LA LA - Slidell, WhtFem 20-30, 16UFLA, Breast Implants, Pregnant Jun'86

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Richard, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Bagpus

Bagpus Active Member

True about the weight.

2. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Have a nice day!

3. briigeee

briigeee Usually Lurking

Bump. I still think about her all the time.

4. gnsndr33

gnsndr33 Active Member

5. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

An excerpt from the article:

(...) "But something else that didn't exist then is available now, Sharp said: genealogy. "Hopefully, genealogy is going to be tremendous in that case. It might trace her back to some relative from 1780 or something like that. They say they do have that capability," he said, though it's expensive.

The producers of a crime program have offered to pay the bill, Sharp said. "They have a pretty high success rate. They have experts on staff, experts in genealogy and in DNA," he said.

The woman's DNA profile has been submitted to open source databases, and Sharp said they are very hopeful that they will finally have a name for the victim. "The most important thing is identifying her," he said. "After that, I think everything else will fall into place."

Does this mean that genealogists are working on her case right now, and it's only a matter of time that she might be identified? (◉_◉)

6. gnsndr33

gnsndr33 Active Member

I sure hope so!

7. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola 70's-80's Jane Doe's

Me too ...............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bit of hope, Walko, FireOwl9 and 7 others like this.
  8. Mrs. Badcrumble

Oh, dear.. I forgot to tag you in my post, Folie, but I am happy you found your way in here to see this! I am crossing my fingers :)

9. folieadeuxnola

Ty Badcrumble, no worries I was notified by a couple of WS's here about the article and I literally lost my $#%×#%@×%# reading it..... as much as expected I'm exceptionally excited and thrilled. I can only hope will hear more as her research progresses and her rightful name returned to her.

Have researched her so i. Depth for so many years .... down to any the tid bit I could find that would produce a potential lead to her origins... all thus far no dice. Lots of info but still no name...

I do wonder whom is handling her case as that I don't believe it is DDP. Possibly Parabon ?.. sure would like to know.

10. folieadeuxnola

****BUMP****

11. Mrs. Badcrumble

I can't find her in the recent DDP update, but I do know that St. Tammany Parish John Doe from 2016 is one of their cases and that Parabon Nanolabs is/has been involved with his case, too (PN did one of his recons, and he's among their featured cases on their website). Maybe she's still just at a early stage and whoever has her case do not want to announce it yet?

12. gnsndr33

gnsndr33 Active Member

My brother in law is a detective for st. Tammany parish. Im going to see him tomorrow. I will see if he can find out anything.

13. Bit of hope

@folieadeuxnola Isn't this exiting! You, being her advocate for so long, must be very happy with this news. Like you I spent many hours searching for a possible match. Your research an summaries were always very helpful. I will wait patiently for more to come.

14. folieadeuxnola

SCHWEET............ Hope your able to find out a little more anything would be greatly appreciated.

Al Ka and coffeeandacig like this.
  15. folieadeuxnola

Post # 429

Had forgotten about the weights until it was mentioned in the latest article. Was able to trace it back a few years ago to a manufacturer in Alabama. Their distribution streams included Kmart in which one was a few miles away from where LPJD. All thou back in the day Kmart's were every where and tracing back to where it was purchased would be a needle in a haystack unfortunately.

Dumbell Weights

Believe I've found a possible match

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Orbatron UltraKtron - 10kg / 22lb
    Manufactured Diversified Products Corp - Opelika, AL (Closed 1998)

http://www.eastalabama.org/diversfied_products.aspx
    Diversified Products | Encyclopedia of Alabama
    http://exercise.lovetoknow.com/DP_Exercise_Equipment

James decided to capitalize on an idea for concrete weights covered with plastic derived from Mobile weightlifter Joe Newman. was given the trade name Orbatron. In November 1961

The development of this new plastic enclosed weight material called Orbatron; led the company into new products for lamp manufactures (lamp base weight ballast) and the production of marine anchors.

