LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

I don't buy this. Maybe I am out of line for saying it, but that just doesn't seem like a plausible scenario.

They live in a very rural area. No one has ever mentioned anyone approaching their yard or the house. It would be too obvious if someone did by car and, logically, Junior would have likely screamed if someone came out of the woods and snatched him.

Something stinks here...

I agree. I did a little research on them. I also looked up sex offenders in the area. There is one in a 5 mile radius and he’s currently in jail. There may be more outside that radius. Pretty remote location and the mom said in her first interview that they’ve only lived there a month or two. Not much time to watch routines and plan an abduction. And someone would have to be really brave to grab him with the stepdad in the yard nearby.

Two things stick out in the latest news cast. - http://www.knoe.com/content/news/A-...arch-continues-for-4-year-old--479205683.html

It seems strange that just a few days ago mom said somebody (unnamed) walked Junior through the woods, on both sides. Today she says that Junior was taken from the yard and "he's never walked in no woods". He's either walked in the woods or hasn't. It can't be both. Maybe she means something else that I'm not understanding.

Also the step-father said that Diamond, Junior's best friend, has returned. Was the dog missing as well? This is the first time I hear of this.

You can't necessarily hear a lot if you've got your head way under the hood, or if you're using tools that make a lot of noise like an air wrench.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I agree. The only concern is that it was stated that stepdad/boyfriend MAY have been working on the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two things stick out in the latest news cast. - http://www.knoe.com/content/news/A-...arch-continues-for-4-year-old--479205683.html

It seems strange that just a few days ago mom said somebody (unnamed) walked Junior through the woods, on both sides. Today she says that Junior was taken from the yard and "he's never walked in no woods". He's either walked in the woods or hasn't. It can't be both. Maybe she means something else that I'm not understanding.

Also the step-father said that Diamond, Junior's best friend, has returned. Was the dog missing as well? This is the first time I hear of this.

BBM. Maybe mom means that Junior has never wandered into the woods on his own before?

Where did this info about the dog come from? This is the first I'm hearing that his dog was missing as well.

In context, I think she's saying he never went by himself.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Agreed. Mom specifically mentioned that he never went into the woods alone. I think it was in one of the first interviews she participated in.

It was mentioned in some early reports that maybe he had followed the dog into the woods. Considering the video shows a pit bull terrier, I have to further question how anyone could have abducted him. At least not someone that was unfamiliar to the dog. I also can’t see that dog leaving the boys side if they did wander off together.

I can't stop thinking about this baby. He's so cute and sweet and happy looking......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I can't stop thinking about this baby. He's so cute and sweet and happy looking......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yeah, I've just heard about him tonight, and read the thread. What a darling boy! I hope he's found soon. [emoji173]️

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

A mother's plea for missing son, search continues for 4-year old

"Somebody picked my baby up out this yard; I don't care what nobody says, my baby, ain't never left up out this yard. He's never walked in no woods," she said.

Nicholas Gilbert, the step-father, said he does not believe their son wandered away from the front yard.

"Whoever picked Junior up, no matter how they feel or what's going on, just drop him off," Gilbert said.

He said the family is hurting, especially after hearing rumors he could have something to do with Junior's disappearance. Gilbert said he volunteered to take a lie detectors test and passed.

http://www.knoe.com/content/news/A-...arch-continues-for-4-year-old--479205683.html

I'm going to wait for LE to say Gilbert passed the polygraph. If and when they do then I'll have sympathy for him since there have been cases where a parent or other caregiver was wrongly accused. And I also know of cases where LE does state whether or not the parents passed polygraphs though it depends on the particular area. Any word on mom also taking the test?

Why else has the sheriff announced that he intends to conduct further interviews? Sorry, but things are starting to feel hinky. I will go and sit on my hands regarding Rondreiz' caregivers for now.

But I sure wish he would be found. :(

I don't buy this. Maybe I am out of line for saying it, but that just doesn't seem like a plausible scenario.

They live in a very rural area. No one has ever mentioned anyone approaching their yard or the house. It would be too obvious if someone did by car and, logically, Junior would have likely screamed if someone came out of the woods and snatched him.

Something stinks here...
Little Joe’s dad was quick to say he suspected a kidnapping as well. Just saying.....

I still can’t understand why the public search was halted. They don’t want the public to contaminate any evidence but they don’t have any persons of interest and they don’t suspect foul play? What evidence then?

Am I wrong in assuming that most missing children searches are continuous for a longer period than this and would welcome any and all help? LE searched most of the afternoon/evening Thursday, started again Friday morning and stopped again Friday night. The public was then encouraged to help starting Saturday morning, but those searches were stopped mid afternoon on Saturday. Public searches resumed Sunday morning for a few hours before they were suspended.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/fbi-and-l...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

I still can’t understand why the public search was halted. They don’t want the public to contaminate any evidence but they don’t have any persons of interest and they don’t suspect foul play? What evidence then?

Am I wrong in assuming that most missing children searches are continuous for a longer period than this and would welcome any and all help? LE searched most of the afternoon/evening Thursday, started again Friday morning and stopped again Friday night. The public was then encouraged to help starting Saturday morning, but those searches were stopped mid afternoon on Saturday. Public searches resumed Sunday morning for a few hours before they were suspended.

https://www.ktbs.com/news/fbi-and-l...gn=blox&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

IMO and from my experience following cases here, when LE calls off public searches it's because they believe the child is deceased and do not want members of the community coming across a dead body, which is traumatic, and also because the focus becomes preserving evidence and they don't want people accidentally contaminating it.

