Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

I have a question and I apologize if it has already been discussed and I missed it.

So, the last time Millard was seen was in the early morning hours of February 23rd - roughly 13 days before his body was found.

The arrest warrant (i think - or maybe it was just multiple articles) states that Perkins drove around with the body in the trunk for UP TO 4 days before he dumped the body sometime on March 5th.

So does that mean that Millard didn’t actually die until sometime around March 1? Or that’s just when he put the body in the trunk?

I have a question and I apologize if it has already been discussed and I missed it.

So, the last time Millard was seen was in the early morning hours of February 23rd - roughly 13 days before his body was found.

The arrest warrant (i think - or maybe it was just multiple articles) states that Perkins drove around with the body in the trunk for UP TO 4 days before he dumped the body sometime on March 5th.

So does that mean that Millard didn’t actually die until sometime around March 1 ? Or that’s just when he put the body in the trunk ?
Bbm.
If that's how it happened, how awful.
:(
I was thinking an accidental OD, but after all of this time, would it be possible that there was foul play but no way to prove it ?
Imo.

So does that mean that Millard didn’t actually die until sometime around March 1? Or that’s just when he put the body in the trunk?

I may have to re-read it. But to me it sounded like Nathan died wherever he was, and the guy was driving around with his body in the trunk for several days, showing it off to some people (verified by CCTV is the latest I saw), then dumped it when it started to smell too much. Just gross to think people like this are walking around freely on the same earth as the rest of us :(

I may have to re-read it. But to me it sounded like Nathan died wherever he was, and the guy was driving around with his body in the trunk for several days, showing it off to some people (verified by CCTV is the latest I saw), then dumped it when it started to smell too much. Just gross to think people like this are walking around freely on the same earth as the rest of us :(
Makes you wonder if this was his first dead body! :confused: Which is a horrible thought!

Makes you wonder if this was his first dead body! :confused: Which is a horrible thought!

Not sure if you've seen his FB profile or if I can link it, but he's a terrifying looking dude.
Serious lack of respect and empathy for other human beings going on there.
Wouldn't surprise me if he did something similar before...

I guess I now know what the local news meant when they published the timeline and said some details were omitted out of respect for the family.
I'm so glad the media is being respectful to Nathan's family while still keeping the public updated, and I wish the same level of respect would be afforded to all victims and their families. We didn't learn of Nathan's struggles with addiction until weeks into his disappearance which IMO is at least partially why there was sustained public attention and media coverage of his case. Unfortunately, in so many cases, particularly ones in which the victim is a member of a marginalized community, the media is quick to report on all the unsavory details which can inadvertently cast the victim in a negative light.

I'm so glad the media is being respectful to Nathan's family while still keeping the public updated, and I wish the same level of respect would be afforded to all victims and their families. We didn't learn of Nathan's struggles with addiction until weeks into his disappearance which IMO is at least partially why there was sustained public attention and media coverage of his case. Unfortunately, in so many cases, particularly ones in which the victim is a member of a marginalized community, the media is quick to report on all the unsavory details which can inadvertently cast the victim in a negative light.
Thank you for posting this. The exact thought crossed my mind, but you wrote it better than I could have!

Coming from a former addict, it's sad when addiction struggles come out because then that's all people seem to remember. It's hard and it's a struggle. People accuse you of using when you actually aren't and it makes you want to use. You get thoughts of, "if I'm busting my as s this hard to stay clean, and people are still accusing me of using, then I might as well be using". It's hard and I feel for the guy. Just because he relapsed doesn't mean he deserves to have his body taken on a tour of Baton Rouge and then left in a field while his family has no idea where he is.

Coming from a former addict, it's sad when addiction struggles come out because then that's all people seem to remember. It's hard and it's a struggle. People accuse you of using when you actually aren't and it makes you want to use. You get thoughts of, "if I'm busting my as s this hard to stay clean, and people are still accusing me of using, then I might as well be using". It's hard and I feel for the guy. Just because he relapsed doesn't mean he deserves to have his body taken on a tour of Baton Rouge and then left in a field while his family has no idea where he is.

True, true, true.
Thank you for posting this.
The constant reminders of someone's using is a huge reason why people go use again, and then very often don't wake up because it's been too long. And these same aholes say naaah, the drugs did it. No. Their constant shaming and non-support did it, or they wouldn't have gone back.
I'm glad you're in a better place now <3

Mysterious phone call to Nathan Millard's family raises new questions about his death

However, search warrants seeking the phone records of several people possibly linked to the case explained that Millard's wife had two bizarre phone calls in the days after Millard's body was recovered.

One of those calls happened March 15 when Millard's wife dialed a Baton Rouge-based number that had repeatedly tried to call Millard's phone — which was found on a sidewalk in downtown — after his disappearance. She said a female voice answered and only said "yea" before quickly hanging up.

A day later, Millard's wife received a call from a blocked number. The mystery caller, believed to have been a woman, reportedly claimed that Perkins and other unnamed conspirators picked up Millard with the intent of giving him "bad drugs" and robbing him. The caller went on to allege that Perkins initially dumped the body at a different location "near a railroad track and dumpster" and then had someone help him move the remains to the lot along Scenic Highway after learning that a reward was being offered.

Mysterious phone call to Nathan Millard's family raises new questions about his death

However, search warrants seeking the phone records of several people possibly linked to the case explained that Millard's wife had two bizarre phone calls in the days after Millard's body was recovered.

One of those calls happened March 15 when Millard's wife dialed a Baton Rouge-based number that had repeatedly tried to call Millard's phone — which was found on a sidewalk in downtown — after his disappearance. She said a female voice answered and only said "yea" before quickly hanging up.

A day later, Millard's wife received a call from a blocked number. The mystery caller, believed to have been a woman, reportedly claimed that Perkins and other unnamed conspirators picked up Millard with the intent of giving him "bad drugs" and robbing him. The caller went on to allege that Perkins initially dumped the body at a different location "near a railroad track and dumpster" and then had someone help him move the remains to the lot along Scenic Highway after learning that a reward was being offered.
That poor woman! She’s gone through hell!

So was this before his client sent the phone back to the company?

And why is this just now coming out?

And did the wife tell LE about these phone calls?

I'm confused

Last edited:

The caller went on to allege that Perkins initially dumped the body at a different location "near a railroad track and dumpster" and then had someone help him move the remains to the lot along Scenic Highway after learning that a reward was being offered.

So, putting two + two together, this could be the answer to allintheroe's question. Perkins could have first dumped Millard's body at one location sometime around Feb 25-27. And then later he and/or someone else moved it to the funeral home.

And it may also explain the rug. After Millard's body was found, people were questioning why use both plastic sheeting and a rug, and also what are the chances someone would happen to have an extra rug handy. But if he went back later he may have taken the rug to assist with moving the remains.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back