LA LA - Rondreiz Cortez “Junior” Phillips, 4, Homer, Claiborne Parish, 05 Apr 2018

Well I check in every day for news about little Junior! Poor child seems like he never got a chance at life...

Well I check in every day for news about little Junior! Poor child seems like he never got a chance at life...

Yeah, it's way too quiet. It makes me think something's going on behind the scenes with LE - or at least I hope there is!

Sheriff's page shows Sheila Phillips is still in custody. No new searches planned.

http://www.claiborne.lavns.org/

I just wanted to mention that there are at least a few very vocal local people who believe Sheila had nothing to do with Junior's disappearance. I don't remember seeing this #BringJuniorHome FB group page listed here yet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357021281458765/

The young woman in charge of the page is quoted as a "spokesperson" in this article: http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...ior-phillips-the-missing-claiborne-parish-boy

She has also posted a long live video about Junior's disappearance elsewhere. In this video, she is adamant that there are facts that family and investigators have not released to the public that give them "very good reason to believe he's been abducted."

[Sorry if those links have already been posted. I don't have time to double-check.]

I just wanted to mention that there are at least a few very vocal local people who believe Sheila had nothing to do with Junior's disappearance. I don't remember seeing this #BringJuniorHome FB group page listed here yet: https://www.facebook.com/groups/357021281458765/

The young woman in charge of the page is quoted as a "spokesperson" in this article: http://raycomgroup.worldnow.com/sto...ior-phillips-the-missing-claiborne-parish-boy

She has also posted a long live video about Junior's disappearance elsewhere. In this video, she is adamant that there are facts that family and investigators have not released to the public that give them "very good reason to believe he's been abducted."

[Sorry if those links have already been posted. I don't have time to double-check.]
Really cute pic of Jr on there. Him mom looks very loving. I really hope she had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think a large part of the lack of interest is due to the fact that his family are drug users and thieves. It also doesn’t help that there have been rumors from the very beginning (some of them even communicated by LE) that the family is involved. The mother and family are not pushing for coverage. But I do agree that if this was a white child there would be more interest, even if the family was trash.

I agree. I am a person who naturally has difficulties with comparisons like this as they only look at one surface thing and I tend to look deeper into details. Every case is different. Families are different. LE jurisdictions are different in whether they give lots of news conferences or hand out a lot of information or not. There are always so many differences.

There are so many cases of children being harmed that I think few people are aware of, and they cover children of all colors and creeds! There are just too many for media to give equal focus to every one.

Then you need to add in things like whether LE believes the child is still close to the home or if there's a risk of national or international movement. Whether LE thinks there's an accident or a perp, and if the perp is a stranger or someone in or close to the family.

All these things and more create differences in cases.

But...yes I do think that there's a public perception that a little white girl is most likely to be the victim of a stranger abduction for pedophile purposes, and I think that maybe pushes some of those cases higher up in public demand for media coverage, and then the media obliges.

In this case LE seem to be on the case, investigating and searching. Even though it's a rural area of lower population density the neighbors turned out to help search and to hold a vigil and to provide support to searchers. Most people see a missing child in their neighborhood, their town, and they think of their own children without making comparisons to gender or skin color or class or anything like that.

And now we've had unrelated arrests of the stepfather and the mother of Junior. I think that is often indicative that LE is hard at work behind the scenes and that they have a line of inquiry that's probably got relevance to the fact that there's a child missing.

Also, I think in a case like Junior's, people think in the first few days that there's a chance the child has wandered off and there's a sense of emergency in case he/she is lying injured and scared out there. Then, even if the child has fallen into a pond or something, people still want to bring the child home to the family. After three or four weeks? I think there's a sense that you can't do anything to help now and people tend to go back to their daily concerns, the public gets ideas about what they think has happened, but I think there's far less of a sense that *they* can personally do anything. And by then the next case has come up in the news. How do people keep the same sense of emergency to each and every child when the next day, the next week, there's another one missing or murdered? Then the shock value is going to disappear and these children are at risk of fading into a blur of little faces that don't stand out, and people just hope it's something that happens to someone else's child, and in so many cases it is something that happens to someone else's child, because the perp was someone in the child's own home!

