Height: 3'0" (91 cm)
Missing City: CLINTON
Weight: 35 lbs (16 kg)
Missing State : LA
Hair Color: Sandy
Missing Country: United States
Eye Color: Blue
Case Number: NCMC912370
Circumstances: Wesley's photo is shown age-progressed to 4 years. He was last seen playing on his front porch at approximately 9:45 a.m. on May 15, 2001. At the time, Wesley was wearing blue shorts with a green stripe on the leg and a gray t-shirt.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=912370&orgPrefix=NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

This case still haunts me. I'm about 20 minutes from where this happened.

This mom or her boyfriend sold this baby IMO.
What haunts me, is where is he now?

ETA: His "mother" was charged in 2008 with trying to sell another child to a married couple for $2,000.00.

Here is an article from the 2008 charges...

http://www.wafb.com/global/story.asp?s=7999109

Snipped:

East Feliciana Parish Mother Pleads Not Guilty to Trying to Sell Child
Posted: Mar 11, 2008 1:33 PM CDT
Updated: Mar 17, 2008 10:46 AM CDT

According to prosecutors, she tried to sell her own child. Tuesday, Ruby Havard was in court to defend against those accusations, saying it was an adoption gone wrong.

In her plea, Havard told a judge she did not try to sell her baby to a couple. Her attorney asks that the district attorney for the Felicianas, Sam D'Quilla, be taken off the case.

Havard says she and the couple she was dealing with stopped by D'Quilla's office for advice, so he could end up as a witness in this case. Havard's attorney claims this was an adoption with money involved and one that went bad.

Ruby Renee Havard has been under dark cloud since her oldest child mysteriously disappeared six years ago. Havard said her first son, two-year-old Wesley Dale Morgan, disappeared right off her porch back in 2001. During that investigation, detectives told us they suspected Havard may have sold the child. They just didn't have enough proof to arrest her.

It gives me hope that the mother tried to sell another child. I hope this baby (know he is not a baby anymore) is found and has been living with a wonderful family who desperately wanted a child (even though they did not go about doing so legally).

It gives me hope that the mother tried to sell another child. I hope this baby (know he is not a baby anymore) is found and has been living with a wonderful family who desperately wanted a child (even though they did not go about doing so legally).

That is my hope as well!

Missing child case still haunts relatives, law enforcement officials in East Feliciana

http://theadvocate.com/news/14259462-123/missing-child-case-still-haunts-relatives-law-enforcement-officials-in-east-feliciana

Fourteen years after 2-year-old Wesley Dale Morgan disappeared from his rural East Feliciana Parish home, the case continues to haunt relatives and others who were touched by it — law enforcement officers, investigators and locals who in 2001 searched the woods for days hoping to find the child.

Some still have not given up hope of someday finding Morgan, who would now be 16 years old. And they believe someone knows something but has kept quiet all these years.

On Saturday, Richard Sobers — one of the people who is trying to keep the case alive — handed out fliers and bumper stickers reading “Where’s Wesley” in front of the East Feliciana Parish courthouse in Clinton to curious passersby.

“My deal is, bring him home for Christmas,” said Sobers, a retired Baton Rouge police officer who lives in nearby Ethel.

Investigators have long thought that Freeman, who was 19 years old at the time, had something to do with her son’s disappearance and that it wasn’t a case of a stranger abducting the child. Among the many theories that have surfaced over the years is that Freeman sold Morgan in an illegal adoption.

Rhonda Covington, an East Feliciana Parish public defender who represented Freeman in an unrelated 2008 charge of attempting to sell another child — which was eventually dismissed — said Freeman and other relatives have cooperated with law enforcement.

They have not, however, worked with Sobers, who is not working in any official capacity and has stirred up rumors that upset the family, Covington said.

“What does he want them to do?” she said. “They want the child found, but they don’t spend their Saturdays looking underneath the rocks or in ditches or whatever. They don’t have the skill, the knowledge or the money to conduct their own investigations, so they allow the FBI to do what they’re doing.”

new-missing-kid.jpg

Anyone with information on Morgan’s whereabouts is asked to call your local FBI office or the nearest American Embassy. A $10,000 reward is being offered.

http://wgno.com/2016/04/27/fbi-reopens-15-year-old-missing-child-case-in-louisiana/

A little after the renewed search effort started, more tips were being reported.

Tip line generates leads in missing child cold case

A little more than a week after bringing a specialized child abduction team into a decades-old missing child case in south Louisiana, the FBI Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team says its tip line has generated numerous leads and investigative information.

Clinton-area residents recall desperate search for toddler in 2001, say new effort offers hope - May 4th

Cold Case Spotlight: FBI Investigating Disappearance of Louisiana Boy Wesley Morgan 15 Years Later - August 16, 2016

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/fbi-investigating-disappearance-louisiana-boy-wesley-morgan-15-years-later-n626511

It's been more than 15 years since little Wesley Dale Morgan seemingly vanished from his mother's front porch. Few clues have ever been discovered, but perhaps a new light being shown on the case will crack the story wide open.

"This could be the thing that brings about the answers," Mary Dufour, Wesley's aunt, told Dateline. "He would be 17 now, just a year from being a grown man. It's been too long."

Earlier this summer, the Federal Bureau of Investigation's New Orleans and Baton Rouge divisions launched a joint Child Abduction Rapid Deployment team to investigate Wesley's disappearance. Officials aren't speculating exactly why the case is getting a fresh look, only that new technologies in the area of missing children cases helped prompt the development.

There are tensions between the two sides of Wesley's family. Mary, who is Wesley's father's sister, said despite the sometimes chilly relations, everyone has the same goal; bring Wesley home.

"I hope God's been looking out for him all these years," Mary said. "For a little boy to just vanish like that is terrifying. Whatever happened, it's sad. Perhaps he's out there not even knowing who he really is and that we are out here searching for him."

Search for missing boy still going after 16 years

http://www.wbrz.com/news/search-for-missing-boy-still-going-after-16-years/

Wesley Dale Morgan went missing from his mother's front yard in East Feliciana Parish on May 15, 2001. And 16 years later, one man is determined to find out what happened to him.

Richard Sobers, a former law enforcement officer, is a strong advocate for finding the child who would have been eighteen years old now.

Investigators reopened the case last year. But so far, no new information regarding the case has turned up. Even though some people find it strange Sobers is so passionate about this abduction, he said he doesn't care what they think. Sobers said he believes it's his purpose to find out the truth of what happened to Morgan.

"Because it's the right thing to do," Sobers said. "I'm going to keep at it, and maybe one day we'll find out...in my mind, I don't think Wesley has a true voice."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back