LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

I hear „He liked horses. He liked being outside“ but the accent is really strong, so I wouldn‘t bet on it.

ETA, is it this one?
Reporter: Did he know the area very well?

Mom: No, someone had walked him through there Monday on both sides of the road through the trails. I don’t know if he tried to go back through the trails they took him through or what went on but my baby never left his yard. He always stayed in the yard playing.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=477707459311698&id=325377361211376

ETA, is it this one?
Reporter: Did he know the area very well?

Mom: No, someone had walked him through there Monday on both sides of the road through the trails. I don’t know if he tried to go back through the trails they took him through or what went on but my baby never left his yard. He always stayed in the yard playing.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=477707459311698&id=325377361211376
To be fair, the reporter asked „Did he know the area very well?“.

She’s saying “he like”, not “he liked”.

That’s typical language for many people in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She’s saying “he like”, not “he liked”.

That’s typical language for many people in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you for the clarification!
So it’s “ he like” instead of “ he likes”? Right?

That short clip of her I am hearing:
I want my baby. Please, my baby.......[later in the clip] My baby never walked out this yard. He always stayed in the yard, playing. Playing with the dogs or playing with his toys.

Southernbelle, I just came to post the same! It's a southern dialect / slang form of speech. Not past tense at all.

Where are you little man :scared:

The longer he is missing the more I'm thinking someone harmed him. Had he just wandered away and got hurt, surely he would have been found by now. I mean, he's just a lil dude, 4 yo. I know little folks can travel a distance but 4 seems pretty young to really go on a long distance excursion like we've seen in other cases, especially if he wandered into the woods.

Although, here's a crazy thought: I wonder if there is quick-sand in those woods, he got caught in it and went down and that's why he hasn't been found yet? I realize that's highly unlikely but it makes me wonder.

When my older brother was still a kid he and some friends were playing in the woods behind our neighborhood when they happened to stumble on a patch of quicksand. As my brother tells it, they were running through the woods when suddenly they hit this patch of thick mush and they started to sink. fortunately the patch was pretty small and they were able to grab onto the edge of the solid ground and pull themselves out. They told their parents, including mine, about the patch and the township sent some Public Works people who dug the mush out of the ground and filled it in with gravel to keep it from turning into quick sand again.

The longer he is missing the more I'm thinking someone harmed him. Had he just wandered away and got hurt, surely he would have been found by now. I mean, he's just a lil dude, 4 yo. I know little folks can travel a distance but 4 seems pretty young to really go on a long distance excursion like we've seen in other cases, especially if he wandered into the woods.

Although, here's a crazy thought: I wonder if there is quick-sand in those woods, he got caught in it and went down and that's why he hasn't been found yet? I realize that's highly unlikely but it makes me wonder.

When my older brother was still a kid he and some friends were playing in the woods behind our neighborhood when they happened to stumble on a patch of quicksand. As my brother tells it, they were running through the woods when suddenly they hit this patch of thick mush and they started to sink. fortunately the patch was pretty small and they were able to grab onto the edge of the solid ground and pull themselves out. They told their parents, including mine, about the patch and the township sent some Public Works people who dug the mush out of the ground and filled it in with gravel to keep it from turning into quick sand again.
OMG! That would be terrifying!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

I have only read the last four pages and watched Mom’s interviews.

First thing I noticed, where are Mom’s tears?? Don’t see one tear dropping out of her eyes. Hear someone sniffing, is that step-dad sniffing?

Hinky meter going crazy on this one! Don’t think we are hearing the real story.

My opinions only.

From your link:

I really want to know who else LE is interviewing! This really sounds like it's moving into full blown foul play territory.

Agree! Has this been declared as a criminal investigation yet? Are they searching other areas in addition to the adjacent wooded area? And do we know the last actual verified sighting of little Junior?

I'm getting increasingly worried about this little guy.

That short clip of her I am hearing:

I want my baby. Please, my baby.......[later in the clip] My baby never walked out this yard. He always stayed in the yard, playing. Playing with the dogs or playing with his toys.

The thing is that she can't be saying "my baby never walked out this yard" in the way we're interpreting it. Some words need interpolating into the sentence to make it "my baby has never walked out of this yard". And that means that the next sentence would be "He has always stayed in the yard, playing"

When you make those changes, there's no suspicious type of past tense for the context.

Although the past tense is worth listening for, I think it might be quite rare in real life as opposed to in crime series on TV?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back