I think all we can do is to make sure that *we* care. When relevant that *we* share the missing child's poster. If we're close enough and able to that *we* go out and search. It's how *we* react that will guide other people, and if *we* show that this is a child that *we* have become concerned about then other people will get a sense of that, and if there's enough people demanding media coverage of it, then there's more chance the media will give more coverage. But with so many cases, and so many missing found close to home, that coverage is more likely to be limited to local media. And in some cases I have so much praise for the local media who are giving as much coverage as they can and posting new stories when they get new information, and individual reporters who are sticking to these cases for the long term...in Sherin's case there's a particular reporter who stands out as having followed consistently and amazingly and blogging everything she can. I wonder if in some ways she has become a role model for other local reporters to emulate when something happens in their locale. The way that reporter in Junior's case got down and sat with Junior's outdoor toys, that was fantastic. I would suggest to follow people like her on SM and challenge and encourage people like her to keep getting and giving info when and where they can...but they will sometimes be limited by what LE will tell them and whether the family will talk to them.

Should every case get the attention that Madeleine or JonBenet got? Absolutely. But that will only happen if it's a once a year occurence, there's mystery, family pushing themselves up to the media, etc. And I wish it wouldn't happen more than once a year, and that a child wouldn't be missing for weeks or months, and I wish it would never be the stereotypical evil stranger abduction, never the parents/caregivers. And I'm not going to get what I wish for any time soon :-(

But no matter how many other cases are out there, I hope so much that Junior will be found soon, and if someone hurt him that LE can make arrests and all that stuff can happen. He looks such a lovely little guy, it's a lovely day where I am and Junior should be out playing with his dog and his outdoor toys on a day like this without a care in the world except for hoping he gets a nice dessert after eating his veggies for dinner.

This is what pisses me off about these things. If he were a blonde-haired blue-eyed 4 year-old white girl, the entire world would know about him.

Where is the public outrage?

That starts with family, friends, acquaintances, you and me and others on here and FB pages.

<modsnip>

I could give two damns about a child's race, religion, male or female. I am here because I care and pray that this boy is safe and sound, but the chances are low that he is ok after all this time.

Take a look at the Lucas Hernandez thread- he has more people searching for him than a 100 boys put together. Why? Because the LOCALS here and on FB pages chose to do something about it, instead of sitting on their heels sending only thoughts and prayers and "where's Lucas" posts everywhere. Actions speak louder than words.

One last thing- I have seen many beautiful girls of different colors on here that go missing, with plenty of responses and folks trying to help in any way they can. Again, the outrage and concern starts with family, friends, all the way to us. I've also seen a lot of white folks threads get nary a post- several that I post on personally.

There is still interest locally, but I think it is kinda to the point of someone happens to see him or someone hunting finds his body.

I've been checking those sites on and off - I wasn't sure if we were allowed to link them but I kinda figured others here have seen them anyway. One reason I don't pay a lot of attention to FB pages is that the majority of "facts" posted by people turn out to be false. And I don't think these pages are exceptions.

I've never seen a case where LE shared private information with the family, including the parents. And exactly what could it be that family members know but aren't sharing with the public that would point to an abduction anyway? Wouldn't they be shouting it out?

It's difficult - no, IMO impossible - to believe that LE believes Rondreiz was abducted but has chosen to keep that fact from the public. Nor do I believe LE and family members are sharing information behind the scenes.

Like I said before I hope the community does keep its focus on searching for Junior but trying to convince people that he was abducted isn't going to encourage people to get out and search. All MOO.

I've been checking those sites on and off - I wasn't sure if we were allowed to link them but I kinda figured others here have seen them anyway. One reason I don't pay a lot of attention to FB pages is that the majority of "facts" posted by people turn out to be false. And I don't think these pages are exceptions.

I've never seen a case where LE shared private information with the family, including the parents. And exactly what could it be that family members know but aren't sharing with the public that would point to an abduction anyway? Wouldn't they be shouting it out?