ETA: To answer your question about not having a POI, at this point LE may actually be looking at someone of interest but even if not, they've probably been conducting a "dual" investigation all along - I've seen that in other cases - where they look at all options, not just a child who wandered off. It could include stranger abduction or foul play. Sorry for not answering your question about that earlier.

You might know them as the Cajun Navy.

Native Houstonian here. I was first made aware of the Cajun Navy during Harvey this past fall. They are an awesome group of people! They put their lives at risk many times for total strangers. No doubt they are doing all they can to help find this precious baby.

Just trying to give a first hand perspective of what this area is like. Lots of planted pine forest for harvesting and thick underbrush laced with bayous in low areas and ponds everywhere. What I meant by we've been through this before is there's been other missing persons cases over the years. Some were just people or children that got lost and some were the result of criminal activity.

Edit: I want to mention this. I said the community has come together like I expected because we've been through this before. One thing I meant by that is this community has some of the nicest people I've met in my entire life and they rise to the occasion when things like this happen. I've only owned this place about 14 years and have been welcomed into the community as if I've lived here my entire life. Keep one thing in mind, some of the same people out searching as law enforcement as well some that were private citizen searchers are some of the same people that hook up their boat to the truck or get in their car and drive to help during floods here and in other states. You might know them as the Cajun Navy.
Howdy neighbor I am over in Shreveport- my heart was full of pride when I saw on the news all the volunteers to search for Junior and all the food that was brought in. I hope he is found soon

I can see a 4yr old following the dog and getting lost. I can see the dog following the 4yr old if he went wandering. But I don't think anyone grabbed that child from the yard if they didn't know the dog.

I hope he's found soon.

Though I am not saying it's the same situation as Relisha Rudd, Junior's Mom sounds like Shamika. Maybe it's the thick accent. Her speech patterns, or something sounds like Shamika to me.

Red flag.

This is too painful for me. Please, don't make me suffer like this. Please, I want my baby. Please don't do this to me, please. I want my baby," Phillips said.

Note it's all about what she is going through, what about her son, this is not expected.

Expected.

Is my baby suffering?
Is my baby being fed?
Is my baby warm?
Is my baby thirsty?
Please don't harm him, etc etc.

Also, they should use his name, personalise him. This is not conclusive in it's self that they (Mom or stepdad are involved in his disappearance) but concerns me that she doesn't mention (in this brief clip anyway) anything about his welfare.

Also, why are they adament that someone took him?
For what reason have they jumped to this conclusion?
How do they know he never wondered off and slipped and had an accident?

It was mentioned in some early reports that maybe he had followed the dog into the woods. Considering the video shows a pit bull terrier, I have to further question how anyone could have abducted him. At least not someone that was unfamiliar to the dog. I also can’t see that dog leaving the boys side if they did wander off together.

If that dog was bonded to the family, I'm finding it highly unlikely anyone could have removed that child from the yard. Anyone other than someone who was well known to the dog, that is. Pits are fiercely protective of their people and home. My neighbor has one and she is a sweetheart, but will definitely let her owner and us know if a stranger is around.

There is an organization here in SC that has dogs that are specifically trained to track other "missing" dogs. I know LA would be too far for him to come, but I wonder if there are any closer organizations like that. Track the dog to find the child, sort of.

Red flag.

This is too painful for me. Please, don't make me suffer like this. Please, I want my baby. Please don't do this to me, please. I want my baby," Phillips said.

Note it's all about what she is going through, what about her son, this is not expected.

Expected.

Is my baby suffering?
Is my baby being fed?
Is my baby warm?
Is my baby thirsty?
Please don't harm him, etc etc.

Also, they should use his name, personalise him. This is not conclusive in it's self that they (Mom or stepdad are involved in his disappearance) but concerns me that she doesn't mention (in this brief clip anyway) anything about his welfare.

Also, why are they adament that someone took him?
For what reason have they jumped to this conclusion?
How do they know he never wondered off and slipped and had an accident?
I agree. I also think when a child is kidnapped, it is either by some one he knows
It is for money, don;t think that applies here
It is for sex trafficking, I would think moreso in a big city, not down some country road out in no where

There may well be a few reasons for them to not show concern for his wellbeing.

1] they believe or have knowledge (guilty) that he is dead and have processed this, so he is not in need if help. (wellfare)
This, however (if it is the case) goes against a Mothers instinct. The bond between a Mother and her children is like no other.
Even when a child is found deceased and identified some will not except or even process it for many years.

2] Do they know, believe or have guilty knowledge he is dead?

3] Have LE alluded to the fact that this maybe a recovery? (deceased)

4] Does the climate factor into it?

5] Does the geography (ponds, lakes, etc,) impact their language.?

5] Does he have any cronic ailments, needing medication?

6] Does the passage of time alter their language?

As of yet (to my knowledge) i haven't heard them speak of him in the past tense which is a possitive thing.
I do hope he comes home safe, sadly, imo, i don't see it, but hope to be proved wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzo2011
Back