LA LA - Rachel McGregor-Lugo, 22, New Orleans, 21 May 2020

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by CHEL, May 22, 2020 at 11:51 AM.

1. CHEL

CHEL Active Member

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2020 at 12:37 PM

2. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Woman traveling cross country reported missing after stopping in New Orleans, NOPD says

•was traveling from Newport News, Va. to San Antonio, Texas when she stopped in New Orleans.
    •May 21 (9:30 a.m.), went to an electronics store in the 900 block of Poydras Street to fix a broken cellphone.
    •used store’s phone to call the person who reported her missing & said she would call again after her phone was fixed.
    •(By 11:30 p.m. Thur) she still had not called the reporting person
    •MP report filed

No information on her vehicle was immediately available, but police officials ask anyone with information on her location to call Eighth District detectives at 504-658-6080.

3. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

4. Acorunadepor

Acorunadepor Well-Known Member

We don't know what was broken about her cellphone, because that would help to set a timeframe. If they told her come back in an hour, 2 hours, 3 hours or even late in the afternoon. She could have gone into the neighbourhood to get some breakfast. And then go sightseeing, all the popular places are within walking distance from that shop.

Or maybe am I reading it wrong, and she allready stopped to visit New Orleans, and then her phone broke down.

5. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

NOPD: Woman who stopped in New Orleans to get cellphone fixed reported missing

The way this article is worded makes me think she stopped in NO to get her cellphone repaired.

The New Orleans Police Department is searching for a missing Virginia woman who stopped in the city to get her cellphone fixed before being reported missing.

Rachel McGregor-Lugo was traveling from Newport News, Va. to San Antonio, Texas and stopped in New Orleans.

6. Limecat

Limecat Well-Known Member

I’d like to know who reported her missing, and what the employees said where she took her cell phone. These articles certainly don’t help find her.

Hoping she’s found safe.

7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Was the phone repaired?
    Did she pay the store and leave?
    What time did that happen?
    I'm not seeing any of that info.

8. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

if one was passing through new orleans, poydras st. is not exactly the easiest place to get your phone fixed. it's in the quarter, so you'd have to find a place to park (difficulty level 8 or higher on a weekend). just a 10 minute drive further (assuming she was coming in on i10) and she would have been able to just drop right off of a highway exit in metairie where there are malls and loads of phone shops, easily accessed. but maybe she had never been before, or had plans to visit the french quarter.

hopefully she got caught up in the magic of new orleans and will touch base with her family soon.

Last edited: May 23, 2020 at 10:54 AM
    Marg from Oz, HM99, mlhenn and 12 others like this.
  9. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

On Thursday around 9:30 a.m. McGregor-Lugo went to a cellphone store in the 900 block of Poydras Street where she used a landline phone to contact the reporting person.

Sounds like whoever she called on the landline from the cell phone store, became worried after they didn't hear from her.

From her facebook page, I see she has a fairly new boyfriend. Maybe it was him? I also found her Mom, looks like she lives in Texas maybe.

Maybe this is a matter of she's traveling and simply hasn't stopped to make a call yet? Hopefully she turns up today and makes contact.

Marg from Oz, mlhenn, Filly and 6 others like this.
  10. Gizmo3

Gizmo3 Active Member

The 900 block of Poydras is in the Central Business District - the only phone place I can think of in that area belongs to one of the major phone carriers. It's close to Le Pavillon Hotel and other buildings that I would assume have cameras that LE could check. Hope she's okay and, like Knox suggested, perhaps just hasn't had a chance to check in with anyone.

11. Wild Rose

Wild Rose Well-Known Member

I hope she is just sleeping for a bit. Was she sleeping in her car while traveling?

Marg from Oz, Steph8angels and Knox like this.
  12. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

I wish there were a few more details included in the articles as well.
    I can not find any article that shares who the person was she called/that ended up reporting her missing. The only clue (and a very small one at that) I came across was the person is a male.

NOPD: Woman who stopped in New Orleans to get cellphone fixed reported missing
    During the phone call, McGregor-Lugo told the reporting person that she would contact him when her cellphone was repaired.

13. spangled

spangled Well-Known Member

Seems her Facebook is deactivated now?

14. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Really?! o_O

Marg from Oz and Steph8angels like this.
  15. spangled

spangled Well-Known Member

I definitely can't access it through the link or by searching Facebook separately?

Marg from Oz, mlhenn and Steph8angels like this.
  16. The Count

The Count Member

Loaded normally for me. Couple unnerving things on there are the sharing of the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline info as something that is a mission that means a lot to her (great org. no doubt, just seeing it could be a clue to personal history) and a shared meme from Nov 2018 making reference to mental illness.

Hope it is just coincidence but obviously a concern.

17. MntnHiker

MntnHiker Well-Known Member

Hmm so I wonder if she ever got her cell phone back? I'm sure LE already talked to the phone store and they could say whether or not she returned to pick up her phone. Or, I guess, if it was a repair that could be done while she just waited.

If, let's say, the repair ended up taking longer than expected and maybe she wouldn't get it back that day, she would probably have been able to find another landline to borrow and use to check it at a hotel or something, right? Are hotels in the city currently open?

18. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

Her Mom shared the same thing on her own page.

Rachael's is still up, maybe just a glitch spangled.

19. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Oh I hope you didn’t take my reply wrong! Sorry, if it sounded more as if I were questioning you. It was more of “really, as in oh my, that’s prob not a good sign”.

**I did click on link to try, but it wouldn’t work for me either.

Marg from Oz and Steph8angels like this.
  20. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Search the name on Facebook without the hyphen, it's there!