It's difficult - no, IMO impossible - to believe that LE believes Rondreiz was abducted but has chosen to keep that fact from the public. Nor do I believe LE and family members are sharing information behind the scenes.

Like I said before I hope the community does keep its focus on searching for Junior but trying to convince people that he was abducted isn't going to encourage people to get out and search. All MOO.

I hear ya. I myself don&#8217;t think it&#8217;s likely Junior was abducted, but I thought it was important to mention that some local people believe it possible.

I have to disagree with you on one thing (sorry). I think more people would search if they think Junior is alive but abducted than if they think his family did something to him.

[FONT=&quot]I wonder if they've investigated the possibility of the parents (maybe Step-Dad only OR mom only or together) selling this precious child to someone perhaps their drug dealer or other source for what seems to be a nasty drug habit ( since they both appear to have been arrested for drugs)? [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It seems as though they have NOT found any traces of blood, pieces of the clothes he was wearing that day or DNA of any sort to link the family to killing him on or near their property.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]It's almost like he disappeared out of thin air, and both the step-dad & mom "claim" that he most likely went into the "woods" to explore possibly getting lost?!?!?![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Which leads me to believe he was sold. Maybe the stepdad while mom was sleeping sold him and told HER he wandered off OR they both corroborated that fictional story together. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Either way I believe either individual knows what happened to him OR have enough information to lead investigators to solve this mystery. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Rondriez, sweet boy, may the Gods protect you & keep you safe.[/FONT]

I think it would be very rare to sell a child to a drug dealer. A drug dealer wants money for the trade, they want to earn to cover their costs and the risks they take. They want to try to stay under LE's radar. A child costs money in so many ways, it costs time and energy. A child exchange is extremely high risk. These are the exact opposite things than what a drug dealer would want.

I think for parents in this situation it would also be preferable to spin a tale that the child has gone to visit or live with a distant relative rather than report them missing and have LE sniffing around.

I think it would be very rare to sell a child to a drug dealer. A drug dealer wants money for the trade, they want to earn to cover their costs and the risks they take. They want to try to stay under LE's radar. A child costs money in so many ways, it costs time and energy. A child exchange is extremely high risk. These are the exact opposite things than what a drug dealer would want.

I think for parents in this situation it would also be preferable to spin a tale that the child has gone to visit or live with a distant relative rather than report them missing and have LE sniffing around.

I agree they wouldn&#8217;t sell him to a drug dealer. They could have sold him to traffickers to pay off a debt though. Or the dealer could have kidnapped him to the same. I&#8217;m convinced that whoever took him off the property knew him. I just can&#8217;t see a pit bull letting a stranger in the yard.

I agree they wouldn’t sell him to a drug dealer. They could have sold him to traffickers to pay off a debt though. Or the dealer could have kidnapped him to the same. I’m convinced that whoever took him off the property knew him. I just can’t see a pit bull letting a stranger in the yard.
Pit bulls have a bad reputation because of bad people who own them. For the most part they are not people aggressive unless taught.

I doubt they know traffickers but knowing a pedophile is more like it. Those close to where he lived would be people I would stay on. Or worse yet one we know nothing about. His mother and her bf are they known drug addicts?

These are just my own opinions and nothing more.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I hope so too. This poor little boy....is anyone looking for him?

I'm getting a strong feeling that finding Rondreiz hinges on what his mom and stepfather tell LE. I hope I'm wrong but my understanding is both were arrested on old charges - IMO unusual in the midst of searching for a missing child if the parents aren't under suspicion. MOO.

While we're waiting for news, here's a little info on Nicholas Gilbert, including the original story on the charge he was recently arrested for:

Homer man arrested for theft, other charges
January 14, 2010
The Guardian-Journal

Homer Police have arrested a man for an incident in Homer as well as one connected to a case in Minden.

Nicholas Gilbert, 31, of Homer, was arrested Saturday, January 9 and charged with simple criminal damage to property and theft, with bond on each charge set at $500.

According to reports, police were called to the 300 block of West 3rd Street in reference to a theft. Police say Gilbert allegedly took a pipe and water faucet from the West 3rd residence. Tools were also found at the scene.

