LA LA - Shane Fell, 36, Marrero, 9 June 2011 - #2

I did not remember to equusearch was involved!!! Thats real odd that they didn't stick around longer. I will never rest until we find Shane.

I suppose they did not stick around because the search area was becoming too large, and unclear on top of that:

Day 10: Search Continues For Shane Fell

Tim Miller with Texas based EquuSearch also doubts Fell's body is in the water. "A huge effort has been put in on Shane, but Shane is not anywhere close to where that car accident is at."

http://www.abc26.com/news/local/wgno-news-shane-fell-search,0,7123043.story?track=rss

BBM

".....but Shane is not anywhere close to where that car accident is at."

:(

I think of Shane often and always feel so sad his case has never been resolved.

Just bumping the timeline I did earlier in the event someone can spot something that might help. It contains notes derived from both the JPSO and LA State crash reports which were available at the time.

Hi all,

I knew Shane through the Minecraft server we both played on back in 2011. We'd talk often and he was always friendly, astute, kind, reasonable, and fun. Did I mention smart? He was thoughtful in his creations and I was impressed -- I looked up to him. He was my best-friend on that server and I was shocked when he disappeared.

I had come across an old summary I wrote explaining to others on the server what had happened and linking to the website so I wanted to check if there had been any progress. I'm saddened to see there has not.

I only created an account here to add my personal opinion, for what it's worth, that Shane never gave any indication of being depressed or longing for a different life. If anything, I'd expect the anonymity of being online and unwinding to allow him to share such things if he was feeling them.

Obviously, that's not conclusive as people are many faceted, but I do not believe he willingly left his car that night. Not a chance. The guy I spoke to all those years ago was not impulsive in that way. He was a moderator on the server, he was the guy who kept his cool.

I totally understand that I only got to see one-side of him but it was the side protected by anonymity, he had the freedom to share any darkness he was feeling without fear of consequence. He didn't share a hint of such unhappiness. In the grand scheme of the investigation it doesn't count for much but I strongly doubt he ran away or just disappeared. I think it's insulting, especially if it comes from a law enforcement officer. Sounds like a lazy excuse for not doing a deeper investigation.

We had plans to hang out, play Minecraft like we did every day or so -- he was working on some cool red stone contraptions. He had no intention of disappearing.

[After writing this I realized I might have screenshots from Minecraft that mention saehn (Shane) and I found a couple random ones I'm including. They just happen to include chat from saehn -- who's name, I just now realize over a decade later was just an anagram -- you're funny man, thanks for the laugh).

Minecraft screenshot showing saehn making a good point.The last screenshot I have with saehn in the chat log -- this is not the last time we spoke (I don't think) but just a random screenshot from June 8thsaehn saying, no prob, must sleep anyway. good night all.An in-server memorial I started (featuring a tower with flame with hope) that other server members contributed to.

We had good laughs and good times.

Something happened that night and given the time that has passed... I fear the worst is all but certain.

I grieve my friend. I hope for the sake of his family, friends and love ones in the off-line world this mystery is solved. I hope there is justice for him.

Last edited:
I agree, jaqs. He didn't leave on his own. That doesn't make sense. After this amount of time, he would have been seen or co tacted aomeone.

I really wish a new cold case investigator would come in and take interest in his case. I dont know if there is anything we can do to inquire about the case and let them know we haven't forgotten. Thank you for sharing.

Hi all,

I knew Shane through the Minecraft server we both played on back in 2011. We'd talk often and he was always friendly, astute, kind, reasonable, and fun. Did I mention smart? He was thoughtful in his creations and I was impressed -- I looked up to him. He was my best-friend on that server and I was shocked when he disappeared.

I had come across an old summary I wrote explaining to others on the server what had happened and linking to the website so I wanted to check if there had been any progress. I'm saddened to see there has not.

I only created an account here to add my personal opinion, for what it's worth, that Shane never gave any indication of being depressed or longing for a different life. If anything, I'd expect the anonymity of being online and unwinding to allow him to share such things if he was feeling them.

Obviously, that's not conclusive as people are many faceted, but I do not believe he willingly left his car that night. Not a chance. The guy I spoke to all those years ago was not impulsive in that way. He was a moderator on the server, he was the guy who kept his cool.

I totally understand that I only got to see one-side of him but it was the side protected by anonymity, he had the freedom to share any darkness he was feeling without fear of consequence. He didn't share a hint of such unhappiness. In the grand scheme of the investigation it doesn't count for much but I strongly doubt he ran away or just disappeared. I think it's insulting, especially if it comes from a law enforcement officer. Sounds like a lazy excuse for not doing a deeper investigation.

We had plans to hang out, play Minecraft like we did every day or so -- he was working on some cool red stone contraptions. He had no intention of disappearing.

[After writing this I realized I might have screenshots from Minecraft that mention saehn (Shane) and I found a couple random ones I'm including. They just happen to include chat from saehn -- who's name, I just now realize over a decade later was just an anagram -- you're funny man, thanks for the laugh).

View attachment 373786View attachment 373787View attachment 373792View attachment 373794

We had good laughs and good times.

Something happened that night and given the time that has passed... I fear the worst is all but certain.

I grieve my friend. I hope for the sake of his family, friends and love ones in the off-line world this mystery is solved. I hope there is justice for him.O
Of all the cases I have followed since Laci, 20 years ago now, Shane is one of the ones that touched my heart the most. I pray for closure and if criminal activity happened, justice for this man. It is so perplexing.....

I live in New Orleans on the east bank from where this happened. I followed Shane’s disappearance since the beginning.
This may be a silly question with privacy laws. Is there a way for the family to find out if Shane has used his social security number for anything? It seems one has to give that information for so many things.

I see the web site for Shane Fell is no longer available. Though the Facebook page is still in service. It’s no longer updated. Of course I can understand how sensitive and painful this is to his family. Has the family tried contacting/emailing any investigate reporters from the local news stations? Katie Moore from WWL TV is great. Her email pops easily on the wwl site. It’s worth a try.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back