LA LA - Old Metairie, Nassau Drive Jane Doe, WhtFem 15-16, dress, heeled shoes, business cards, Jul'79

I'm real late to this game. But Airline Highway in Metairie used to be basically prostitution row. It was where Jimmy Swaggart was arrested. It was where Monster Ball hotel scene was filmed. I was talking last week to my sister about how crazy it is that it has been successfully cleaned up! Very little evidence of that left. Thankfully.

Looking forward to the info yall have been gathering!
My first thought was the old Sugar Bowl Motel on Airline. When I lived in Louisiana in the 1990s, the motel was still open with a huge plywood sign out front that stated " Minimum Stay 15 minutes-Strictly Enforced- Less than 15 minutes is Charged 15 minute Rate".

My first thought was the old Sugar Bowl Motel on Airline. When I lived in Louisiana in the 1990s, the motel was still open with a huge plywood sign out front that stated " Minimum Stay 15 minutes-Strictly Enforced- Less than 15 minutes is Charged 15 minute Rate".

OMG. For real?

And I'll stress again, she wasn't your average sex worker. No drug or alcohol in her system. If she was trying to find work, it was because she was broke. Well dressed for church, lovely girl. Horrific murder. @HBelusky from Doe is trying to take this case.

Now if I could also convince some to do the male UID from Belle Chasse, LA, wow.

True...not exactly on the up and up. But, it was the swinging 70's and lots of those cults had some kind of sex angle. Having an "introduction" card is really just weird...
Super old quote from the first page of the thread but I wanted to say that once, as a teenager, I inadvertently ended up at a swingers event with an older cousin. It was a ticketed dance party as far as I knew before I arrived (god I was naive).

Anyway …. at the event there were stacks of blank introductory cards lying around that you could complete & hand to anyone you were interested in hooking up with. Some were very bland looking (guess you wouldn’t want your boss or partner to guess what you were into) , others were quite overt tick-the-box cards “these are the things I’m open to doing with you *advertiser censored*”. The description of this UID’s card reminds me very much of that.

Super old quote from the first page of the thread but I wanted to say that once, as a teenager, I inadvertently ended up at a swingers event with an older cousin. It was a ticketed dance party as far as I knew before I arrived (god I was naive).

Anyway …. at the event there were stacks of blank introductory cards lying around that you could complete & hand to anyone you were interested in hooking up with. Some were very bland looking (guess you wouldn’t want your boss or partner to guess what you were into) , others were quite overt tick-the-box cards “these are the things I’m open to doing with you *advertiser censored*”. The description of this UID’s card reminds me very much of that.

I've seen those too. It was still a thing in some circles when we moved to New England in the 80s. The idea was that by handing the card to somebody else, that made it a private transaction, and the people involved weren't guilting of pimping or pandering or whatever the legal charge for setting up a sexual encounter is.

And yeah, the cards were supposed to protect anonymity.

I got invited to a couple of those parties because I was naive and made good cover for the real purpose :p They had some kind of little sign (a flower button, as I recall) that the people participating wore to signal they were in the game, so people like me didn't accidentally get drawn in.

But I digress...

I'd say Othram is our best bet at this point.
Here is a thread about Othram:

I've seen those too. It was still a thing in some circles when we moved to New England in the 80s. The idea was that by handing the card to somebody else, that made it a private transaction, and the people involved weren't guilting of pimping or pandering or whatever the legal charge for setting up a sexual encounter is.

And yeah, the cards were supposed to protect anonymity.

I got invited to a couple of those parties because I was naive and made good cover for the real purpose :p They had some kind of little sign (a flower button, as I recall) that the people participating wore to signal they were in the game, so people like me didn't accidentally get drawn in.

But I digress...
This is crazy (to me), but also really informative and useful.

Well here's the update, as such. Jefferson Parish Coroner's Office sent me some documents. Not prepared for morgue photo. Have sent PM to Carl k , Kell & will send to Trisha for attorney’s review.

She had NO drugs or alcohol in her system. She was well dressed & took care of herself. Brutal death. I don’t know what I can or cannot say since Louisiana is a ‘closed records’ state. It happened in July of 1979 close to midnight. I will contact othram, since she was taken care of by a local funeral home & buried in Kenner, LA (not too far away) she looked like someone I knew in college (late 60s early 70s) but age is not working. She was young. If she went to a working girls’ lifestyle, it wasn’t apparent in her autopsy. Blessed be.

Do you think she could be Tina Kemp?

Screen Shot 2022-07-23 at 11.58.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Nassau Drive Jane Doe

Date Discovered: Sunday, July 22nd, 1979
Discovery Location: Nassau Drive, Old Metairie, Jefferson Parish, Louisiana

*Edge of Old Metairie Golf Course

View attachment 276243

Physical Description:
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Height: 5’5”-5’6” (65”-66”)
Weight: 120 lbs.
Head Hair: Brown – Light Brown

Facial Hair:
Eye Color: Blue
Clothing: Maroon dress, brown heeled shoes, brown purse

Jewelry:
Misc. Items: Business cards, Interpersonal Connection
Condition of Remain: Recognizable face
Characteristics/Medical/Scars:

Transportation:
Postmortem Interval: Hours
Estimated Year of Death: 1979
Cause of Death: Stabbing
Fingerprint Status:

Dental Status:
DNA Status:

Circumstances:

The unidentified young woman’s body was discovered in some bushes near 22 Nassau Drive about 11:30 pm on Sunday July 22nd, 1979. The young woman had been stabbed 30 times with a small pocket or pen knife. The young woman had been sexually assaulted and had apparent bruises all over her body. What ever took place prior to her death the young woman had put up a fight. A wound to the carotid artery in the lower neck was the final cause of death. She was well dressed wearing a maroon dress, brown heeled shoes and carried a brown purse. A business card was found in the young woman’s wallet that bore the name “Interpersonal Connection” with blanks where a person could hand write their name and phone number. Robbery is not believed to be a motive as that there was money still in her wallet.

There were no missing person reports that matched the young unidentified woman. LE had a sketch produced of the young woman that was circulated through media outlets however no one came forward to claim her. LE was able to trace her back to a hotel in New Orleans.

The day prior to her death the woman was observed by a witness knocking on doors at a New Orleans hotel. One of the cards found on her carried the name of a man that was traced back as a guest at a New Orleans hotel. The man was located and told LE that the woman had come to his door and propositioned him for money, however he had refused. The man said the woman had told him she was from out of town. The man was cleared by LE and is not a suspect in the case.

LE followed up with local resources to learn more about “Interpersonal Connection” and no one had heard of it. LE had provided information on the cards in hopes that a local printer may recognize and be able to assist. However no further information or tips on the cards or Interpersonal Connection were received.

Investigating Agencies:
Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office
1233 Westbank Expressway
Harvey, LA 70058
E-Mail: PIO2@jpso.com
Tele: 504.363.5500
Web: Jefferson Parish Sheriff, LA - Official Website | Official Website

Information Sources:
*UID is currently not in NAMUS

News/Blogs:
07/24/1979 – The Times Picayune
07/25/1979 – The Times Picayune
07/26/1979 – The Times Picayune
09/19/1979 – The Times Picayune
If found relative quickly, and evidence stored properly... why haven't they ran the dna?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back