LA - Police officer's twins, 3, both dead in truck outside family home, Bossier City

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by LietKynes, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Gigi-G

Gigi-G New Member

Ah my apologies. I was under assumption it was elder boy. Plz forgive my mistake. Either way it was such a tragedy. Both incidents. Such a sad sad loss.
    The parents and close family must besides themselves with grief. Such a series of events.
    I do hope things get put into place for the family to continue to live in as much normality as they can. I really cant imagine the depth of grief they must be feeling

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

2. Gigi-G

Gigi-G New Member

Thankyou. :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

3. dalsglen

dalsglen Well-Known Member

As a mum of 4 too, I know how hard it can be. Keep your chin up, Im sure youre doing a fab job!!

4. smiley

smiley Active Member

Oliver is who was attacked by the family dog. He and his twin sister Aria are the ones who passed from the heat in the truck.
    The family kept the dog after the attack. This is discussed by Police Spokesperson Mark Natalie in the KTBS broadcast of the press conference by the Bossier Police Dept.
    News Radio 710 KEEL had article that the father did with People Magazine, that the children were buried in a private family ceremony Wednesday, June 22, 2016
    He is on administrative leave from his job to deal with his grief

5. Coquette

Coquette Observer

6. U2forever

U2forever Religion is what happens when God leaves the room

Godspeed Aria :angel:
    Godspeed Oliver :angel:

7. smiley

smiley Active Member

One of those things we will probably never know exactly what happened, but those angels are in Heaven, with no pain or sadness

8. heartfortruth

heartfortruth New Member

9. al66pine

al66pine Well-Known Member

heartfortruth thx for link. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/shr...8238&fhid=6692

Darling pix of both.

"In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to their big brother Maddox Orr in honor of Oliver and Aria. A trust account has been set up at Chase Bank."

10. U2forever

U2forever Religion is what happens when God leaves the room

11. jjenny

jjenny Well-Known Member

12. Blondie in Spokane

Blondie in Spokane Well-Known Member

Can't get the above link to open, but the snipped paragraph says it all......lack of supervision. I could never live with myself if my child were harmed or died due to my neglect or lack of supervision.

13. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

I'm not up to speed, has the mum said what she was doing and how long they were unattended for?

14. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

I think it's clear neglect to go to sleep while toddlers are running free and no other adult is available to watch them. This is no different than leaving the kids at home and going to the neighborhood bar.

15. Han

Han Well-Known Member

16. Isabelle

Isabelle Verified registered nurse

A school coach forgot his daughter in his car and she died. He was promptly arrested. This in Louisianan too, out of Baton Rouge. Unable too copy an paste article, not sure why.

17. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Napping. Don't know how long but reports state children had stiff jaws so I'm guessing a while.

18. chlban

chlban Well-Known Member

Agreed. But they probably won't charge her. If she was a poor single mother, maybe, but nice middle class cop's wife?

She should be charged. I would bet a lot of money the marriage over, so I hope there is someone responsible enough to care for the remaining child. Perhaps grandparents, or other family.

19. sonjay

sonjay Well-Known Member

In Arkansas, they charged a judge in a hot car death. I would imagine they would also charge a middle class cop's wife. Is it different in Louisiana?

I think it's not a function of socioeconomic status as much as it is the attitude of the state's attorney in the particular jurisdiction. In cases where was clearly no intent to leave the child in the car, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for why some people are charged and others aren't. In cases where people leave the child in the car deliberately, because they want to go shopping or bar-hopping or whatever, charges seem to be a lot more likely. Look at how many chances Shanesha Taylor was given — she was the very definition of poor single mother.

20. smiley

smiley Active Member

Authorities said they thought the children had been in the vehicle for about 2 hours