LA LA - Old Metairie, Nassau Drive Jane Doe, WhtFem 15-16, dress, heeled shoes, business cards, Jul'79

OK...I'll take the plunge and call Jefferson parish for Nassau Jane Doe and Belle Chase John Doe (1975) but what do I say, how do I phrase this whilst they snort on the phone?

OK...I'll take the plunge and call Jefferson parish for Nassau Jane Doe and Belle Chase John Doe (1975) but what do I say, how do I phrase this whilst they snort on the phone?
It can be intimidating but I have faith in you. You'll be happy you called.

The few calls I've made have gone well. Make sure you have case numbers and basic info for each case handy.

I usually ask first to speak with someone in charge of missing/unidentified people. Sometimes the contact numbers don't lead directly to the person you need to speak with. Then tell them you've done some research and would like to see if the two could be compared. From there, it's a breeze. They usually do most of the talking ;) in my experience.

I hope this helps!! Thanks for taking the time. Feel free to message me if you have other questions about it.

Could Brenda Crowley be a possibility?
872DFNY - Brenda Cecelia Crowley
https://www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/12212?nav

DoeNetwork lists Brenda’s height as being between 5’4 - 5’6 and her weight as being between 110 - 130 lbs. However, NamUs specifies her height and weight as 5’5 and 120lbs which appears to be an exact match to that of Jane Doe. On DoeNetwork, Brenda’s eyes are described as blue/green that sometimes appears hazel and her hair as dark blonde/brown.

According to family, Brenda and her seven siblings had “run away from the family’s various Staten Island addresses at one time or another”. Brenda has not been seen or heard from since March 1979 (however date of last contact is only an estimation). Interestingly, the family thought that her mother had filed a missing person's report with the police, but later learned that was not the case, so a report was filed with the New York Police Department's Missing Persons Squad in Manhattan in 2007. This may explain why the UID did not match any missing person reports at the time.

Last edited:
Tina has been submitted to Doe Net. I included a link to this thread since the UID has no NamUs profile. Also, to give credit where credit is due. ;)

I am considering submitting Brenda Crowley as a potential match. However, I cannot seem to find a DoeNetwork page for UID unless I am missing something? Please would you be able to advise how to submit on DoeNetwork as I am unsure what our UID’s case number / case file link etc. is. Any guidance is much appreciated :) thank you.

I am considering submitting Brenda Crowley as a potential match. However, I cannot seem to find a DoeNetwork page for UID unless I am missing something? Please would you be able to advise how to submit on DoeNetwork as I am unsure what our UID’s case number / case file link etc. is. Any guidance is much appreciated :) thank you.

I figured it out in the end :D I ended up linking this thread in the section where it asked for UID’s case number and case file link, and specified that Doe isn’t listed on Doe Network. I have already had an email back from Mary, the Match Coordinator at Doe Network:

Hello Louisa, I cannot find any NAMUS nor any law enforcement website that is listing this Jane Doe. I will ask our Louisiana researcher to see if this young woman is still unidentified. I will add her to our list to be reviewed subject to our being able to confirm that she is still unidentified.

Should I receive any further updates, I will be sure to post them here :)

I figured it out in the end :D I ended up linking this thread in the section where it asked for UID’s case number and case file link, and specified that Doe isn’t listed on Doe Network. I have already had an email back from Mary, the Match Coordinator at Doe Network:

Hello Louisa, I cannot find any NAMUS nor any law enforcement website that is listing this Jane Doe. I will ask our Louisiana researcher to see if this young woman is still unidentified. I will add her to our list to be reviewed subject to our being able to confirm that she is still unidentified.

Should I receive any further updates, I will be sure to post them here :)

I was asking myself the same. Is this girl still unidentified? I looked at this site and I couldn't find her listed as an UID but also not on the closed/Identified pages.

Unidentified Persons Search - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People
Closed Cases - LA Repository for Unidentified & Missing People

I also checked the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office, but there are no UID's listed. Only MPs.

Very mysterious. Maybe the Doe Network researcher comes back with something. Thanks @luulabobss for getting this ball rolling.

Luulabobss & Bit of Hope thank you for trying to figuring out if she identified.
Even if she is, I wonder that her murder is still unsolved?

I found an unsolved case from Vernon Parish, LA (around 250 miles from Jefferson Parish) where a teenage girl was stabbed to death in april 1980.
Mary Darlene Howard. A description of the crime:

Mary Darlene’s remains were found 04/27/80 in a wooded area on West Boundary Road in the Sandy Hill area.2 She was stabbed multiple times and suffered defensive wounds in her fight for survival. Her clothing was found strewn about the forest, and sexual assault has not been ruled out.3

Somewhat similar to ‘our’ girl with the multiple stabbing. Very violent.

I got a response from Doe Net. Unfortunately some of their emails had been going to spam and I’m just now seeing them. Not sure what else to do here.

Sorry, I cannot accept this match. When I go to the Jefferson Parish Sheriff's website, I cannot find this listed anywhere. It is not in NAMUS. My guess is that this Jane Doe has probably been identified.

Best,
Mary Bell
Doe Network

You’d have to think if this JD was identified in the years after she was found (pre internet and LSU faces) there would at least have been a story about it in the Times Picayune since there were several articles in the paper about the police investigation into her murder. Has anyone been able to search for any stories about this JD in newspaper archives?

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back