Found Deceased LA - Nathan Millard, 42, GA resident on business trip in Baton Rouge, last seen leaving pub, phone found, debit card used, 23 Feb 2023

BATON ROUGE, La. — A Walton County man disappeared in Baton Rouge, officials say, while he was on a business trip.

Baton Rouge police said they are looking for 42-year-old Nathan Millard, who was last seen on Feb. 23 around 11:30 p.m. at Happy’s Irish Pub on Third Street in downtown Baton Rouge.

Millard’s wife told Channel 2′s Mark Winnie that he attended a college basketball game Thursday, went to a few places around town and was last seen leaving the pub.

Officers found Millard’s phone four blocks from his hotel and said his debit card had been used.

Millard is five feet nine inches and weighs 180 pounds. He was last seen wearing a green baseball cap, black shirt and blue jeans.

Anyone with information regarding Millard’s whereabouts is asked to contact the Baton Rouge Missing Persons Division at 225-389-3853.
video:
View attachment 405675
Have the police looked for any camera footage? They are in use almost everywhere these days

I'm not shocked. I am satisfied as a member of society that the truth was uncovered but I have to wonder if his wife and kids wouldn't have been happier if he just had disappeared and it remained unsolved.

I'm sure his wife definitely wasn't expecting the details as to what her husband did on the last night of his life.

I'm not shocked. I am satisfied as a member of society that the truth was uncovered but I have to wonder if his wife and kids wouldn't have been happier if he just had disappeared and it remained unsolved.

Just my opinion, but I would rather know the truth, rather than spend the rest of my life wondering if he was alive or not.
If I thought he might still be "out there somewhere", I'd put my life on hold, waiting for him to come home safely.

Knowing the truth, even though I would be devastated (and furious, to be honest), I think it would be easier to move on with my life, once the initial tsunami of emotions had calmed down. That's just me, though.

I can't even imagine what his wife and family are going through, especially with the details getting worse and worse. :(

okay- I just have to say his poor wife and family.
Not gonna lie, my husband travels for work and I got mad at HIM for Nathans decisions LMAO.
Its awful this happened to him, and he made some deadly mistakes.
but I can't stop thinking about the CRAZY emotions and grief she is going through right now. I would feel completely betrayed.

okay- I just have to say his poor wife and family.
Not gonna lie, my husband travels for work and I got mad at HIM for Nathans decisions LMAO.
Its awful this happened to him, and he made some deadly mistakes.
but I can't stop thinking about the CRAZY emotions and grief she is going through right now. I would feel completely betrayed.

I would probably throw up

This thread has made me so sad. The damage of drugs and addiction to this man and the horrors it must have caused his family. I can’t even imagine what his family has had to face. My prayers are with them and my hope is that they can put this past them.

The accounts from both suspects seem a little self-serving to me. IMO, all of the claimed events could have happened without NM ever intending to do drugs, asking for "white girls", having sex, and/or willingly handing over his money & credit card.

I believe that he asked to be taken somewhere safe. My internal jury is still out on the rest of the details.

The accounts from both suspects seem a little self-serving to me. IMO, all of the claimed events could have happened without NM ever intending to do drugs, asking for "white girls", having sex, and/or willingly handing over his money & credit card.

I believe that he asked to be taken somewhere safe. My internal jury is still out on the rest of the details.
I feel absolutely terrible for his wife and children ... but I think too much points in the direction of his making these choices willingly, at least up to a point. You don't ask around a bus station for "something to make [you] feel better" and "a girl to bring back to [your] room" if you're looking for a glass of warm milk and a bedtime story. His tragic end should serve as a cautionary tale about the dangers of addiction and how even alcohol, which is legal, can kickstart a very slippery slope of awful decisions. Sending hope for peace and healing to his family, friends, and colleagues.

I have a brother who could go like this tomorrow after being clean for almost a year now. I wouldn’t focus on that day. I would focus on the months of clarity we as a family have finally had. His family seems to have had years. Hopefully they are able to turn off all of the noice and focus on those days.

I feel absolutely terrible for his wife and children ... but I think too much points in the direction of his making these choices willingly, at least up to a point. You don't ask around a bus station for "something to make [you] feel better" and "a girl to bring back to [your] room" if you're looking for a glass of warm milk and a bedtime story. His tragic end should serve as a cautionary tale about the dangers of addiction and how even alcohol, which is legal, can kickstart a very slippery slope of awful decisions. Sending hope for peace and healing to his family, friends, and colleagues.

Agreed. He chose to start drinking knowing his own history which, while understandable, is sad and had horrific consequences. But at least one of the arrested individuals is lying, so I hesitate to take it all at face value. Yet.

I feel bad for them too. I’m sure she does know some of his past, I hope, and this is maybe not unusual behaviour if he was on something. But maybe she doesn’t. It would be hard to admit this behaviour to anyone especially someone we want to love us.
Life is complicated. We are all fallible. Honestly nothing surprises me anymore and I just hope that this maybe shows people how life can be and leads to more honesty.
I’m so sorry this happened and I hope his loved ones can focus on the good parts of his life, that far outweigh the not great parts.

I have a brother who could go like this tomorrow after being clean for almost a year now. I wouldn’t focus on that day. I would focus on the months of clarity we as a family have finally had. His family seems to have had years. Hopefully they are able to turn off all of the noice and focus on those days.
Yes, 100 percent. I lost my brother and sister both to addiction, in different ways. Their causes of death weren't similar at all (suicide for my brother, multiple organ failure for my sister), but the root cause of both was alcohol addiction. But I choose to remember them on their good days and not let their deaths define them. I'm sure his family will get there with time and support, but the national attention on the sordid aspects of their very personal tragedy cannot be helping.

I think that the worker at the bus station has no motive to lie about him asking for something to make him feel better and a girl to take back to his room. However I agree that the stories we are hearing from lifelong criminal scumbags about what transpired that night are most likely 90-100 percent false. I think Nathan, despite his addiction problems had to be very very VERY naive to seek these things out from total strangers. He just was thinking about his addictions and didn't even realize that he could become the victim of criminals. So yeah, they probably drugged him with something unknown to him with the intent of robbing him. They certainly weren't trying to help him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back