Found Deceased LA - Shamia Little, 17, Shreveport, 07 July 2021 *endangered*

mlhenn

Reaction score
Shreveport Police Dept

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-...ing-child-advisory-issued-for-shreveport-teen

The Louisiana State Police has issued a Level II Endangered/Missing Child Advisory, on behalf of the Shreveport Police Department (SPD), for a missing Shreveport teenager.

Troopers say 17-year-old Shamia Little was reported missing to SPD Wednesday morning.

Shamia Little, 17, is described as a black female with black hair and brown eyes. She is approximately 5’10” tall and weighs approximately 130 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a blue soccer-style athletic shirt and black Nike soccer-style shorts with a white horizontal stripe.

According to the Shreveport Police Department’s post, Shamia was last seen Wed. morning around 1:00am at Doug Williams’s Park at Jacob St. and Kennedy Ave.

(Note: media reports state she was last seen Tue. at 11pm in the area of Jacob St. and Kennedy Ave.)

upload_2021-7-7_19-46-24.jpeg

MISSING: Endangered/Missing Child Advisory issued for Shreveport teen last seen at park

SPD officials say the case is being treated as a possible abduction.

A potential witness is being questioned at this time. This person led police to an area near Oak Park Elementary School.

K-9 units and helicopters are currently searching the area.

Louisiana State Police has issued a Level II Endangered/Missing Child Advisory on behalf of SPD.

Police ask that anyone with information about the girl call SPD at 318-716-8761.

*Note: video included at link.

Kennedy Dr & Jacob St
Google Maps

I was unable to search Doug Williams Park in Google maps and it show up; I had to search the streets.
The park is fairly small. It appears to be a basketball court and a few pieces of playground equipment.

Im curious the distance this park is to her home.

Oak Park Elementary/Middle School
(318) 635-2141
Google Maps
Above is a map of the elementary school the potential witness led police to.

It’s just right around the corner from the park (south of park).

SPD: Missing 17-year-old possibly abducted in Shreveport park | ArkLaTexHomepage

Well this just got scarier!

Police say they are investigating whether a missing 17-year-old girl was abducted at gunpoint from a Shreveport park Tuesday night.

Detectives say 17-year-old Shamia Little along with a man was at Doug Williams Park Tuesday night around 11 p.m. at Jacob and Kennedy Street before another man with a gun confronted them.

Shreveport police confirm that they have detained the man who was with Shamia for questioning but he has not been arrested.

The man who was with Shamia tells SPD that he took off running and it is possible that she was abducted by the man with the gun.

SPD: Missing 17-year-old possibly abducted in Shreveport park | ArkLaTexHomepage

Well this just got scarier!

Police say they are investigating whether a missing 17-year-old girl was abducted at gunpoint from a Shreveport park Tuesday night.

Detectives say 17-year-old Shamia Little along with a man was at Doug Williams Park Tuesday night around 11 p.m. at Jacob and Kennedy Street before another man with a gun confronted them.

Shreveport police confirm that they have detained the man who was with Shamia for questioning but he has not been arrested.

The man who was with Shamia tells SPD that he took off running and it is possible that she was abducted by the man with the gun.
I have issues with this man, he takes off running on Tuesday night, talking about a gun-point/kidnapping issue and someone reported her missing Wednesday Morning? Is this a timing problem with reporting between 11pm till whenever or did a parent report her missing? IMO

Quest to find missing teen evolves into search for clues in phone records, surveillance video

To Note
•police no longer are actively searching (no active manhunt) for Shamia Little
•however, the case remains under investigation
•the alleged teenage witness spoke to police at length and was released into the custody of his parents Wednesday night
•he told them a strange man walked up to them, pointed a gun at them, took their cellphones and had them walk into a wooded area nearby
•he reportedly then ran away and found an officer parked at the library branch on Greenwood Rd
•LE found the alleged witness’ shoes in the park
•the investigation now centers on a search for clues in phone records and any additional surveillance video

Guessing that LE thinks that Shamia et al are not in their original area now. Why else would they change the scope of looking for this teen? Still hoping for good news...

I may be way off, but I took it as LE aren’t conducting anymore actual searches at the moment...maybe not until they find a lead from cellphone records and videos they’re looking at.
But again, I may be totally wrong. :confused:

Endangered/missing child advisory for 17-year-old Shamia Little

Link above is to a video (7.08.21, 1 hr ago)

From Video:
•Family states they are not giving up hope
•Family was seen earlier today entering the wooded area where Shamia allegedly was taken into, looking for any clues
•A witness stated an unknown man held the two at gun point at a park just minutes away from Shamia’s home
•video surveillance footage has been found by LE but according to KSLA News it offered little help due to its “distance” from the park

KSLA announced they will share interview with Shamia’s mother tonight at 9.

The Shreveport Police Department is asking for assistance in locating 17 year old Shamia Little. Little was reportedly last seen at Doug William's Park around 1am at Jacob and Kennedy street.
This is saying last seen at 1am? No clue what is correct.

I’ve questioned that as well. I posted the 1am time in my OP since that is what LE shared, but it seems the media is sharing 11pm.
I noticed someone questioned which time was correct under KSLA’s fb post, but there wasn’t a reply.

I’ve questioned that as well. I posted the 1am time in my OP since that is what LE shared, but it seems the media is sharing 11pm.
I noticed someone questioned which time was correct under KSLA’s fb post, but there wasn’t a reply.
Sorry, I didn't catch that on your post. So they found the witness' shoes, anything on her? Very concerning. IMO

Shamia Little's mother pleads for help bringing her missing daughter home

Video (uploaded to link 1 hr ago)

KSLA News 12's Tayler Davis interviews Marvette Little, whose 17-year-old daughter Shamia Little has gone missing and possibly has been abducted, and Lester Smith, president of the Mooretown Neighborhood Association. (Editor's Note: Police have released the person that investigators were questioning)

RAW INTERVIEW: Marvette Little, Shamia Little's mother, and Lester Smith, of Mooretown Neighborhood Association

KSLA also uploaded another video about 45 mins ago. It is about a 2 min interview with Shamia’s mom. RAW INTERVIEW

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back