Identified! LA - New Orleans, Body Found Under Burning Trash in Shipping Container, Jan 2018 - Cristina Prodan

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Body found after trash fire extinguished in New Orleans East[/h]
NEW ORLEANS, La — Firefighters found trash burning inside an old shipping container in the 8400 block of Old Gentilly Road around 9 p.m. Saturday.
After putting out the flames, firefighters found a body under a pile of tires and wooden pallets. Nearby neighbors said the dumping in the area got really bad about two years ago.
http://www.wdsu.com/article/body-found-after-trash-fire-extinguished/14776135

Body found after trash fire put out
Twenty-seven-year-old Cristina Prodan, of Edina, was reported missing by her mother on Jan. 5. Prodan's former boyfriend, 25-year-old Joseph Porter, was arrested by Arkansas State Police last week in Little Rock on suspicion of auto theft.

The Star Tribune reports that according to a criminal court document associated with the theft charges, Prodan's burned body was found in a shipping container in New Orleans on Jan. 6.

Last edited:
Hi @iulia, I don't see that quote when I click on the link provided.

ETA: Disregard, I found the same info in other articles.
This had to have been Cristina, her boyfriend was already convicted and sentenced for her murder.
Man sentenced to 20 years after murdering girlfriend, burning her body

Thread for Cristina: MN - MN - Cristina Prodan, 27, Edina, 5 January 2018 *Arrest*

Ugh, sorry, I had multiple tabs open and I picked the wrong one for the link. It was actually quoted from
Body of missing Minnesota woman found in New Orleans
Thanks for taking the time to post the links, I am very glad they caught her killer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back