Found Deceased LA - Nevaeh Allen, 2, Belaire, Baton Rouge, 24 Sep 2021 *mother, stepfather arrested*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Fire Fox 2, Sep 24, 2021.

1. Mscree

Mscree Active Member

The same sad tale over and over each time an innocent child pays with their life. A different name, a tiny innocent-smiling face all taken in the same manner. Very tragic

Lyanna, bettyboop, Eloise and 17 others like this.

2. Shamrock1

Shamrock1 Well-Known Member

Unless LE implicates the mother, it’s not fair to assign blame to her. Gannon Stauch father is off-limits, for example. JMO.

3. jamicat

jamicat Well-Known Member

MOO: LE had some direct evidence that implicated stepdad and could arrest him without jeopardizing case. With Brian Laundries, may not be the case. Evidence may just be circumstantial and prosecutors could lose the case on technicalities if they jump the gun. They have to proceed very carefully. Also, Laundrie is not around to arrest and announcing a homicide charge might hinder chances of finding him. I’m sure that having a retained attorney overseeing the process is also making LE stay very much within the rules.

4. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Map of the location:

Google Maps

Google is saying it's under two hours, so probably not that tight.

LaborDayRN, alexwood, dcfi224 and 5 others like this.
  5. mommadukes

mommadukes Well-Known Member

Beautiful Neveah, I am so sorry that you were hurt by someone who was supposed to be taking care of you. RIP baby. :(

6. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

Somewhere up in heaven, I hope Nevaeh is being rocked by a great grandma or grampa.

7. evilwise

evilwise Unknown Member

If this all did happen during school hours, it was premeditated. I don't believe that someone could accidentally kill a kid, come up with a plan, drive two hours, dispose if the body and drive two hours back over the course of what, an 8 hour day? No, he was planning to kill her or at least planning what he would do if/when he killed her.

SUNchips, Wild Rose, HulaMum and 11 others like this.
  8. mpnola

mpnola Well-Known Member

Guess he didn't realize that Louisiana uses license plate readers on the interstate. They would 100% know he wasn't at home sleeping if he drove his car to Mississippi.

9. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

“There’s no way, where’s the proof, I need proof. There’s no way there’s no way she didn’t deserve this.”
    LANAYA CARDWELL, TWO-YEAR-OLD NEVAEH ALLEN’S MOTHER SAID.

Phillip Gardner, the mother’s boyfriend, has been arrested for his involvement in two-year-old Nevaeh Allen’s disappearance.

According to Baton Rouge Police Department, Gardner was arrested Saturday night and is now booked in East Baton Rouge Prison. Gardner has been charged with Unlawful Disposal of Remains and Obstruction of Justice.
    BREAKING: BRPD confirms body found in Mississippi is missing two-year-old | WJBF

Gardener has been booked under Illegal disposal of remains and obstruction of Justice, Baton Rouge Police Department (BRPD) stated on Sunday.

It is unknown at the moment whether Gardner has retained an attorney. Records at the East Baton Rouge Prison show that he remained under custody.
    Police Arrests Stepfather After Remains Of A Missing Two Year Old Is Found

10. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

so sorry for this that we see again and again. Just want to add that you speak the truth because IMO in most cases when last seen by step-father (can also add boyfriend to this) it doesn't end well. I never ever will understand this.

11. Fire Fox 2

Fire Fox 2 Well-Known Member

Seems the mom is from Houma. That’s literally
    i agree. It’s truly heartbreaking. Curious what the cause of death will be. It’s just horrible. I wonder if the kids ratted on him or if they had his license plate leaving the state and put pressure on him. Just sickening. Poor sweet girl.

Wild Rose, momsof3, Sincerely and 4 others like this.
  12. lizzied

lizzied Well-Known Member

there is a report on a news site that he changed his story. however, i am not sure it is verified and whether I can post news source or not. mods feel free to delete this post if this is against WS rules.

Wild Rose, alexwood and Marg from Oz like this.
  13. CTPDMom

CTPDMom Well-Known Member

I knew this would be the ending, but I'm still heartbroken.

That's a huge question, with no easy answers. There are so many factors. But for me it boils down to we don't support at risk young people enough. We have too many kids being raised in poverty and violence, and that begets poverty and violence unless the pattern is changed. And that's really hard to do without strong support systems. It's a terrible cycle.

14. imstilla.grandma

imstilla.grandma Believer of Miracles

15. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

From the article Imstilla.grandma posted
    Since when do we, as a society, dispose of the remains of a child like garbage instead of taking them to the hospital? Where are people getting the idea this is how you handle a situation like this? That this is acceptable and okay to do? This isn't the first time we've seen this behavior involving deceased or unresponsive children. People treat pets found in a similar conditions better than this. And being unresponsive doesn't mean a person is deceased.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...issing-louisiana-toddler-found-in-mississippi

Also, does anyone know if it's been verified Nevaeh was taken to breakfast before the mother was dropped off at work? Do they have video surveillance showing this? TIA.

16. modesty blaise

modesty blaise Well-Known Member

Found her unresponsive and he with all his medical degrees determined she was dead. I assume he believes the authorities will just send him on his merry way.

bettyboop, MsMarple, lizzied and 8 others like this.
  17. Amster

Amster Well-Known Member

Whenever there is a case involving missing kids being cared for by moms live in boyfriend…..I’ve learned to have no hope the child is alive. When will mothers learn? Evidently, this one had a job & boyfriend didn’t…..not too difficult to solve the puzzle in these cases. Sadly

MsMarple, Eloise, Wild Rose and 7 others like this.
  18. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

Amazing that he has at least three biological children, that we know of, who have survived his parenting. Yet, the one child under his watch who isn't his is "found unresponsive" (dead). I'm sure that she didn't become that way without "help."

MsMarple, lizzied, Eloise and 10 others like this.
  19. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

In this small study, it was found "in cases where stepfathers kill children in their family, they are equally likely to kill their genetic children as they are to kill their stepchildren."

Why Are Stepparents More Likely to Kill Their Children?

20. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

I feel obligated to point out that there are tens of thousands of fathers and stepfathers who are not offing their kids...

Lyanna, bettyboop, EmilyVan and 29 others like this.