LA - Karmeshia Thomas, 25, found dead in her big rig, New Orleans, Sept 2018

here is more media.

Mid-South woman mysteriously found dead at New Orleans truck stop; family demands answers

Family looking for answers after Mississippi woman found dead at New Orleans truck stop

from this link:

The woman's name is Karmeshia Thomas. Her mother Joyce is heartbroken.

"They say she was covered in blood," Joyce Thomas says.

The 25-year-old's body was found in a bunk inside of her big rig truck at the Mardi Gras Truck Stop.

Thomas says her daughter called from the truck stop's office on Sunday after her phone was stolen on Bourbon Street.

"Someone pick-pocketed her," Thomas says.

"When I came out we banged on the window, didn't get an answer, but we saw a lot of flies." the manager says.

Thomas wanted answers and says she called the coroner, who told her the body had been in the truck for more than a day.

She claims her daughter hadn't paid for her parking spot since Sunday and wonders why no one checked on her sooner.

I wonder how she managed to get to Boubon St. Did she drive the big rig, leave it somewhere downtown and then walk to Bourbon St. Or did she know someone who may have picked her up somewhere?

It will be interesting to see what the coroner's report says.

I wonder how she managed to get to Boubon St. Did she drive the big rig, leave it somewhere downtown and then walk to Bourbon St. Or did she know someone who may have picked her up somewhere?

It will be interesting to see what the coroner's report says.

from the article they said that she was inside the truck stop watching a game then left in an uber so maybe an uber?

I don't know why the mom would think she had been poisoned if she was covered in blood? sounds like foul play to me.
Maybe she had settled down for bed and got violently ill and was unable to call for help because she didn't have a phone.

Also, where did you read about the Uber driver? I can't find it.

Really sad. What a string of terrible "luck" if her telephone was lost/stolen and then she was murdered in unrelated incidents.

OTR trucking seems like such a dangerous job for a young woman. Without a phone she wouldn't have a way of calling for help when needed.

Was it by chance Karmeshia was attacked when she didn't have a phone with her, or did someone (e.g., a fellow trucker) set her up by taking her phone to leave her defenseless?

Thomas wanted answers and says she called the coroner, who told her the body had been in the truck for more than a day.

She claims her daughter hadn't paid for her parking spot since Sunday and wonders why no one checked on her sooner.
Could someone have paid for additional days for her spot in advance? Just thinking if the murder was premeditated, the perp may have done so to delay anyone finding her body which would allow time to leave the area before LE became involved. JMO

She could've used the truck's CB radio...

Really sad. What a string of terrible "luck" if her telephone was lost/stolen and then she was murdered in unrelated incidents.

OTR trucking seems like such a dangerous job for a young woman. Without a phone she wouldn't have a way of calling for help when needed.

Was it by chance Karmeshia was attacked when she didn't have a phone with her, or did someone (e.g., a fellow trucker) set her up by taking her phone to leave her defenseless?

She could've used the truck's CB radio...
True! It still seems like more than a coincidence that she'd be the victim of 2 crimes within a brief period of time. It's possible they're unrelated, but I have to wonder if the same person who stole her phone is the same person who killed her. Maybe once her killer attacked her in the truck, she had no chance to use the CB radio.

If Kameshia tried to fight her attacker off, his DNA should be in the truck. I hope LE can identify and find the perp.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back