Police say the pipe and the faucet were recovered and photos of the damage were taken and entered into evidence.

Officers Vincent Smith and Darren Norton were the investigators in this case.

He was transported to the Claiborne Parish Detention Center for booking. Later, he was charged with attempted use of access device card as theft and illegal possession of stolen things, with bond set at $500 on each charge at the detention center after he was identified from a still frame photo taken from video from a local store in Homer.

Homer Police Chief Russell Mills identified the man in the photo as Gilbert, and Gilbert was arrested and charged with the above charges. The two later charges stem from a case in Minden where a woman’s purse was stolen at the Stage Department Store on Saturday, January 2. Among the items stolen was a credit card belonging to the victim of the Stage incident. Allegedly, Gilbert attempted to use the card at the Dixie Mart #1 in Homer as well as the Pak a Bag convenience store.

http://www.kcwd.com/gj/2010/briefs-2010-01-14.html
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB01212010p10.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

Other arrests:

1/17/09: Theft, Domestic Abuse Battery.
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB01292009p002.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

8/13/14: FTA (Failure to Appear) x2 - no additional info. Likely stemming from the 2010 charge.
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB08282014P10.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

His full name is Nicholas Demarcus Gilbert
DOB: 7/21/78

While we're waiting for news, here's a little info on Nicholas Gilbert, including the original story on the charge he was recently arrested for:

Homer man arrested for theft, other charges
January 14, 2010
The Guardian-Journal

Homer Police have arrested a man for an incident in Homer as well as one connected to a case in Minden.

Nicholas Gilbert, 31, of Homer, was arrested Saturday, January 9 and charged with simple criminal damage to property and theft, with bond on each charge set at $500.

According to reports, police were called to the 300 block of West 3rd Street in reference to a theft. Police say Gilbert allegedly took a pipe and water faucet from the West 3rd residence. Tools were also found at the scene.

Police say the pipe and the faucet were recovered and photos of the damage were taken and entered into evidence.

Officers Vincent Smith and Darren Norton were the investigators in this case.

He was transported to the Claiborne Parish Detention Center for booking. Later, he was charged with attempted use of access device card as theft and illegal possession of stolen things, with bond set at $500 on each charge at the detention center after he was identified from a still frame photo taken from video from a local store in Homer.

Homer Police Chief Russell Mills identified the man in the photo as Gilbert, and Gilbert was arrested and charged with the above charges. The two later charges stem from a case in Minden where a woman&#8217;s purse was stolen at the Stage Department Store on Saturday, January 2. Among the items stolen was a credit card belonging to the victim of the Stage incident. Allegedly, Gilbert attempted to use the card at the Dixie Mart #1 in Homer as well as the Pak a Bag convenience store.

http://www.kcwd.com/gj/2010/briefs-2010-01-14.html
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB01212010p10.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

Other arrests:

1/17/09: Theft, Domestic Abuse Battery.
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB01292009p002.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

8/13/14: FTA (Failure to Appear) x2 - no additional info. Likely stemming from the 2010 charge.
http://bab.stparchive.com/Archive/BAB/BAB08282014P10.php?tags=nicholas|gilbert

His full name is Nicholas Demarcus Gilbert
DOB: 7/21/78

There are more. I want to say I found 6 since 2004 by searching &#8220;Nicholas Gilbert Claiborne&#8221;. All theft/burglary/assault. KNOE had a short story tonight in which they mentioned both parents were arrested on &#8220;minor&#8221; unrelated charges. Minor? Repeated theft and drug charges aren&#8217;t &#8220;minor&#8221; in my opinion. I noticed the story was written by the reporter who did a video week 1. They must have won her over because she&#8217;s clearly biased now.

Have you seen him? 4-year-old boy missing for 6 weeks
attachment.php

http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Ha...rne-Parish-boy-still-missing---482702601.html

Attachments

• Junior+Phillips+went+missing+April+5th..jpg
    Junior+Phillips+went+missing+April+5th..jpg
    35 KB · Views: 462

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members