LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

I live pretty close to Jefferson parish. Im on the northshore. One of the ladies i work with... her husband is a detective for Jefferson parish. I can ask him if there is a way to get more info.
Yes, please!!!! I will pay for and go get anything we need. I just need help navigating the way to access the info.

Has anyone done a timeline on this case?

• Phone conversation that Shane had been in an accident (Did Shane give any details, did it sound like he was frightened or under duress, how long was the call?)
  • Car located with one of Shane's shoes nearby (where is the car now? What level of forensic evaluation was performed on it?)
  • Lukewarm and unprofessional LE response (need to dig deeper on this. Is this department known for being lazy, unprofessional, politically motivated or just poorly managed by a lazy, narsissistic or messianic individual?) Sometimes departments stop investigating a case and let it go cold if they think they may be at risk for a lawsuit due to a poor investigation, notably if the department head was replaced during an election.

Two scenarios that come to mind.

A premeditated "bump and stop" accident for a robbery that went bad
A minor accident with a "road rage", unbalanced or otherwise hostile (gang/drunk group) actor(s).

Did LE ping the phone? How long before the phone started going to voicemail? Was there any investigation on which cell towers the phone was transmitting from?

Has anyone done a timeline on this case?

• Phone conversation that Shane had been in an accident (Did Shane give any details, did it sound like he was frightened or under duress, how long was the call?)
  • Car located with one of Shane's shoes nearby (where is the car now? What level of forensic evaluation was performed on it?)
  • Lukewarm and unprofessional LE response (need to dig deeper on this. Is this department known for being lazy, unprofessional, politically motivated or just poorly managed by a lazy, narsissistic or messianic individual?) Sometimes departments stop investigating a case and let it go cold if they think they may be at risk for a lawsuit due to a poor investigation, notably if the department head was replaced during an election.

Two scenarios that come to mind.

A premeditated "bump and stop" accident for a robbery that went bad
A minor accident with a "road rage", unbalanced or otherwise hostile (gang/drunk group) actor(s).

Did LE ping the phone? How long before the phone started going to voicemail? Was there any investigation on which cell towers the phone was transmitting from?
If you look at Kenny Fell's posts, he has the most accurate info. Hes the uncle. I am on my phone right now, but when I get to the computer, I will try to find that info for you. I can also contact Kenny for anything we dont have posted here already.

As for the police dept.... well, this is Louisiana. Most things are lazy and corrupt. And although Jefferson Parish is usually better than New Orleans in Orleans Parish, I think the family felt brushed off and unhelped. But hes still missing!!! So, if not now, when. There hasn't been any real solid sign of him being around and hiding. So, they should be trying to find him.

From what I remember, they pinged the phone but didnt give the family the info. It's been long enough that I would think we could get some FOIA info. That's my weak spot. I need to find someone who is well versed, to help me. I want to help this family and find him so badly. They deserve that. And so does Shane.

Thank you. I didn't realize so much work went on into finding him. I watched "Brainscratch" and I don't think all that info had been reported.

Was Shane known to the PD? Just wondering why they seemed...unhelpful.

How does a person just disappear within 5 minutes?! I noticed a big old grate in one of the pictures. Don't know if it would have been big enough to slip through.

Sorry to bother you but does that big pipe take water on land and send it back into the river?

Does anyone think the PTC picked him up? Can't imagine he would have vacated the crime scene but he may have suffered an injury in the car wreck. And he was probably in shock.

Sent from my REVVLPLUS C3701A using Tapatalk

That grate stood out to me too. It seem like it was there at the time and probably he didn’t fall in, but strange that I’ve never seen it mentioned in any report or post. It is big.

Drove past the wreck site yesterday, someday you will be found Shane where ever you are. Last summer I drove past looked up and a purple PT cruiser was in front of me with TN tags it turned on to Marrero Rd which the next road you will come to past the crime scene.. Gave me shivers. Going to listen to the podcast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That would have stood out to me too. Would a thought they got a new car by now but you never know

If you look at Kenny Fell's posts, he has the most accurate info. Hes the uncle. I am on my phone right now, but when I get to the computer, I will try to find that info for you. I can also contact Kenny for anything we dont have posted here already.

As for the police dept.... well, this is Louisiana. Most things are lazy and corrupt. And although Jefferson Parish is usually better than New Orleans in Orleans Parish, I think the family felt brushed off and unhelped. But hes still missing!!! So, if not now, when. There hasn't been any real solid sign of him being around and hiding. So, they should be trying to find him.

From what I remember, they pinged the phone but didnt give the family the info. It's been long enough that I would think we could get some FOIA info. That's my weak spot. I need to find someone who is well versed, to help me. I want to help this family and find him so badly. They deserve that. And so does Shane.

Agree that someone should try to get his file thru FOIA. They may luck out like the person that got Lyle Steviks file did. Well they got 1/2 of Lyles file. Lyles LE and ME saw that it was put online; they put a halt on the rest going out. Lyles should not have been released; I think they said due to HIPAA and that there was no crime.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back