Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

True, but someone wrapped him in plastic, rolled him up in carpet and then toted that bundle to where he was dumped. That was likely a two or three person task and that task almost certainly required a car. Imaginary conversation: " DUDE, LISTEN. We've got a situation! Are you gassed up? Get over here STAT! Bring that plastic from your garage!"

I understand. I'm speaking only to the fact that drugs vs murder are not the only possibilities here. He could have died without a crime being committed in the death itself. Obviously, the coverup of the death is a crime.

I was thinking that about heart issues etc too, but wouldn't that have been noticed during the autopsy?
I don't think he fell since there were apparently no signs of trauma on his body.
Not sure I 100% trust this investigation after seeing they only took one tiny corner of the rug into evidence, just hoping another independent autopsy can be done.

Yes, there would be discussion of heart/stroke on autopsy. It's also important to note that even if we talked about drugs, OD isn't the only way drugs kill. Drugs can also cause a heart attack or stroke.

The location where he was found looks like a place where homeless people might gather seeking protection from rain, heat, wind, cold.

Obviously, he died while in the company of someone.

In Louisiana, if you provide/sell drugs to someone and they die as a result, you can be charged with a homicide.

I think he died right there, of an accidental fentanyl dose or even alcohol poisoning, and was wrapped in things left there by homeless folks.

No one will ever be able to ID the supplier.

He lost his wallet and his phone (or was pick-pocketed) but how did this person get his PIN number? Was someone standing next to him, watching him withdraw money?

The location where he was found looks like a place where homeless people might gather seeking protection from rain, heat, wind, cold.

Obviously, he died while in the company of someone.

In Louisiana, if you provide/sell drugs to someone and they die as a result, you can be charged with a homicide.

I think he died right there, of an accidental fentanyl dose or even alcohol poisoning, and was wrapped in things left there by homeless folks.

No one will ever be able to ID the supplier.

He lost his wallet and his phone (or was pick-pocketed) but how did this person get his PIN number? Was someone standing next to him, watching him withdraw money?
I agree. I doubt he was transported to where his body was found. It really isn't that complicated & involves no conspiracy IMO.

I do wonder what was going on in his life that caused him to put himself in such danger on this trip. Was this behavior out of character?

I also wonder what his friend he met re: the construction project knows about NM's state of mind that night.

Leaving behind a wife, two teens & a young daughter who depended on him is so sad. Many victims are suffering now.

JMO

I agree. I doubt he was transported to where his body was found. It really isn't that complicated & involves no conspiracy IMO.

I do wonder what was going on in his life that caused him to put himself in such danger on this trip. Was this behavior out of character?

I also wonder what his friend he met re: the construction project knows about NM's state of mind that night.

Leaving behind a wife, two teens & a young daughter who depended on him is so sad. Many victims are suffering now.

JMO
If he passed where he was found, what was the point of wrapping him in plastic and a carpet?
Generally (and it's creepy that this is sort of common knowledge), wrapping a body is done for ease of transport.

If he passed where he was found, what was the point of wrapping him in plastic and a carpet?
Generally (and it's creepy that this is sort of common knowledge), wrapping a body is done for ease of transport.
To hide the body so it would look like trash. It worked until the body started smelling.
Moo

I understand. I'm speaking only to the fact that drugs vs murder are not the only possibilities here. He could have died without a crime being committed in the death itself. Obviously, the coverup of the death is a crime.
I was wondering about this. It might be possible he died and maybe someone, possibly someone homeless, or on the street, put him behind the funeral home, and covered him up, just as a weird act of kindness. I know that sounds dumb but it's the only no-foul-play scene that I could come up with.

ETA (small phone small keys lead to typos... sorry)

There are several signs that would be obvious before toxicology
Asphyxia
Speaking of physical autopsy, apparently there are physical signs of a potential drug overdose, mainly pulmonary and/or cerebral edema (water in the lungs/brain). When these are seen in a case of a person with no health problems, tox tests usually confirm OD.
Common Findings and Predictive Measures of Opioid Overdoses

In an article linked upthread, family was told it was 'probably an overdose'. I believe the autopsy revealed these signs of an OD, and nothing else (heart attack, stroke, everything can be detected by experienced pathologists.)

JMO

Speaking of physical autopsy, apparently there are physical signs of a potential drug overdose, mainly pulmonary and/or cerebral edema (water in the lungs/brain). When these are seen in a case of a person with no health problems, tox tests usually confirm OD.
Common Findings and Predictive Measures of Opioid Overdoses

In an article linked upthread, family was told it was 'probably an overdose'. I believe the autopsy revealed these signs of an OD, and nothing else (heart attack, stroke, everything can be detected by experienced pathologists.)

JMO
I agree, this is the only explanation for a police statement of a suspected drug overdose and “no foul play” at this point in the investigation

Link for this info please?

Hours after announcing his arrest, a BRPD spokesperson confirmed that the car Perkins had been driving was found burned Monday. It's unclear whether he faces any additional charges related to the destroyed vehicle.

Hours after announcing his arrest, a BRPD spokesperson confirmed that the car Perkins had been driving was found burned Monday. It's unclear whether he faces any additional charges related to the destroyed vehicle.

Why would anyone burn up their car? Unless it was to destroy evidence.

That article doesn't say the car was found near where the body was found.
I'm hoping we have an approved source link for that info?
That's pretty specific, and if true, pretty dang obvious why it was torched.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back