Sears, Roebuck, and Co. was the first national retailer to purchase a large quantity of weights

Other major retail outlets soon followed, including Montgomery Ward, J. C. Penney, Kmart, Wal-Mart, Zayre's, and Sam's Club

Diversified Products or “DP” became the largest manufacturer of physical fitness products in the world with plants in Opelika, California, Canada, Mexico, and Swansea, Wales.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
    annemc2, Al Ka, Bit of hope and 3 others like this.
  16. folieadeuxnola

NAMUS RULE OUTS AS OF 07/28/2019

MP37676
    Nichole Fielding
    07/11/1986
    Wagoner OK

MP6998
    Rozlin Abell
    07/25/1985
    Oklahoma OK

MP22513
    Deborah Post
    04/13/1986
    Worcester MA

MP6910
    Judy WORRELL
    10/05/1981
    Sacramento CA

MP8239
    Amanda Fravel
    06/13/1986
    Clark NV

MP8284
    Annette Vail
    10/22/1984
    Tulsa OK

MP23648
    Susan Riedling
    03/31/1986
    Bullitt KY

MP1868
    Shannon Potter
    03/03/1984
    Baltimore MD

MP11224
    Debra Cressotti
    04/30/1985
    Hampden MA

MP1376
    Tammy Leppert
    07/06/1983
    Brevard FL

MP1370
    Faye Self
    03/31/1983
    Red River LA

MP10738
    Mary Shinn
    07/20/1978
    Columbia AR

MP974
    Patricia Schmidt
    06/04/1985
    Henrico VA

MP1100
    Hazel Klug
    05/20/1986
    Henrico VA

MP8385
    Nadine Timm
    11/16/1965
    Will IL

MP6022
    Carol Donn
    01/02/1981
    Palm Beach FL

MP3063
    Joyce Walcott
    05/29/1986
    Los Angeles CA

MP2075
    Sally Stone
    05/16/1986
    Kootenai ID

MP1689
    April Zane
    04/18/1977
    Will IL

Lisa Sexton
    OH

MP1100
    Hazel Klug
    05/20/1986
    Henrico VA

annemc2, Al Ka, Walko and 4 others like this.
  17. folieadeuxnola

Something else that many have mentioned is the $20k for implants that is way out of the ballpark even for the early 80's. The most I have ever heard for at least within the metro area all the way up to BR is $12k at a state of the art facility with a high priced doctor. And that was in the last 10 year's .... in all it still points to some type of financial means background. Could she have been a dancer ....... possibly could she have married well or was involved with a financially stable individual..... possibly. Could it have been money received from an accident ... as someone pointed out to me he could have received settlement money from an accident. For years I have been searching via newspapers and ancestry for potentials all thou I have find a few that were indeed still missing that were not in a national database but now they are in NAmUS no one seem to fit the bill for LPJD.

In all hope we do hear progress of her case in the near future.

annemc2, Al Ka, Bit of hope and 6 others like this.
  18. Bit of hope

In this article from June 2019 they say:

While she hadn’t had any extensive dental work done, it was noted that her wisdom teeth had been removed. She also had four teeth missing, but it’s unknown if they were removed before death or if they were congenitally absent.

You could read it like; she missed her wisdom teeth and also four (other) teeth. I never saw this before.

Also still wondering about the mysterious call.

On June 18, 1986, police in Louisiana received a call from an unknown person saying they would find two bodies beneath an interstate bridge if they met up with a man at the state tourist information center on I-10, just west of Slidell, St. Tammany Parish, Louisiana. When they arrived, they found there was no one there to meet them. They searched around the I-10 and I-59 bridges for the bodies, but could find nothing.

What if Jane Doe was killed together with a significant other, as a couple, but this body was never found, also weighted down?

Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

branmuffin, annemc2, thordis and 6 others like this.
  19. Lewie

Lewie Well-Known Member

RSBM

That seems possible. I believe there are sharks and maybe gators (although these are freshwater creatures, so I’m not sure) in the area or the body could’ve made its way out to sea.

It also makes me wonder if maybe this was planned as a murder suicide and the perp chickened out on the suicide part. But on the other hand, I think strangulation, and weighing down the murdered person’s body, would be a pretty unusual MO for that type of crime.

20. gnsndr33

gnsndr33 Active Member

There use to be a Kmart and a Sears in Slidell. I did ask my brother in law to.see if he could get me some info on her case. Waiting....