baton Rouge Police Sgt. L’Jean McKneely. “So, we’re going to ask the public to assist us in finding this person who we know has information surrounding that particular case.”

BRPD clears air around ‘no foul play’ statement in Nathan Millard investigation​

“Foul play was pertaining to the way that he died, not to the entire incident as a whole. He didn’t die from blunt force trauma, he didn’t die from stabbing, and he didn’t die from shooting,” said Sgt. McKneely.

So there’s no foul play suspected in his actual death. But police still do want to find the person who dumped his body and that person could be charged for something like illegal disposal of human remains.

“No, we cannot. This is still pertaining to the case and when we interview certain people we want to know what they know,” McKneely added.

Somehow I don't believe Nathan would willingly hang out with that guy.
Walking down the road with some random is one thing, but this sounds like a different kind of contact.
Hopefully they'll find him soon.
<modsnip> if you're looking hard enough for drugs, you'll hang out with *anyone*.

Last edited by a moderator:

BRPD clears air around ‘no foul play’ statement in Nathan Millard investigation​

“Foul play was pertaining to the way that he died, not to the entire incident as a whole. He didn’t die from blunt force trauma, he didn’t die from stabbing, and he didn’t die from shooting,” said Sgt. McKneely.

So there’s no foul play suspected in his actual death. But police still do want to find the person who dumped his body and that person could be charged for something like illegal disposal of human remains.

“No, we cannot. This is still pertaining to the case and when we interview certain people we want to know what they know,” McKneely added.
The "no foul play" quote has bothered me all week. When I hear it, I picture the police commissioner piloting a small airplane trailing a banner that says "we're soft on crime"

The "no foul play" quote has bothered me all week. When I hear it, I picture the police commissioner piloting a small airplane trailing a banner that says "we're soft on crime"
Yeah I've been wondering how they can assume he willingly took any drugs, if an OD is what they believe happened. We've only heard about his previous alcohol problems, not drugs.
I hope the family will get a second autopsy done, I've seen a lot of people questioning that statement.

Is the current speculation that he made some new "friends", went with them to ingest/snort/inhale/shoot up something that turned out to be lethal and those new "friends" need to dispose of a body, STAT?
I looked at the transcript and earlier articles and I don't see anywhere LE mentioning anything about drugs or an OD. It's been stated as fact and usually "facts" on here means verified by LE, MSM or known/ verified insiders. It's made it confusing. imo.
I don't see why he would go buy drugs when he used to have a drinking problem and alcohol is much easier (and legal) to get.
I guess my only speculation after seeing this new guy is he may have been taken advantage of due to being drunk, possibly coerced into taking something but idk.

I looked at the transcript and earlier articles and I don't see anywhere LE mentioning anything about drugs or an OD. It's been stated as fact and usually "facts" on here means verified by LE, MSM or known/ verified insiders. It's made it confusing. imo.
I don't see why he would go buy drugs when he used to have a drinking problem and alcohol is much easier (and legal) to get.
I guess my only speculation after seeing this new guy is he may have been taken advantage of due to being drunk, possibly coerced into taking something but idk.
The speculation about NM being a former drug addict came about because he apparently "liked" (unsure if this is the right word for it) something on his LinkedIn. Other than that, I haven't seen anything in MSM or from LE that the man was a former drug user or former addict or anything like that. Which makes his cause of death even more bizarre, to me.

He could have also had a heart attack, a stroke, who knows. It does happen in young people (usually an aneurysm or a head injury). He was reportedly drunk. He could have fallen down and hit his head. We really don't have enough information to know how he died.

He could have also had a heart attack, a stroke, who knows. It does happen in young people (usually an aneurysm or a head injury). He was reportedly drunk. He could have fallen down and hit his head. We really don't have enough information to know how he died.
True, but someone wrapped him in plastic, rolled him up in carpet and then toted that bundle to where he was dumped. That was likely a two or three person task and that task almost certainly required a car. Imaginary conversation: " DUDE, LISTEN. We've got a situation! Are you gassed up? Get over here STAT! Bring that plastic from your garage!"

Calling 911 was obviously not an option. Whoever did that was desperate to be rid of a corpse and knew the basics of how to do it (watched TV shows, had murdered and/or disposed of a corpse before.

Alcohol is a disinhibitor + a central nervous system depressant. NM likely was seriously drunk, for starters, so far beyond the realm of rational behavior/reasonable judgement/good decisions.

I find it remarkably sad how many disappearances/deaths discussed on this website are in the context getting drunk and leaving a bar.

Last edited:
I was thinking that about heart issues etc too, but wouldn't that have been noticed during the autopsy?
I don't think he fell since there were apparently no signs of trauma on his body.
Not sure I 100% trust this investigation after seeing they only took one tiny corner of the rug into evidence, just hoping another independent autopsy can be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back