PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

LA - Ta'shae, 4, & Clifton Thompson-Johnson, 3, home alone, die in fire, 12 Jan 2015

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by RazTaz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. RazTaz

RazTaz Never forget Teghan Skiba.

http://www.ksla.com/story/27842387/unattended-toddlers-die-in-house-fire-mother-charged

2. Jovi Girl

Jovi Girl Member

What the heck ????! She left two small defenseless babies alone with some heaters in the house while she got her hair done ?? It took HOURS ? Obviously she wasn't too concerned ��

3. RT51

RT51 Active Member

I.just.have.no.words! Too many are leaving their small children alone. Too many are sleeping while their small children are running around. Those poor babies!

4. PastTense

PastTense Active Member

http://ktla.com/2015/01/14/2-young-children-die-in-house-fire-while-mother-out-getting-hair-done/

5. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

Oh my goodness. How awful. I am starting to question the common sense of people.

6. kaen

kaen Trying to be a good human.

"There were two gas space heaters running when Johnson left, the fire marshal’s office said. Some flammable material left by a heater in the living room caused the fire, engulfing the single-family, wood-framed house in flames."

Those poor kids.

7. cuffem

cuffem Well-Known Member

I want to see the mugshot and the hairdo that was more important than the care of her two children.Poor babies,I wonder if they were asleep and died of smoke inhalation.I pray they were asleep and not trying to get out of the door because she locked them in so they would not wander away.

8. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

What's sickening to me is that her FB is filled with condolences from people - sympathy, prayers, words like "tragedy," telling mom to keep her head up. Does no one understand that she lost her kids because of her own selfish actions?

Mind you, it's equally disgusting (to me) when I see hateful remarks but IMO taking an attitude that this was just some unforseeable event or an unfortunate mistake perpetuates the myth of a neglectful parent being punished "enough" by the loss of his/her kids. I'm glad to see that she's been charged and hopefully will be held accountable for her actions.

Oh, and I'm waiting to see if someone sets up an online fund for her "loss." Reminds me a little bit of Shanesha Taylor.

https://www.facebook.com/ciarria.johnson.3

She told authorities that she had arranged for a neighbor to watch the children -- arrangements that the marshal's office said never existed.
    Johnson reportedly told investigators that she returned to her home to find the house engulfed in flames, the marshal's office said. But authorities believe she didn't return home until after she was told about the fire.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2015/01/bastrop_mother_charged_followi.html

Makes me wonder how many times those kids were left alone in the past...

9. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

I am sure a funding page has already been started somewhere for this grieving mom.

Much like Shanesha Taylor, she will become the victim while the children endangered by the "victim" go forgotten. I can't wait for some person on the web to argue that this happened because she is a single mom or that its the fault of a slumlord landlord or anyone but this mother who consciously choose to leave these babies alone so she could go get her hair did.

10. keeponsearching

keeponsearching Wine Drinker

Oh for crying out loud. Will people every learn, children are not suppose to be left alone.. I have so many other words that I can't say on here. What precious little lives gone for something so ridiculously utterly stupid. I don't even like to leave my dog along. RIP little ones.

11. OkieGranny

OkieGranny New Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

http://www.ksla.com/story/27872616/...-fire-released-from-hospital-booked-into-jail

12. Derek

Derek New Member

Plenty of loving couples who can't conceive would have been far better parents to these two children rather than Ciarria. So tragic.