Found Deceased LA - Tahereh Ghassemi, 54, Baton Rouge, 11 April 2015 *Arrests*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by los2188, Apr 14, 2015.

1. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

Tahereh Ghassemi
    [​IMG]
    Sheriff’s deputies searching for missing woman whose torched car was found in north Baton Rouge
    http://www.wafb.com/story/28803476/ebrso-looks-for-missing-baton-rouge-woman
    http://theadvocate.com/news/12110094-123/sheriffs-deputies-searching-for-missing

2. FriedChicken

FriedChicken New Member

It looks like her name is spelled Tahereh Ghassemi. I don't know if it is spelled both ways. A search with the h on the end shows a recent divorce from a marriage in Iran. I can't tell if the divorce is on going. It says something about the husband being in sick and in Columbia.

3. FriedChicken

FriedChicken New Member

4. Sjm_qc

Sjm_qc Well-Known Member

Ugh :(. I don't like the sound of this.

(The legal arguments concerning the marriage/divorce are fascinating, & unfortunately, the divorce may well be relevant to her disappearance :( ).

5. Le Singe

Le Singe New Member

the fact that they found her car burned out is IMO a very very bad sign. Who knows what happened but if she is in the middle of a divorce or just got a divorce nine times out of ten its not just going to be a coincidence.

6. FriedChicken

FriedChicken New Member

7. colleend

colleend New Member

The son was on news today asking for her safe return.he was very emotional.. sad story.

8. Le Singe

Le Singe New Member

turns out i have facebook friend (who i barely know IRL) who is close friends with the son, this is all really sad. As more details emerge I'am almost sure the ex didn't want to pay up so he had this done. I can't believe he did it so soon after I think he must have had ALOT of anger about the whole ordeal. The case history in the court records for the divorce someone linked above make him seem like a real slime ball.

9. los2188

Deputies search for missing Baton Rouge woman after vehicle found burned
    Read more: http://www.cbs3springfield.com/stor...oman-after-vehicle-found-burned#ixzz3XV4H1Cb9
    [​IMG]

10. los2188

Missing woman awarded $1 million in recent divorce settlement
    Read more right over here→http://theadvocate.com/news/12127303-123/missing-woman-awarded-1-million

11. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Attempts to reach Hamid Ghassemi, Hamed Ghassemi’s father and Taherah Ghassemi’s ex-husband, were unsuccessful on Wednesday and Thursday. Messages left for him at his two Baton Rouge car dealerships, Import One and Import One Elite, both on Airline Highway, were not returned. A message left with his attorney also was not returned.

Hamed Ghassemi said he is not close with his father; however, he said the two spoke earlier this week. Hamid Ghassemi offered to help in any way he could to aid in the search of his ex-wife, Hamed Ghassemi said, and offered prayers for her as well.

Hamed Ghassemi, 37, said his mother’s friends — some of whom she worked with at a Wal-Mart in Denham Springs — have shown overwhelming support for his mother since she disappeared.

http://theadvocate.com/news/12127303-123/missing-woman-awarded-1-million

12. Dushi

Dushi Well-Known Member

one million reasons....

I was hoping this lady had been located by now

13. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

This doesn't look good. Ex-husband looks mighty suspicious.

14. los2188

Sheriff searching for vehicle of interest in missing woman case
    [​IMG]
    Vehicle of interest in case of missing Baton Rouge woman Tahereh Ghassemi (Source: EBRSO)
    http://www.wafb.com/story/28850664/sheriff-searching-for-vehicle-of-interest-in-missing-woman-case

15. megmono

megmono New Member

agreed. asked the son how long it would be before he was named as a suspect and he said he wouldn't be. if i was a betting woman, id wage it all

16. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Detectives spotted the SUV on surveillance video. It was on Millwood Drive a few blocks from Ghassemi's home during the time investigators believe she went missing, around 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 11. Detectives are hoping someone can help fill in the missing hours.

Ghassemi's son last saw her Saturday, more than a week ago. He says he was advised not to discuss the divorce, but did say it was a difficult ordeal that lasted many years.

http://www.wafb.com/story/28850664/investigators-search-for-clues-in-missing-woman-case

17. FriedChicken

FriedChicken New Member

I'm in Baton Rouge and it feels like this case has gotten very quiet. I googled her address and can sort of figure out where the black vehicle was parked (if it's connected). It is so scary and so close to her house. It breaks my heart to think about what could have happened to her.
    I wonder if her family and friends are planning anything for her. Has anyone seen any fliers, a Facebook page, a search or a reward for her? I'm sort of surprised there has been no mention of a reward.

Side note: I sort of know the ex-husband through work. He had to deal with me. When I needed anything from him he never wanted to talk with me directly. Always tried to send someone out in his place. I had experienced cultural issues before (not answering to a woman) and this was not the case.

18. mikkismom

mikkismom Active Member

19. ktgirl

ktgirl Verified College Instructor

This case has gotten really quiet. What happened to this beautiful lady?

20. mom23boys

mom23boys New Member

http://m.wafb.com/wafb/db_344970/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=zS34Ff9X

Her body has been found in St. Helena Parish. That is 2 parishes away to the east from East Baton Rouge Parish, where her car was found. Her ex husband and 2 others have been arrested.

ETA: St. Helena borders EBR on the north side, but most people drive through Livingston Parish to get there.