Found Deceased LA - Shamia Little, 17, Shreveport, 07 July 2021 *endangered*

I have issues with this man, he takes off running on Tuesday night, talking about a gun-point/kidnapping issue and someone reported her missing Wednesday Morning? Is this a timing problem with reporting between 11pm till whenever or did a parent report her missing? IMO
I agree! He runs off and leaves Shamia with a man with a gun and doesn't even bother to call LE?!! I don't like this story one bit!
ETA: I should have read ahead. He did find an officer to report it too.

Community organizing search for missing 17-year-old Shreveport girl

July 9
Members of the community are coming together to search for missing Shreveport teen, Shamia Little, 17.

Anyone who wants to help search for Little should show up at Atkins Park, located at 2709 Hassett Ave., on Friday, July 9 at 8 a.m.

Volunteers will initially search the park, then head to the Queensborough area and work their way back to Greenwood Road.

Volunteers should bring water, towels, and anything else to help them stay cool; volunteers are also asked to wear comfortable walking shoes.

Shamia Smith still missing; mother pleads for 17-year-old’s safe return | ArkLaTexHomepage

July 9
“I am asking the community to come on and help me. Can y’all help, please? I need y’all help,” Shamia Little’s mother Marvette said Thursday evening as she wiped tears from her eyes.

Her mother recalls their last encounter.

“She was like ‘Imma be back,’ so I was like, ‘Oh okay.’ She says that all the time and she normally comes back because she doesn’t like to leave when it’s dark,” her mother said.

Shreveport police say Shamia might not be in the area anymore. Detectives are checking residences and cell phone records in hopes of finding clues as to her whereabouts.

Missing teen’s mother pleads for whoever is holding her to just let her go

The 17-year-old disappeared from Douglas “Doug” Williams Park, which is minutes from her home in Shreveport’s Mooretown neighborhood.

The mother also said she thinks someone lured her daughter to the park and away from her safe space. Marvette Little said she says that because Shamia is not an outdoor person, she prefers to stay inside.

Mom believes her child was lured to the park? That would seem to obviously indicate mom has suspicions of the man her daughter was with and possibly his version of what occurred. Looking at that park, I would imagine if the two were at this park late night, they were likely at or near the covered tables. Not much else besides the swings. Be that as it may...a strange man approaches and robs both of their cellphones, and despite the pretty wide open nature of the park, he then instructs the two towards a "wooded area" nearby? The only area that remotely resembles a wooded area is due west, and that is merely large trees within homeowners property. Okay, moving along....at some point the man manages to run away from Shamia and the gunman, ultimately flagging down an officer at a library branch about a half mile away. Okay, so my question would be why didn't the man attempt to get help from any of the residents along his route to the library? Surely he had no idea an officer would be there, so what destination did he have in mind during his escape? So, this robber/kidnapper shuffles off with with Shamia despite knowing that one of his victims has just escaped and is likely summoning help? What is this robber's general description if any? The police focused on cell records seems to indicate to me that they also have doubts about this story. The random robber who was apparently in need of cell phones seems too convenient when you consider the role those phones may have in her disappearance. MOO

What is this robber's general description if any? The police focused on cell records seems to indicate to me that they also have doubts about this story.

I’ve been wondering why a general description of the gunman hasn’t been shared.

I agree with your opinion that it’s quite possible LE are having their doubts concerning the circumstances that occurred when Shamia disappeared. (MOO)

This is also my opinion, but if the robber/kidnapper had intentions on kidnapping Shamiya, would he not then be more concerned with what to do with her companion, thereby making that companion's escape by merely taking off running less likely? Not impossible, but I would think less likely. I would also tend to think after having one victim escape by running off into a neighborhood at night, this would be robber would then concern himself with his own immediate escape. Instead he apparently hampers his immediate escape by presumably forcing a reluctant Shamiya to come along? Strange story to me. I don't care how I look at it. It keeps coming back weird.

I'm really having trouble with the "wooded area" he claims they were being led to. I just don't see it. The park has a chainlink fence on 75% of it's perimeter, with the open area adjacent to the street and the homes across from the park. I wonder where exactly were his shoes found at?

I'm really having trouble with the "wooded area" he claims they were being led to. I just don't see it. The park has a chainlink fence on 75% of it's perimeter, with the open area adjacent to the street and the homes across from the park. I wonder where exactly were his shoes found at?

I’m not exactly sure where the wooded area is located but on one of the videos the reporter talked about “witnessing family members entering the wooded area themselves to look for clues.”

RAW INTERVIEW: Marvette Little, Shamia Little's mother, and Lester Smith, of Mooretown Neighborhood Association

This is one of the videos from last night.
A few things I noticed:
•Shamia’s mother stated they are new to the community; they’ve only been living there for a few months.
•The young man who took her to the park was Shamia’s “guy friend” and had been over to the house a few times.
•According to her mom, the young man started out talking to LE, but by the end he wasn’t saying too much

I have issues with his shoes being found there. Why? Nothing from her but his shoes are there? If they were fooling around or whatever ( just thinking as to why shoes are off in the woods) and the only thing were his shoes and nothing that belonged to her? He ran to a police officer ( did he have shoes???) Where's her stuff? Why nothing there from her? At Gun Point! IMO

‘We love you,‘ Community organizing search for missing 17-year-old Shreveport girl

‘We love you,‘ Community organizing search for missing 17-year-old Shreveport girl

Grassroots volunteers gathered at Atkins Park in the Queensborough neighborhood, early Friday morning. Volunteers scoured the park and walked through nearby neighborhoods looking for Shamia.

“We love you and we’re hoping to get you back reconnected with your family,” said Christy Stewart, one of the volunteers. “There are other people out there that are on their feet to help in the search and rescue operation.”

The compassionate effort brought people to this neighborhood from all over northwest Louisiana.

I’ve been wondering why a general description of the gunman hasn’t been shared.

I agree with your opinion that it’s quite possible LE are having their doubts concerning the circumstances that occurred when Shamia disappeared. (MOO)
This is what I'm wondering too. You would think they would share some type of description of the suspect. I sure hope there's something that LE is doing behind the scenes that we don't know about. I'm very worried for this girl.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back