LA LA - Old Metairie, Nassau Drive Jane Doe, WhtFem 15-16, dress, heeled shoes, business cards, Jul'79

You’d have to think if this JD was identified in the years after she was found (pre internet and LSU faces) there would at least have been a story about it in the Times Picayune since there were several articles in the paper about the police investigation into her murder. Has anyone been able to search for any stories about this JD in newspaper archives?

No, unfortunately. I’ve been searching many angles and search words in the old newspapers and never did I find one beyond the ones (few actually) about trying to identify her. Which I find strange and sad.
Or as I hope, it is just my poor searching skills.

I'm real late to this game. But Airline Highway in Metairie used to be basically prostitution row. It was where Jimmy Swaggart was arrested. It was where Monster Ball hotel scene was filmed. I was talking last week to my sister about how crazy it is that it has been successfully cleaned up! Very little evidence of that left. Thankfully.

Looking forward to the info yall have been gathering!

Luulabobss & Bit of Hope thank you for trying to figuring out if she identified.
Even if she is, I wonder that her murder is still unsolved?

I found an unsolved case from Vernon Parish, LA (around 250 miles from Jefferson Parish) where a teenage girl was stabbed to death in april 1980.
Mary Darlene Howard. A description of the crime:

Mary Darlene’s remains were found 04/27/80 in a wooded area on West Boundary Road in the Sandy Hill area.2 She was stabbed multiple times and suffered defensive wounds in her fight for survival. Her clothing was found strewn about the forest, and sexual assault has not been ruled out.3

Somewhat similar to ‘our’ girl with the multiple stabbing. Very violent.

Oh this is a really good find . This is very interesting. I wonder if this girl is connected to the UID. I wonder if LE put together this connection and if they stabbings were solved.

Since she was found in a fairly wealthy section of Jefferson Parish (Old Metairie) I cannot link her to the Airline Highway sex workers JMHO. I will contact the original researcher at the NOLA public library and special collections. She was the researcher who sent me the newspaper articles (Belle Chasse UID) which I forwarded to CarlK. If you look at the current Nassau Dr homes they range in the $1-3 million dollars per house and tiny lot.

I submitted Michelle anyway. Maybe the people she was last seen with forced her into human trafficking? I think all the pictures in Michelle's Charley and Doe Network profile look different also. I figured it was worth a shot. It's been 41 years since this Jane Doe has been unidentified.

I just looked back thru my email and I never received a response about a possible match to Michelle Mulcahy. Michelle still has a NamUs profile, so I am guessing if this UID has been identified, it's not Michelle.

Do we have any sense of how recently this UID may have been identified? Or is this all somewhat open to theory still? i.e. Namus pages for Michelle, Tina, others submitted may still be active if it was very recent to protect reltives, right?

Still waiting on documents from Jefferson Parish coroner’s office. They had to contact their attorneys before releasing them to me. Will let y’all know if I can say anything after talking to CarlK or Tricia.

Well here's the update, as such. Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office sent me some documents. Not prepared for morgue photo. Have sent PM to Carl k , Kell & will send to Trisha for attorney’s review.

She had NO drugs or alcohol in her system. She was well dressed & took care of herself. Brutal death. I don’t know what I can or cannot say since Louisiana is a ‘closed records’ state. It happened in July of 1979 close to midnight. I will contact othram, since she was taken care of by a local funeral home & buried in Kenner, LA (not too far away) she looked like someone I knew in college (late 60s early 70s) but age is not working. She was young. If she went to a working girls’ lifestyle, it wasn’t apparent in her autopsy. Blessed be.

Well here's the update, as such. Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office sent me some documents. Not prepared for morgue photo. Have sent PM to Carl k , Kell & will send to Trisha for attorney’s review.

She had NO drugs or alcohol in her system. She was well dressed & took care of herself. Brutal death. I don’t know what I can or cannot say since Louisiana is a ‘closed records’ state. It happened in July of 1979 close to midnight. I will contact othram, since she was taken care of by a local funeral home & buried in Kenner, LA (not too far away) she looked like someone I knew in college (late 60s early 70s) but age is not working. She was young. If she went to a working girls’ lifestyle, it wasn’t apparent in her autopsy. Blessed be.
If Carl isn't able to help with a possible recon, I'd be up for one.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back